No announcement yet.

DBFan4Lyfe's 1st day mock draft: V 4.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Munoz doesn't seem to be as dominating as some other OT in this draft, even ones that are ranked near him. I think durability is a concern.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncology
      Munoz doesn't seem to be as dominating as some other OT in this draft, even ones that are ranked near him. I think durability is a concern.
      He's worth a 3rd round pick, IMO. If he just stays healthy, he would become a dominating tackle. Just have to give it time.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DBfan4lyfe
        He played safety in college and was just amazing. I don't know if you think college is full of unproven stars, even if it is, if LeSueur plays like he did in Michigan, we may have the best cover safety in the NFL on our roster!
        What are you talking about? Most of his time on the field at Michigan was at corner not safety. He started his career as a safety and moved to Corner. His significant work was done at corner.

Comment

Originally posted by myoung
          What are you talking about? Most of his time on the field at Michigan was at corner not safety. He started his career as a safety and moved to Corner. His significant work was done at corner.
          I recall him playing safety his Jr. year?
          sigpic

Comment

I recall him playing safety his Jr. year?
            He was a starting cornerback for most of his junior year. He played a little safety at the very beginning of his junior year, and split time at safety and corner as a sophomore. I don't think he played very much at all his freshman year.
            A proponent of Denver drafting Cutler since 10/05.

So naturally, my Adopt-A-Bronco is Jay Cutler!

Comment

1st round pick: Erasmus James, DE, Wisconsin
              Unbelievable ability to get to the QB, never quits, very physical. These would be the words to describe Wisconsins Erasmus James. Erasmus was a very productive and looked like an all-pro as a senior. We lack pass rush, and wether Courtney Brown signs or not. Wether we get 1 pass rush DE, it's still going to leave another man struggling against the offensive tackle, the offensive line he is trying to penetrate. If this guy, some say is the best DE in the draft, falls back to #25, put your money on him being a Bronco next year.

2nd round pick: Vincent Jackson, WR, North Colorado
              Terrell Owens, Randy Moss, and Vincent Jackson? Vincent Jacksons size would put defensive backs on their tip toes to try to knock a pass down that is thrown to this guy. He has very effective speed and is a playmaker. With him coming out of a Colorado school, and Rod Smith ageing- turning 35, I wouldn't doubt that this guy would be on Shannys top 5 big board. Even though Vincent Jackson could be a 3rd round pick, if he is there come #56, he will be taken that pick!

3rd round pick: Adrian McPherson, QB, Flordia St.
              This boy dominated the arena league, proving that he can be a reliable starter in the NFL. He has a very, very strong arm, very mobile. And this would be a perfect fit for the Broncos. He is very physical, and will keep defenses on their feet. He would be a great backup and a future starter in the NFL, and i'd love to see him be a Bronco next season.

3rd round pick: Michael Munoz, OT, Tennessee
              Our tackle, Matt Lepsis, is getting older now, and it's time for a replacment. We don't have Alex Gibbs anymore and we can't just throw anyone in there. Michael Munoz shows the attitude of a Bronco linemen and can move like a Bronco linemen. He would be a great backup until Matt Lepsis contract expires, he retires, or gets injured. I wouldn't doubt seeing him picked up next month by the Broncos.
              The only pick I don't see as a possiblity is McPherson for couple of reasons. First, all things being equal, even if pick a DT/DE in the 1st round I don't think that means were done with defense. I would look for us to take at least one other DT/DE on the first day. Second, I would defer this to those who have made a more indepth study, but I don't think McPherson grades out that high.
              John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by PsychoChicken
                He was a starting cornerback for most of his junior year. He played a little safety at the very beginning of his junior year, and split time at safety and corner as a sophomore. I don't think he played very much at all his freshman year.
                Oh yeah that's right, he was a 2nd year senior(He played 5 years in college). Forgot about that, so I guess I was thinking about his sophmore year? I don't remember, but when he played safety- he dominated.
                sigpic

Comment

I think Josh Bullocks would be a great pickup at safety in the second round.
                  Go Huskers.

Comment

Safeties. we need a playmaker, someone who might not be a stud in run support but is a ballhawk with centerfielder type range and can come up with the INT or force an INT. Here are the safeties I like and the probable round they will go in
                    Brodney Pool, Oklahoma - Late 1st, Early 2nd (The Falcons at #27 is likely)
                    Vincent Fuller, Virginia Tech - Late 2nd, Early 3rd (I am very high on this guy)
                    Sean Considine, Iowa - Middle-late 3rd
                    Dustin Fox, Ohio State - Late 3rd (Has excellent technique)
                    James Butler, Georgia Tech - Early-middle 4th
                    Jammal Brimmer, UNLV - 4th round
                    Kerry Rhodes, Louisville - 5th Round (is polar to our safeties, playmaker, not physical)
                    Junior Rosegreen, Auburn - 5th round
                    Matt Grootegoed, USC - 6th round
                    Mitch Meeuwsen, Oregon State - 7th round
                    Daimond Ferri, Cuse - 7th Round Steal (his name suggests he is a gem in the draft, former RB, devolping into excellent player, good knowledge, i am also high on this guy)

What do you guys think do you have any other prospects, or knocks on these guys.

Comment

Working...
                    X