X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EddyMac87
    replied
    Originally posted by jmjk
    I think there are four things that are against Pryce staying.
    1)cap room
    2)injury
    3)possible conflict with Shanny
    4)fans wanting him to go (just read the posts)
    Injury may work for him staying a bronco...no other team will give up much for an injured 30 year old...

and i think most the fans want him to stay, just for a lower salary

Leave a comment:

• jmjk
    replied
    I think there are four things that are against Pryce staying.
    1)cap room
    2)injury
    3)possible conflict with Shanny
    4)fans wanting him to go (just read the posts)

Here is the deal. If Pryce is as good as before t he injury, I say we keep him and here is why.

1)gaining an extra second rounder and moving back can be looked at like this: Pryce is a great player and what are the chances of our first or second rounder contributing like him within two or three years. The draft is not a sure thing, Pryce is more of a sure thing.
    2)Draft a replacement for Hayward who can learn under Pryce.

Restructure and keep Pryce and draft a DE.

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    Originally posted by jletourneau
    the Broncos worked towards a trade scenario like this:

Philadelphia is one of the few teams with decent cap room, they have two second round picks, and have recently lost their LDE, and have been rumored to want to move up in next month's draft.

Philly gets: 1st round pick #25, and Trevor Pryce

Denver gets: 1st round pick #31, and 2nd round pick #35 (originally Miami)

Why?-
    The Eagles have a hole on the left side of their d-line with the departure of the overrated D. Burgess. T. Pryce would be a huge upgrade and would fit under their cap, may even restructure in order to play in Philly. Pryce surely provides more pass rush and run defense than Burgess ever gave them. Pryce would fit well in the Eagles defensive scheme because of his versatility. His production and longevity would greatly benefit playing alongside Kearse and Simon. He would face far less double teams. Allows the Eagles to begin to move up in round 1 as they are rumored to be considering.

The Broncos could move back a few slots and have an early second rounder to boot. This would allow us to address various d-line needs. Mike Patterson or Luis Castillo would then be selected at 31. At 35, Denver would most likely still have the option of adding Justin Tuck to play right end.

There are holes in any proposed trade scenario, but I believe this makes sense for both teams and what they are trying to accomplish. Patterson and Tuck would fill out the line nicely next to Warren and either Brown or Douglas. Very formidable for the present and the future.
    Your post is well thought out, but I think Tuck's stock is on the rise and might not be available after 25.

Leave a comment:

• ReleaseTheBeast7
    replied
    I hope we keep Pryce, and restructure his contract. If he refuses to by June 1st, cut him. But I don't think we can get what he is worth from a trade. So just keep him and restructure his contract.

Leave a comment:

• EddyMac87
    replied
    I'd love it, but i'm still not sure if Philly will take a chance on a 30 year old DE coming of of back surgery....i think were better off keeping pryce, and asking him to restructure...

Leave a comment:

• jletourneau
    started a topic How does it sound if...

How does it sound if...

the Broncos worked towards a trade scenario like this:

Philadelphia is one of the few teams with decent cap room, they have two second round picks, and have recently lost their LDE, and have been rumored to want to move up in next month's draft.

Philly gets: 1st round pick #25, and Trevor Pryce

Denver gets: 1st round pick #31, and 2nd round pick #35 (originally Miami)

Why?-
    The Eagles have a hole on the left side of their d-line with the departure of the overrated D. Burgess. T. Pryce would be a huge upgrade and would fit under their cap, may even restructure in order to play in Philly. Pryce surely provides more pass rush and run defense than Burgess ever gave them. Pryce would fit well in the Eagles defensive scheme because of his versatility. His production and longevity would greatly benefit playing alongside Kearse and Simon. He would face far less double teams. Allows the Eagles to begin to move up in round 1 as they are rumored to be considering.

The Broncos could move back a few slots and have an early second rounder to boot. This would allow us to address various d-line needs. Mike Patterson or Luis Castillo would then be selected at 31. At 35, Denver would most likely still have the option of adding Justin Tuck to play right end.

There are holes in any proposed trade scenario, but I believe this makes sense for both teams and what they are trying to accomplish. Patterson and Tuck would fill out the line nicely next to Warren and either Brown or Douglas. Very formidable for the present and the future.
Working...
X