X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HORSEPOWER 56
    replied
    Originally posted by Reichert113
    1st ferguson is a slower safety. i have a feeling brandon is going to beat him out this year.

2nd wow what kind of bronco fan are you wanting to let go of a guy who has bled, sweat and probably even cried for this team. mike anderson is as big a leader on this team as anyone. and you want to let him go for kyle johnson? you must be a loyal guy! kyle johnson is good and upcoming but if ruben droughns is gonna be the first fb anyways and anderson has proven himself time and again. anderson will have to take a paycut though you are right about that.

3rd im not saying let go of any1 that has just had a bad training camp etc. but johnson is overpaid of a back up de. they brought him into compete with hayward he got beat out. he is being overpaid, i mean hes a back up!

finally no one is going to want griffin? i beg to differ there. the running backs are exteremly talented in this draft but who wouldnt want a guy that has " flashes" of barry sanders like skill? i think most teams would want that. also the runningbacks arent as deep as you may think. there are the big 3 - williams , brown and benson then there is a huge drop off.
    The "flashes of Barry Sanders like skill" couldn't outweigh the "fumbles like Ahman Green in the rain with motor oil on his hands". This is why he was relegated to special teams. Griffin will never start for this team again unless both Bell and Droughns go down with injury. Griffin is a third down, screen-pass type back and nothing more.

Leave a comment:

• Reichert113
    replied
    1st ferguson is a slower safety. i have a feeling brandon is going to beat him out this year.

2nd wow what kind of bronco fan are you wanting to let go of a guy who has bled, sweat and probably even cried for this team. mike anderson is as big a leader on this team as anyone. and you want to let him go for kyle johnson? you must be a loyal guy! kyle johnson is good and upcoming but if ruben droughns is gonna be the first fb anyways and anderson has proven himself time and again. anderson will have to take a paycut though you are right about that.

3rd im not saying let go of any1 that has just had a bad training camp etc. but johnson is overpaid of a back up de. they brought him into compete with hayward he got beat out. he is being overpaid, i mean hes a back up!

finally no one is going to want griffin? i beg to differ there. the running backs are exteremly talented in this draft but who wouldnt want a guy that has " flashes" of barry sanders like skill? i think most teams would want that. also the runningbacks arent as deep as you may think. there are the big 3 - williams , brown and benson then there is a huge drop off.

Leave a comment:

• KnightOLB53
    replied
    [QUOTE=Reichert113]
    What I think the Broncos should do

QB- J. Plummer, M. Mauck, B. Van Pelt
    RB/FB- T. Bell(starting runningback), R. Droughns(back up running back / split time at fb with mike anderson), Q. Griffin (trade Griffin and a 2nd rounder to move up in the 2nd round) , K. Johnson (release, with anderson back he is jsut taking up space), C. Sapp
    WR- R. Smith, A. Lelie, D. Watts, N. Jackson, T. Luke
    TE- J. Putzier, S. Alexander, M. Leach
    C- T. Nalen
    OG- B. Hamilton, C. Carlisle (OT), T. Clabo, J. Sewell
    OT- M. Lepsis, G. Foster, D. Carswell, C. Green

DT- G. Warren, L. Elliss (release open up cap room), M. Pope, D. Davis (release), M. Fatafehi
    DE- T. Pryce, A. Palepoi, M. Coleman, R. Johnson (had a chance to win his spot last year failed cut so cut'um)OLB- I. Gold, D. Williams, J. Sykes, P. Chuckwurah
    ILB- A. Wilson, T. Pierce, K. Burns
    CB- C. Bailey, L. Walls, W. Middlebrooks, R. Alexander, J. Shoate
    S- J. Lynch, N. Ferguson, J. LeSueur, C. Young, S. Brandon (you have to release one you can't carry 5 safeties that out of this world i say let ferguson and let the young guns fight out for their spots)K- J. Elam
    P- J. Baker

[QUOTE]

1st why would u give up a young fullback who has proven himself very well to an older guy who is comeing off an injured groin and his contract is to high. 2nd no one is going to want griffen because the draft is full of running backs,no way someone would give there 2nd for ours and griffen. 3rd so any guy who doesnt start or has a bad time in training camp u want to all of a sudden cut them. doesnt make sense. 4th why would you release Ferguson who is a big time leader on this team and is a good player. I rather release Brandon and sign a CB or saftey. Also i dont really think Baker will get the job,well i hope not.

Leave a comment:

• Reichert113
    replied
    possiblity

the roster below is the roster now

RB/FB- T. Bell, R. Droughns, Q. Griffin, K. Johnson, C. Sapp
    C- T. Nalen

DT- G. Warren, L. Elliss, M. Pope, D. Davis, M. Fatafehi
    DE- T. Pryce, A. Palepoi, M. Coleman, R. Johnson
    OLB- I. Gold, D. Williams, J. Sykes, P. Chuckwurah
    S- J. Lynch, N. Ferguson, J. LeSueur, C. Young, S. Brandon
    K- J. Elam
    P- J. Baker

What I think the Broncos should do

RB/FB- T. Bell(starting runningback), R. Droughns(back up running back / split time at fb with mike anderson), Q. Griffin (trade Griffin and a 2nd rounder to move up in the 2nd round) , K. Johnson (release, with anderson back he is jsut taking up space), C. Sapp
    C- T. Nalen

DT- G. Warren, L. Elliss (release open up cap room), M. Pope, D. Davis (release), M. Fatafehi
    DE- T. Pryce, A. Palepoi, M. Coleman, R. Johnson (had a chance to win his spot last year failed cut so cut'um)
    S- J. Lynch, N. Ferguson, J. LeSueur, C. Young, S. Brandon (you have to release one you can't carry 5 safeties that out of this world i say let ferguson and let the young guns fight out for their spots)
    K- J. Elam
    P- J. Baker

now for our moves
    1st we are going to sign courtney brown, have pryce restructure his contract so it can work out well for the team. if he wont do so give him premission to seek a trade on draft day.

