Adrian McPherson - Tremendous Pro Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adrian McPherson - Tremendous Pro Day

Adrian McPherson measured in at 6031/211 pounds, a little lighter than his combine weight. Starting off with the 40s, he significantly improved his combine time running a 4.51 with the wind and 4.53 against it on the school's grass field.

Touching the tape at 40.5 inches during his vertical jump, McPherson finished the timing part of his workout with an outstanding 6.78 seconds during the 3-cone drill. Consider this, the average for the cornerbacks at the combine was a 6.98 during the same test.

It was then on to the throwing session. McPherson's primary target today was Adam Herzing of the Detroit Lions, the leading receiver in NFL Europe last year.

McPherson threw 65 passes and was right on the money with just about all of them; his initial 30 tosses were dead on target. Later in the session McPherson beautifully placed a 70-yard deep out and was dead on with his fade passes in the end zone.

Quarterback coach Turk Schonert ran the second part of the throwing workout. To measure McPherson's true arm strength Schonert had him throw flat-footed with his toes on the line. The result was a pass which sailed through the air 72 yards.

The Jaguars, Dolphins, Giants and Saints were all on hand. In the coming weeks, McPherson will also be visiting with and working out for both the Ravens and Rams.

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
    Adrian McPherson measured in at 6031/211 pounds, a little lighter than his combine weight. Starting off with the 40s, he significantly improved his combine time running a 4.51 with the wind and 4.53 against it on the school's grass field.

Touching the tape at 40.5 inches during his vertical jump, McPherson finished the timing part of his workout with an outstanding 6.78 seconds during the 3-cone drill. Consider this, the average for the cornerbacks at the combine was a 6.98 during the same test.

It was then on to the throwing session. McPherson's primary target today was Adam Herzing of the Detroit Lions, the leading receiver in NFL Europe last year.

McPherson threw 65 passes and was right on the money with just about all of them; his initial 30 tosses were dead on target. Later in the session McPherson beautifully placed a 70-yard deep out and was dead on with his fade passes in the end zone.

Quarterback coach Turk Schonert ran the second part of the throwing workout. To measure McPherson's true arm strength Schonert had him throw flat-footed with his toes on the line. The result was a pass which sailed through the air 72 yards.

The Jaguars, Dolphins, Giants and Saints were all on hand. In the coming weeks, McPherson will also be visiting with and working out for both the Ravens and Rams.
    him an jason campbell are quietly becoming a big threat to smith and rodgers

Comment

I just jumped onto the Adrian McPherson bandwagon.
      A proponent of Denver drafting Cutler since 10/05.

So naturally, my Adopt-A-Bronco is Jay Cutler!

Comment

I think that I might like him more than I like Cambell now!
        visit the best website on earth

Critical Table

Comment

Originally posted by BulldogRed
          I think that I might like him more than I like Cambell now!
          i still like campbells mobility more, and the rest of there stats were even

Comment

What was Campbells 40 time!? Was it better than a 4.5?!?
            visit the best website on earth

Critical Table

Comment

I just don't think that with our current situation that we'll be drafting a qb. But if we do so be it.
              John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

One word.....WOW!

Comment

Originally posted by HORSEPOWER 56
                  One word.....WOW!
                  yeah, exactly! very impressive. he's just given a number of teams some hope.

Comment

He should be solidly in the top 15 picks of the 2nd round now, he's neck and neck with Jason Campbell and that means potential 1st round picks for Green Bay, and possibly even Denver as a darkhorse candidate.

Neither of them will get past pick 40 in the 2nd round as almost every team from 33-40 could use a QB.

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
                      He should be solidly in the top 15 picks of the 2nd round now, he's neck and neck with Jason Campbell and that means potential 1st round picks for Green Bay, and possibly even Denver as a darkhorse candidate.

Neither of them will get past pick 40 in the 2nd round as almost every team from 33-40 could use a QB.
                      So, I say we trade Pryce to the Browns (return the D-line favor) for their second rounder. That opens up huge possibilities.

Comment

The AFL taught him how to read and react quickly, something Jake doesnt have. I say we reach for him at 25.
                        Does it bother you that a Bronco fan might like a NON Bronco? Deal with it!

Making fun of career threatening accidents because you dont agree with me is fun, right? Losers...

Comment

Originally posted by KellenWinslow81
                          The AFL taught him how to read and react quickly, something Jake doesnt have. I say we reach for him at 25.
                          I actually like that idea. I feel that he would be deadly on that PA Rollout Waggle play. He has amazing accuracy(sp) and could be big inside the redzone and on the Waggle play to streaking TEs/WRs. Plus he has SOME of the mobility of Mike Vick which means he can keep the LBs honest on spys to bring them up to rush while the streaking TE/WR/RB can slip in were the LB was and come up with a big gain or a key first down.

Just my .02

Comment

I told ya'll that we should get him.
                            sigpic

Comment

man i loved this guy before any of this, I always thought of him as a second rounder hopefully our second rounder, if all this is true, which I believe it is this guy has done everything possible since being out of the NFL to be the best QB possible and it looks like he has. I dont know about the 25 pick for him unless it is necessary but if we can move up in the second rd and get him I would be ecstatic, everything he brings to the table I could even see the colts drafting him, to get him I think we trade our 1st round pick to the eagles for thier 2a pick (maimi's) and thier 2b or 3a and pick him with 2a becuase thier is no way he makes it past the Cards. plus there really is nothing at 25 i see us getting, maybe Brodney Pool, Heath Miller, some oft injured risky DL, another OT in three years, or a reach at receiver, i would rather have A-Mac over them.
                              he is a good fit for the system too though I believe. I

Comment

Working...
                              X