No announcement yet.

Final 1st Round Mock Draft version 1.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with you on Garrard, I would feel much more comfortable putting my team in his hands in comparison to Smith and Rodgers. I do think Rodgers has solidified himself in the 49ers' eyes as their top pick. But they are said to want to trade down to get him. Good idea.

I have also heard reports that since he has passed on Q. Carter, Gruden is very interested in trading for Rattay. I believe Rattay would be a very good fit in Tampa, strangely in a way he reminds me a little of R. Gannon. Nothing fantastic to look at on the field, but understands what it takes to get the job done. Gruden knew how to maximize Gannon more than effectively and I think he could do the same with Rattay.

I think Cleveland is doing some serious smoke screening right now, but I'm yet to decide in which direction. P. Savage is said to be taking a liking to B. Edwards, even considering making a personal trip to his individual workout coming up. I believe Edwards would be a fantastic pick if the Brown plan on being the team that GETS Garrard. However, Cleveland took a higher than expected interest in A. Smith after his workout. And even still, Crennel could very easily go defense with the pick with D. Johnson in order to help fill out their new 3-4 scheme. All in all, I believe Cleveland is the real wild card in all this as they're needs are glaring. I think they know that they're the wild card and are throwing up smoke screens left and right. If I were making the decisions in Cleveland, I would pass on D. Johnson and A. Smith and take Edwards if available. Stick it out with Dilfer and your rebuilt O-line for a year and grab Garrard. Fill your LB hole early in the second where there is a good chance you may be able to get D. Ware or D. Blackstock. Blackstock would be well suited for the 3-4 coming from Virginia and play a W. McGinest role.

Either way, Cleveland holds the cards right now and they know it, so we can expect more smokescreens to further cloud how the draft might fall in such a superstar free 1st round.

Comment

I think Cleveland's absolute preference would be to trade down and pick up Alex Barron. Their need at LT has been well documented the last few years.

I love Braylon Edwards, but Cleveland has a very solid WR corps. He would be heads and tails better then anyone on the roster, but the difference between his talent and what they have compared to the LB talent and Derrick Johnson is not as extreme. They need 2-3 play making LBs to pair with Andra Davis. I would not be surprised is they spent their top 2 picks on LBs because their defense becomes very competitive if they shore up the LB area, until they do, they are going to be clobbered. Their offense is decent except at OT.

In that mock draft, I stuck to no trades and just projected what i thought each team would take if they could not move up or down. Obviously, that won't happen. I'll attempt a trade mock a day or two before the draft when all potential information has been gathered. I would not be surprised if I have the Browns trading down to pick up Barron or Brown.

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
        I think Cleveland's absolute preference would be to trade down and pick up Alex Barron. Their need at LT has been well documented the last few years.

I love Braylon Edwards, but Cleveland has a very solid WR corps. He would be heads and tails better then anyone on the roster, but the difference between his talent and what they have compared to the LB talent and Derrick Johnson is not as extreme. They need 2-3 play making LBs to pair with Andra Davis. I would not be surprised is they spent their top 2 picks on LBs because their defense becomes very competitive if they shore up the LB area, until they do, they are going to be clobbered. Their offense is decent except at OT.

In that mock draft, I stuck to no trades and just projected what i thought each team would take if they could not move up or down. Obviously, that won't happen. I'll attempt a trade mock a day or two before the draft when all potential information has been gathered. I would not be surprised if I have the Browns trading down to pick up Barron or Brown.
        I think Cleveland would also like to bring in a back to compete with Suggs. I am sure they were shocked when Baltimore matched their offer to Taylor. I would like to be discussing Drougns with them.

But I would not be shocked to see them look RB in round 3 or 4 to compete with Suggs. A late second tier type of guy with some potential. In fact, isn't that where they found Suggs.

Comment

Originally posted by myoung
          I think Cleveland would also like to bring in a back to compete with Suggs. I am sure they were shocked when Baltimore matched their offer to Taylor. I would like to be discussing Drougns with them.

But I would not be shocked to see them look RB in round 3 or 4 to compete with Suggs. A late second tier type of guy with some potential. In fact, isn't that where they found Suggs.
          I believe Suggs was a 4th round pick. I completely agree with you on the RB issue. This is a fairly deep draft at RB and Suggs is at least a decent starter so a mid round pick makes the most sense. They want to run William Green out of town asap.

Comment

I believe Suggs was a 4th round pick. I completely agree with you on the RB issue. This is a fairly deep draft at RB and Suggs is at least a decent starter so a mid round pick makes the most sense. They want to run William Green out of town asap.
            Why not go get our 4th round pick back for Rueben. Just a thought.