2nd we need to either trade out of the 1st round and get a low #2 or get lower in the 1st. i say if we get brown and keep pryce trade out of the 1st round. however if we trade pryce get brown or visversa we are trading up to around 15 to take david pollack

3rd we need to get depth in some key places mostly defensive back. other than lynch and " the champ " no1 else is proven so we are going to try to pick up a veteran safety that can still play the game. Im actually thinking of a giant to pick up. Shaun Williams ( even though he is coming off knee surgery he is a trooper) he is only 28 and still has a lot of upside. its a gamble but thats how you win in this league taking gambles. ex - pats - correy dillion give our young safeties time to learn and gain experience over time. dont just feed them to the wolves..

4th oline we need to pick up a solid olineman. use our 5th - 6th picks and we should be solid. olinemen always seem to do very well in denver.

finally sign ed hartwell! this is going to be tough cause we are going to have to restructure some deals but with some class guys on this team i think we can do it.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanCanada
    replied
    I like Mauck and Van Pelt, but, not enough to see either thrown into the fire next season is something happens to Plummer.

A guy who's played some NFL snaps is a need before next year. Doesn't have to be a guy who makes Plummer look over his shoulder, but a solid guy.

Leave a comment:

• jletourneau
    replied
    Originally posted by rcsodak
    What? No practice squad??????
    well you know, only if you want to dip into the undrafted free agent pool predicitions too.

Leave a comment:

• rcsodak
    replied
    Originally posted by jletourneau
    We all have spent plenty of time evaluating the Broncos roster and making pleas for free agents and the right players in the up coming draft. I paired down the current offseason roster as if they were heading into the season today.

It has its flaws for sure, as there are certain to be more additions, subtractions and approximately 6 draft picks. Unfortunately, I already made tough cuts like M. Anderson under the premise that it is looking more and more like Droughns will return.
    What? No practice squad??????

Leave a comment:

• MoFo_JoRo
    replied
    Originally posted by jletourneau
    We all have spent plenty of time evaluating the Broncos roster and making pleas for free agents and the right players in the up coming draft. I paired down the current offseason roster as if they were heading into the season today.

It has its flaws for sure, as there are certain to be more additions, subtractions and approximately 6 draft picks. Unfortunately, I already made tough cuts like M. Anderson under the premise that it is looking more and more like Droughns will return.

Everyone has shown there opinion of who the draft should yield for us round by round and who we should still pick up in FA (i.e. C. Brown, M. Douglas, etc.) The roster is below. Pryce has not yet been traded, if he is it will allow just over 5 million in cap room and there is currently just over 3 million so keep it realistic and remember to leave some for a rookie pool. (3-4 million)

Pick your draft picks, your FA's yet to be signed by the Broncos and your predicted June 1 cuts who Denver might pursue. But when you add, you have to subtract a player from the current # to keep the roster legal and balanced with reasonable depth at each position. Have fun and keep it realistic. Let's see what the full roster MIGHT look like.

C- T. Nalen

S- J. Lynch, N. Ferguson, J. LeSueur, C. Young, S. Brandon
    K- J. Elam
    P- J. Baker
    Well i have no idea what we WILL do, but Ill say what I would do if i had some control over it. Okay? So dont think that i belive we will do this.

I would get a couple punters to compete wit baker, cuz we cant just give him the job unless he proves hes worth it. No way we will keep ten dbs on active roster. The best 8 will stay i belive. Pryce will most likely be traded. Carswell will be a t.e again, an just provide DEPTH at t. We will draft a linemen to compete with Carlisle. And we will look for a dl, though if there is nothing worth there i wouldnt pick it up in first round, If we try an force someone to be a first rounder, we will be burnt. (Ie: Middlebrooks....) I think Sewell and Clabo will be competing for last og roster spot, other will be on PS this year. And if it were up to me, and he is there, i would get A. mac in third round, would give us a decent backup who if plummer doesnt work out in the next couple years could take over. Cuz if we lose plum right now with Mauck number 2-there goes our season. I like muack but he aint nearly starter material...there was a reason he was there in 7th round.

Leave a comment:

• jletourneau
    started a topic Re-structure YOUR roster for '05 Broncos

Re-structure YOUR roster for '05 Broncos

Everyone has shown there opinion of who the draft should yield for us round by round and who we should still pick up in FA (i.e. C. Brown, M. Douglas, etc.) The roster is below. Pryce has not yet been traded, if he is it will allow just over 5 million in cap room and there is currently just over 3 million so keep it realistic and remember to leave some for a rookie pool. (3-4 million)

Pick your draft picks, your FA's yet to be signed by the Broncos and your predicted June 1 cuts who Denver might pursue. But when you add, you have to subtract a player from the current # to keep the roster legal and balanced with reasonable depth at each position. Have fun and keep it realistic. Let's see what the full roster MIGHT look like.

C- T. Nalen