• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mat'hir Uth Gan
    replied
    Originally posted by rcsodak
    Mug.....
    Brown at LT?
    He's played his entire college career, I believe, at RT. You really think he can start as a rook out of position?

With the quickness and athleticism he showed at the Combine, yeah, he can do it no problem. He already is a tremendous pass blocker. In a perfect world he would go to the Rams and stay at RT, and he might, khalif Barnes could certainly go before him. I know I would take Barnes as a LT before Brown. However, the Texans are very high on Jamal and not so much on Khalif. Or else they are smokescreening.

The draft is such a pain in the ass, teams just need to be honest with what they are thinking It would be much easier to project, though probably not as fun.

Leave a comment:

• rcsodak
    replied
    Mug.....
    Brown at LT?
    He's played his entire college career, I believe, at RT. You really think he can start as a rook out of position?

Leave a comment:

• Mat'hir Uth Gan
    replied
    Originally posted by Black59Razor
    I can't comment too much on this Mock, because I have my own to prepare, but you missed badly on Shaun Merriman....he will probably be the first DE taken, and at 272 lbs now, that is where he projects....he won't last past Dallas at eleven...
    He will if one of the QBs are still available

Leave a comment:

• DPg2003
    replied
    Very nice job of posting a well thought out Round 1 Mock Draft Mat'hir. Interesting where you have some players going. Can't wait to see what happens on April 23.

Leave a comment:

• myoung
    replied
    Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
    LOL! Oh come now, there is no ego. I know I have a good football mind, but that and 25 cents will get me a cup of coffee. That's just what I get pegged as because I aggressively argue my perspectives. When I'm wrong, I fess up. Infact, I think you've proven me wrong twice in the last few days and I acknowledged it each time. There is no ego. I just get annoyed when people argue against me without knowing the facts of what they are talking about, so I come off as a know-it-all when I respond back pointing it out. But that's more a lack of patience then anything else. I also like to hold grudges and point out when I'm proven right, but that's ONLY directed at the people who told me I was a blabbering idiot with whatever I predicted. I feel so misunderstood!

Anyhow, thanks Bronco, can't wait to see your mock.
    I am just playin with you man. I enjoy seeing your comments on things. Keep it up. I think it is funny how alot of people respond to you. It is amazing how many people misunderstand or don't read the post very well.

Leave a comment:

• Mat'hir Uth Gan
    replied
    Originally posted by myoung
    What are you thinking? The last thing we need is to feed the ego.
    LOL! Oh come now, there is no ego. I know I have a good football mind, but that and 25 cents will get me a cup of coffee. That's just what I get pegged as because I aggressively argue my perspectives. When I'm wrong, I fess up. Infact, I think you've proven me wrong twice in the last few days and I acknowledged it each time. There is no ego. I just get annoyed when people argue against me without knowing the facts of what they are talking about, so I come off as a know-it-all when I respond back pointing it out. But that's more a lack of patience then anything else. I also like to hold grudges and point out when I'm proven right, but that's ONLY directed at the people who told me I was a blabbering idiot with whatever I predicted. I feel so misunderstood!

Anyhow, thanks Bronco, can't wait to see your mock.

Leave a comment:

• myoung
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncology
    By far one of the most well-thought out drafts I've seen. EVER.

Love you Mat'hir.
    What are you thinking? The last thing we need is to feed the ego.

Leave a comment:

• Dream
    replied
    By far one of the most well-thought out drafts I've seen. EVER.

Love you Mat'hir.

Leave a comment:

• Dean
    replied
    Mike Anderson may come back this year and take over where he left off. However, if he isn't the 1, 2, or 3 running back you can't give up a roster spot to someone who won't contribute. You just are not allowed enough players for that nor enough cap room. I wish him the best but I can't honestly say that I think he will play for us this fall.

Leave a comment:

• Mat'hir Uth Gan
    replied
    Originally posted by Black59Razor
    With all due respect, I think you are drastically under-estimating the contribution
    that MA can make.....but at least you are already showing the cold, blood-thirsty nature of a GM...

Anderson has been arrested for marijuana. I believe he also had a domestic dispute. He was likely going to be traded to the Dolphins before his injury happened last preseason. He has effectively been replaced by younger, non-medical risk in Droughs. I'm sure Mike does not want to stay on the team if he's going to be buried on the depth chart.

Lets wait until June 2nd and see what happens. I think it will be a mutual parting of ways. Perhaps Mike restructured under the circumstance he will get his release. If he complained about being behind Portis on the depth chart, I'm sure he is not thrilled about being behind Bell, Griffin, and Droughns.

Leave a comment:

• Mat'hir Uth Gan
    replied
    With MAs recent restructure I don't feel that we buy ourselves any real money.
    I believe he just restructured to the league minimum this season, his value was at 2 million. However, his contract runs through next season and I do not believe he restructured that, so I believe that number is still high. The reason he restructured was so Denver could get under the cap mandate.

Its not uncommon for a player to restructure early and then get cut after June 1st. In this case, if we don't get a bite for Droughns, and I don't think we will, I believe Anderson will be cut.

Remember, Mike wanted to be released last season until Portis was traded. Now he's firmly behind Griffin and Droughns, as well as Bell. He is also not the top fullback option with Johnson and possibly Miree ahead of him. He has no place on this team unless Droughns is traded and that does not look likely.

Leave a comment:

• myoung
    replied
    Personally, I think Droughns has great value to the team at his current salary. He provides a power back, a solid KR, a back up FB, and a good overall attitude.

I would cut Mike Anderson after June 1st and save some money.

The only way I trade Droughns is if I get a 2nd round pick. His versatility and proven success coupled with a cheap contract make him a great bargain.
    With MAs recent restructure I don't feel that we buy ourselves any real money.

Leave a comment:

• Mat'hir Uth Gan
    replied
    Why not go get our 4th round pick back for Rueben. Just a thought.
    Personally, I think Droughns has great value to the team at his current salary. He provides a power back, a solid KR, a back up FB, and a good overall attitude.

I would cut Mike Anderson after June 1st and save some money.

The only way I trade Droughns is if I get a 2nd round pick. His versatility and proven success coupled with a cheap contract make him a great bargain.

Leave a comment:

• myoung
    replied
    I believe Suggs was a 4th round pick. I completely agree with you on the RB issue. This is a fairly deep draft at RB and Suggs is at least a decent starter so a mid round pick makes the most sense. They want to run William Green out of town asap.
    Why not go get our 4th round pick back for Rueben. Just a thought.

Leave a comment:

• Mat'hir Uth Gan
    replied
    I think Cleveland would also like to bring in a back to compete with Suggs. I am sure they were shocked when Baltimore matched their offer to Taylor. I would like to be discussing Drougns with them.

But I would not be shocked to see them look RB in round 3 or 4 to compete with Suggs. A late second tier type of guy with some potential. In fact, isn't that where they found Suggs.
    I believe Suggs was a 4th round pick. I completely agree with you on the RB issue. This is a fairly deep draft at RB and Suggs is at least a decent starter so a mid round pick makes the most sense. They want to run William Green out of town asap.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X