Hmmm....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmmm....

I just saw a mock draft showing us taking Reggie Brown in the 1st round. I thought this pick was absurd until I thought about it a little. We've got Warren and possibly Brown already. I haven't heard if we're pursuing Marques Douglas or not. But if we end up having Brown, Warren, Pryce(or possibly Douglas) and maybe Palepoi, could that be enough to get us by? As much as we all love Rod , I think we all understand it will only be a few years that he can keep being as productive as he is, and we will need a long term replacement.

Here's some info on Reggie:
    400-pound bench press … 500-pound squat … 321-pound power clean … 4.46 in the 40-yard dash … 2.71 20-yard dash … 1.58 10-yard dash … 4.07 20-yard shuttle … 11.34 60-yard shuttle … 6.99 three-cone drill … 41.5-inch vertical jump … 10'8" broad jump … 31 3/8-inch arm length … 9 3/8-inch hands … Right-handed … 18 Wonderlic score.

Looks like he is very strong and a good leaper.

What do you guys think about this pick?

I like Reggie Brown as a second or third rounder, but not as a first round pick. With the extraordinary depth at wide reciever in this draft, I would like to see a second round wide reciever. The best interior lineman will be gone (Spencer) ad the other guys that could fit our system should be around in the third (Mathis, Brooks or Kaczur). I think that Brown could fall to our pick in the second, just because of other teams preference for a bigger or faster reciever. If he isn't there, perhaps Roddy White, Chris Henry, Cro' Thorpe, Terrence Murphy, Fred Gibson or Vincent Jackson will be there.

Comment

Originally posted by OhNoKoolAid
      I like Reggie Brown as a second or third rounder, but not as a first round pick. With the extraordinary depth at wide reciever in this draft, I would like to see a second round wide reciever. The best interior lineman will be gone (Spencer) ad the other guys that could fit our system should be around in the third (Mathis, Brooks or Kaczur). I think that Brown could fall to our pick in the second, just because of other teams preference for a bigger or faster reciever. If he isn't there, perhaps Roddy White, Chris Henry, Cro' Thorpe, Terrence Murphy, Fred Gibson or Vincent Jackson will be there.
      i agree with you, Brown is a great player, but not 1st round material. we could definitely snag him in the 2nd. i really wouldn't mind taking a chance and trying to grab Matt Jones or Vince Jackson if we could trade up higher in the 3rd. Big WR/TE hybrids who can run and catch who may end up being awesome, but then again might not. Plus, Jones can play QB!
      Last edited by madmax; 03-28-2005, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Maybe we could try to trade our first round pick for depth at D-line and an early 2nd rounder. Would that make this move seem more justifyable?

Comment

yeah, but we really wouldn't need an early 2nd rounder to grab him. we could sit at where we are in the 2nd and he should be there. i still actually support trading down to a late 1st/ 2nd rounder because there are TONS of prospects who could go anywhere from pick #20 all the way to pick #45, just depending on how the draft plays out.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueDevilsDB
            I just saw a mock draft showing us taking Reggie Brown in the 1st round. I thought this pick was absurd until I thought about it a little. We've got Warren and possibly Brown already. I haven't heard if we're pursuing Marques Douglas or not. But if we end up having Brown, Warren, Pryce(or possibly Douglas) and maybe Palepoi, could that be enough to get us by? As much as we all love Rod , I think we all understand it will only be a few years that he can keep being as productive as he is, and we will need a long term replacement.

Here's some info on Reggie:
            400-pound bench press … 500-pound squat … 321-pound power clean … 4.46 in the 40-yard dash … 2.71 20-yard dash … 1.58 10-yard dash … 4.07 20-yard shuttle … 11.34 60-yard shuttle … 6.99 three-cone drill … 41.5-inch vertical jump … 10'8" broad jump … 31 3/8-inch arm length … 9 3/8-inch hands … Right-handed … 18 Wonderlic score.

Looks like he is very strong and a good leaper.

What do you guys think about this pick?
            I like Reggie as well. But I am not sure our Brass does. I have heard several times that we have shown interest in Mark Clayton and even more interest in Vincent Jackson. In fact, I think that one is to the point of several discussions with Jackson. I would guess that if we are going to reach at WR it will be with Jackson not with Brown. That is just a feeling I have but the draft is still a long ways away.

Comment

Working...
            X