Comment

Why not go get our 4th round pick back for Rueben. Just a thought.
              Personally, I think Droughns has great value to the team at his current salary. He provides a power back, a solid KR, a back up FB, and a good overall attitude.

I would cut Mike Anderson after June 1st and save some money.

The only way I trade Droughns is if I get a 2nd round pick. His versatility and proven success coupled with a cheap contract make him a great bargain.

Comment

Personally, I think Droughns has great value to the team at his current salary. He provides a power back, a solid KR, a back up FB, and a good overall attitude.

I would cut Mike Anderson after June 1st and save some money.

The only way I trade Droughns is if I get a 2nd round pick. His versatility and proven success coupled with a cheap contract make him a great bargain.
                With MAs recent restructure I don't feel that we buy ourselves any real money.

Comment

With MAs recent restructure I don't feel that we buy ourselves any real money.
                  I believe he just restructured to the league minimum this season, his value was at 2 million. However, his contract runs through next season and I do not believe he restructured that, so I believe that number is still high. The reason he restructured was so Denver could get under the cap mandate.

Its not uncommon for a player to restructure early and then get cut after June 1st. In this case, if we don't get a bite for Droughns, and I don't think we will, I believe Anderson will be cut.

Remember, Mike wanted to be released last season until Portis was traded. Now he's firmly behind Griffin and Droughns, as well as Bell. He is also not the top fullback option with Johnson and possibly Miree ahead of him. He has no place on this team unless Droughns is traded and that does not look likely.

Comment

Originally posted by Black59Razor
                    With all due respect, I think you are drastically under-estimating the contribution
                    that MA can make.....but at least you are already showing the cold, blood-thirsty nature of a GM...

Anderson has been arrested for marijuana. I believe he also had a domestic dispute. He was likely going to be traded to the Dolphins before his injury happened last preseason. He has effectively been replaced by younger, non-medical risk in Droughs. I'm sure Mike does not want to stay on the team if he's going to be buried on the depth chart.

Lets wait until June 2nd and see what happens. I think it will be a mutual parting of ways. Perhaps Mike restructured under the circumstance he will get his release. If he complained about being behind Portis on the depth chart, I'm sure he is not thrilled about being behind Bell, Griffin, and Droughns.

Comment

Mike Anderson may come back this year and take over where he left off. However, if he isn't the 1, 2, or 3 running back you can't give up a roster spot to someone who won't contribute. You just are not allowed enough players for that nor enough cap room. I wish him the best but I can't honestly say that I think he will play for us this fall.

Comment

By far one of the most well-thought out drafts I've seen. EVER.

Love you Mat'hir.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncology
                          By far one of the most well-thought out drafts I've seen. EVER.

Love you Mat'hir.
                          What are you thinking? The last thing we need is to feed the ego.

Comment

What are you thinking? The last thing we need is to feed the ego.
                            LOL! Oh come now, there is no ego. I know I have a good football mind, but that and 25 cents will get me a cup of coffee. That's just what I get pegged as because I aggressively argue my perspectives. When I'm wrong, I fess up. Infact, I think you've proven me wrong twice in the last few days and I acknowledged it each time. There is no ego. I just get annoyed when people argue against me without knowing the facts of what they are talking about, so I come off as a know-it-all when I respond back pointing it out. But that's more a lack of patience then anything else. I also like to hold grudges and point out when I'm proven right, but that's ONLY directed at the people who told me I was a blabbering idiot with whatever I predicted. I feel so misunderstood!

Anyhow, thanks Bronco, can't wait to see your mock.

Comment

LOL! Oh come now, there is no ego. I know I have a good football mind, but that and 25 cents will get me a cup of coffee. That's just what I get pegged as because I aggressively argue my perspectives. When I'm wrong, I fess up. Infact, I think you've proven me wrong twice in the last few days and I acknowledged it each time. There is no ego. I just get annoyed when people argue against me without knowing the facts of what they are talking about, so I come off as a know-it-all when I respond back pointing it out. But that's more a lack of patience then anything else. I also like to hold grudges and point out when I'm proven right, but that's ONLY directed at the people who told me I was a blabbering idiot with whatever I predicted. I feel so misunderstood!

Anyhow, thanks Bronco, can't wait to see your mock.
                              I am just playin with you man. I enjoy seeing your comments on things. Keep it up. I think it is funny how alot of people respond to you. It is amazing how many people misunderstand or don't read the post very well.

Comment

Very nice job of posting a well thought out Round 1 Mock Draft Mat'hir. Interesting where you have some players going. Can't wait to see what happens on April 23.

Comment

Working...
                                X