Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hahaha!!! ANOTHER BROWNS LINEMAN!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Woot!!! We get Mike Myers as well. This is great!

    In my wildest dreams, I would never of fathomed the Browns would unload their entire D-line for so cheap. I thought the Broncos were completely screwed on the D-line this season, but this windfall has me as excited as can be.


    I give Shanahan and Sundquist props for these moves. Now the Ian Gold signing looks pretty damn smart with all these D-linemen coming into the fold.

    We still need a starting "under" tackle that rushes the passer. And we need another pass rushing threat to pair with Ekuban at RDE, but it looks like we can field a competitive 4-3 D-line if we get a DT early in the draft, and pick up a veteran DE/draft pick as well.


    Team is coming together as long as these guys stay healthy and play hard. Our schedule is hard as hell, but this is looking better each day.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
      Woot!!! We get Mike Myers as well. This is great!

      In my wildest dreams, I would never of fathomed the Browns would unload their entire D-line for so cheap. I thought the Broncos were completely screwed on the D-line this season, but this windfall has me as excited as can be.


      I give Shanahan and Sundquist props for these moves. Now the Ian Gold signing looks pretty damn smart with all these D-linemen coming into the fold.

      We still need a starting "under" tackle that rushes the passer. And we need another pass rushing threat to pair with Ekuban at RDE, but it looks like we can field a competitive 4-3 D-line if we get a DT early in the draft, and pick up a veteran DE/draft pick as well.


      Team is coming together as long as these guys stay healthy and play hard. Our schedule is hard as hell, but this is looking better each day.
      Hey Mat'hir, us drafting Mike Patterson looks like a pretty damn good idea huh .

      I too am very happy with the moves management has made concerning our D-Line. We have taken very minimal risks with the chance of a huge reward. The fact that we get Mike Myers and possibly a 2006 draft pick as a throw in in the Droughns deal is incredible. Myers is a solid DT and he gives us quality depth as a rotational player. Ekuban and Brown can be solid contributors when they get healthy and Warren can be dominant if he plays with intensity and intelligence on every snap. I'm ecstatic with what has taken place as of right now and I am anxious to see how the rest of the offseason plays out.
      DPg2003
      Practice Squad
      Last edited by DPg2003; 03-30-2005, 01:25 AM.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by DPg2003
        Hey Mat'hir, us drafting Mike Patterson looks like a pretty damn good idea huh .

        I too am very happy with the moves management has made concerning our D-Line. We have taken very minimal risks with the chance of a huge reward. The fact that we get Mike Myers and possibly a 2006 draft pick as a throw in in the Droughns deal is incredible. Myers is a solid DT and he gives us quality depth as a rotational player. Ekuban and Brown can be solid contributors when they get healthy and Warren can be dominant if he plays with intensity and intelligence on every snap. I'm ecstatic with what has taken place as of right now and I am anxious to see how the rest of the offseason plays out.
        The only thing I'm worried about is that Denver may try and convince themselves that they are fine at DT as is. Warren is a good NT in the 4-3, and Fetafehi is a great rotational backup at NT in both the 4-3 and 3-4. Pope and Myers seem vastly similar, Myers is a great hedge if Pope is signed away in RFA. Im just worried Denver is going to start Pope and have Myers back him up at Under Tackle, which would just be bad. Either could probably back up the position, but neither have the pass rush ability which the position demands. We don't have a starting Under Tackle on the roster. Mike Patterson would fill that role and also give us a proven NT in 3-4 formations. I can only hope we draft him. Marcus Spears, Luis Castillo, and Shaun Cody could potentially fill the Under Tackle position as well, though none are as proven as Patterson.

        We still have glaring depth issues at DE though. Getting Myers thrown in with this deal probably ping pongs the biggest need back to DE. Brown/Palepoi can probably handle the LDE position, but Ekuban needs someone to spell him at RDE. Demarcus Ware, Justin Tuck, even Matt Roth fit this role. While Tuck and Ware do not fit in the 3-4, as Brown would likely be the pass rushing OLB, Roth can probably fill a DE role in both defenses, making him fairly more attractive then the others.


        I think these moves shore up our depth and Ekuban gives us a reliable RDE starter so that a rookie draft pick does not bear the full burden of providing the team's pass rush. I think the key in the 1st round is whichever player the team fills will give the best pass rush at DT or DE, and can also contribute in the 3-4 formation as well. To me that eliminates Ware and Tuck, and likely Shaun Cody.

        I see Marcus Spears, Matt Roth, Luis Castillo and Mike Patterson as our choices.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan

          I see Marcus Spears, Matt Roth, Luis Castillo and Mike Patterson as our choices.
          I don't see how we're getting Marcus Spears with the 25th pick. But anyhow...I was thinking that they would still draft a DE to play opposite Brown or serve as an insurance policy. I figured they would go for Demarcus Ware because of his versatility or Matt Roth.

          But now I really think they may go CB or WR. They say they have a plan. They have added four D-linemen, so I think they're going to turn their attention to finding Rod Smith's replacement or a quality CB.

          Comment


          • another defensive linemen along with ebenezer

            http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,...788949,00.html

            i don't know about the rest of you, but i believe mike shanahan is doing a good job at getting some defensive linemen for us.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by TDandELWAY
              http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,...788949,00.html

              i don't know about the rest of you, but i believe mike shanahan is doing a good job at getting some defensive linemen for us.
              :deep sigh: USE THE DAMN SEARCH BUTTON!

              http://web.denverbroncos.com/forums/...earchid=114471 Jeez.

              sigpic

              Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

              There are three things you can expect in life:

              1. Death
              2. Taxes
              3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

              Comment


              • We should have ample salary cap room next offseason to keep some of these players if any of them stand out.

                Lepsis is obviously going to be gone, so we won't worry about him.

                I think C. Brown is the one we are hoping works out and we pick up long term. I think Gerrard Warren would need to come cheap if we plan on keeping him. He's a good NT in the 4-3, but he's not anything special. A good gamble for a 4th round pick since we have nobody even as good as he is on the roster at DT currently.

                Ekuban is a stop gap, platoon pass rusher, and Myers is basically a security blanket for if we lose Pope in RFA as they are the same player.

                Lenny Walls will certainly be locked up long term.

                I think we will certainly draft multiple D-linemen early in this draft to develop for the future due to our lack of depth.

                Comment


                • When i was younger, i always wanted to watch the browns play. I guess this year I might get my wish. I am so glad we didnt get Jeff Garcia now.
                  RIP D-Will

                  Comment


                  • I don't get it, the Browns sucked and we were okay....so let's be more like the Browns?

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X