Its either the redskins or the broncos for C. Brown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cugel
    Actually, I was wrong. I thought when Brown left Denver without a definite offer that Shanahan had decided not to sign him, but apparently he will decide between the Broncos and Redskins on Monday - and the Broncos restructuring of Plummer's salary was deliberate to try and sign Brown.

Of course, this means if Brown signs Herndon is gone! The team doesn't have enough money to sign BOTH players.

See this Article

plus someone should be fired if they match the offer on herdon. the hawks are offering way to much money for us to match that offer on our would to be 3rd corner
    Texas Bronco Fan

Comment

i really hope wwe get brown. Then maybe we can look somewhere else in the draft. (OT)
      Superintendent Chalmers: "Thank the Lord"? That sounded like a prayer. A prayer in a public school. God has no place within these walls, just like facts don't have a place within an organized religion."

Comment

Originally posted by chickennob2
        i really hope wwe get brown. Then maybe we can look somewhere else in the draft. (OT)
        If we get Brown and there is no top player left worth drafting, I think we should trade down for a 2nd and 3rd rounder, get Jackson in round 2, then we have more picks to deal with.
        sigpic

Comment

If we get Brown and there is no top player left worth drafting, I think we should trade down for a 2nd and 3rd rounder, get Jackson in round 2, then we have more picks to deal with.
          sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mikemustgo
                Again, the brown signing will have nothing to do with herndon!! if they decided to sign herndon then they will take back the 1st round status on walls( which frees up over 1 mil)!! Walls has not signed the offer so it comes off the table and back to the cap!!!

There's simply NO chance that the Broncos will reverse the 1st round tender on Walls and give it to Herndon! That would mean changing their minds about which player they would rather keep!

They had to choose which player they would rather protect and (for better or worse it's Walls). They gave the LOW tender to Herndon and decided to risk seeing what kind of offer he'd get. Now they know.

I doubt they match, it's way too much money and the team needs the cap space to sign a DL.

Shanahan sees a greater upside to Walls and if forced to choose he'd rather keep him than Herndon. You can disagree all you want, but Herndon is likely gone and Walls is going to stay! If the Broncos yanked the tender to Walls and gave it to Herndon then some team would make an even bigger offer to Walls and the Broncos would lose him (without compensation since he was an undrafted FA)! They're clearly NOT going to do that!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BVP
                  I'm glad that you feel strongly about this but I think one post would convey the idea to the rest of us. D-end isn't the only place Denver could use help. There will be several top players available.

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel
                    There's simply NO chance that the Broncos will reverse the 1st round tender on Walls and give it to Herndon! That would mean changing their minds about which player they would rather keep!

They had to choose which player they would rather protect and (for better or worse it's Walls). They gave the LOW tender to Herndon and decided to risk seeing what kind of offer he'd get. Now they know.

I doubt they match, it's way too much money and the team needs the cap space to sign a DL.

Shanahan sees a greater upside to Walls and if forced to choose he'd rather keep him than Herndon. You can disagree all you want, but Herndon is likely gone and Walls is going to stay! If the Broncos yanked the tender to Walls and gave it to Herndon then some team would make an even bigger offer to Walls and the Broncos would lose him (without compensation since he was an undrafted FA)! They're clearly NOT going to do that!
                    I agree with you on that all the way...the point i was making is that the signing of brown has nothing to do with which cb we keep.

Comment

--- if we sign courtney ---

--- somone better run him through a dozen MRIs and ultrasounds --- az

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                      The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                      http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                      My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

Working...
                      X