Brock Berlin, Kyle Orton, Jason White

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brock Berlin, Kyle Orton, Jason White

where do you think theyll go and do you think they could have any futures?
    The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
    While he sits by his hearth at home.
    Quickly finds when questioned by others .
    That he knows nothing at all.

I think you've embarassed and done a disgrace to Kyle Orton by listing him with these other two.

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

Originally posted by NJBRONCOSFAN
      I think you've embarassed and done a disgrace to Kyle Orton by listing him with these other two.
      yep. Orton is at least a solid prospect, a possible 3rd/ 4th rounder. Berlin is terrible and is dumb as a rock, while White was a very effective college player but blew out both of his knees, and doesn't really have the arm strength or mobility that you look for in a pro QB. Berlin shouldn't get drafted, but White might get picked in the 6th or 7th just because of his college success.

Comment

Orton may have a future...he'll get drafted early in the second day...but why list the other 2 in there....White will probably be a 6th or 7th rounder...and Berlin won't be drafted...why list these three with all the good second-third round prospects...

Comment

Originally posted by madmax
          yep. Orton is at least a solid prospect, a possible 3rd/ 4th rounder. Berlin is terrible and is dumb as a rock, while White was a very effective college player but blew out both of his knees, and doesn't really have the arm strength or mobility that you look for in a pro QB. Berlin shouldn't get drafted, but White might get picked in the 6th or 7th just because of his college success.
          Don't forget that White has proven that he chokes big time in big games

Comment

Originally posted by Broncosinindy
            where do you think theyll go and do you think they could have any futures?
            Come on guys this is a valide question. He is not asking whether we think all of them have the same talent just where we think each will go and if they will stick on a roster.

Here is my take. Orton is falling. Originally he had a shot at being a second round pick but that has slid and he is spiraling downwards. I would say second day pick as either a late 4th rounder or a 5th rounder is where he will end up. I think he has a shot at being a backup in this league. I don't think he will be a starter he doesn't have all the tools.

Berlin will be an UFA and will be picked up just after the draft ends. I think there will be some competition for him at that point. Probably a guy that sticks on a scout team for a year or two and then ends up with another job or trying to make it in some other league.

White is interesting to me. I think he will be drafted late, but earlier than BVP was last year. I dont think he will get alot of reps in camp but has a shot to stick around for a few years. I see him as a scout team guy that gets sent to NFL Europe. Maybe he develops into a backup and maybe he doesn't but I think he has alot better shot than Berlin.

Good original post. I like discussing the late round prospects and what potential they have. Hopefully you get quality posts and not insults by people who read alot more into the question than is really there.

Comment

Kyle Orton will definately start somewhere for a good time, he has a bright future, look for him to be an above average QB, and in the top 15 around the the league.
              Brock Berlin is horrible, hes looks more and more like a Brian Griese everytime I see him play.

Comment

Originally posted by PrimeTime
                Kyle Orton will definately start somewhere for a good time, he has a bright future, look for him to be an above average QB, and in the top 15 around the the league.
                Brock Berlin is horrible, hes looks more and more like a Brian Griese everytime I see him play.
                Last I checked Griese started in this league last year and now has several years under his belt as a starter and a few dollars in the bank as well. I would think Berlin would be lucky to get this result. In fact any of these three would be lucky to get that result.

What about Orton makes you feel he will be top 15. The fact that he has injury concerns, the fact that he can't make all the throws, the fact that he wasn't nearly as accurate as everyone had hoped, the fact that he was not as tall or strong as once thought, or the fact that he has not impressed in personal interviews. Early in the season many thought he could be a first round pick. Now he has slid, most likely, to the second day. I don't know that any of this bodes well for his career. Hopefully the Raiders get him in the 5th round and he ends up starting for them.....

Comment

Originally posted by myoung
                  Last I checked Griese started in this league last year and now has several years under his belt as a starter and a few dollars in the bank as well. I would think Berlin would be lucky to get this result. In fact any of these three would be lucky to get that result.

What about Orton makes you feel he will be top 15. The fact that he has injury concerns, the fact that he can't make all the throws, the fact that he wasn't nearly as accurate as everyone had hoped, the fact that he was not as tall or strong as once thought, or the fact that he has not impressed in personal interviews. Early in the season many thought he could be a first round pick. Now he has slid, most likely, to the second day. I don't know that any of this bodes well for his career. Hopefully the Raiders get him in the 5th round and he ends up starting for them.....
                  You forgot to mention that Orton's speed, quickness and agility numbers from his workouts would put him in the middle of the pack of Defensive Tackles. A slower, shorter, less powerful, less accurate version of Drew Bledsoe would just get sacked, a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by OhNoKoolAid
                    You forgot to mention that Orton's speed, quickness and agility numbers from his workouts would put him in the middle of the pack of Defensive Tackles. A slower, shorter, less powerful, less accurate version of Drew Bledsoe would just get sacked, a lot.
                    Oh yes the DT comparison; how could I forget.....

Comment

Working...
                    X