Adrian McPherson - Tremendous Pro Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think campbell is better

Jason campbell is a better prospect than adrian mcpherson in my IMO. One of the most accurate passers in college with the third best collegiate passer rating(61.8% completion). Also less of a risk considering mcpherson's off the field trouble al beit awhile ago. I see Campbell as the second or third QB this draft

Comment

Originally posted by ludo
      i still like campbells mobility more, and the rest of there stats were even

DID YOU SEE MCPHERSON DOMINATE THE ARENA LEAGUE THE GUY HAS PLENTY OF MOBILITY!!!!!!!!!! MORE THAN CAMBELL TRUST ME

Comment

If Campbell would have entered the draft last year he might have been a 7th round QB, the new offense installed at Auburn utilized his skills and made him look like the prospect he is now, he is a good QB but if you look at his stats from his junior year and earlier they don't compare to this year. Look at A-mac's stats as a sophmore before he was banned, he had an 8-1 TD-int ratio and somewhere in the 60% completion %. McPherson also had a much stronger combine in every area I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Dub-DeuceKnight
          If Campbell would have entered the draft last year he might have been a 7th round QB, the new offense installed at Auburn utilized his skills and made him look like the prospect he is now, he is a good QB but if you look at his stats from his junior year and earlier they don't compare to this year. Look at A-mac's stats as a sophmore before he was banned, he had an 8-1 TD-int ratio and somewhere in the 60% completion %. McPherson also had a much stronger combine in every area I think.
          That's why I wonder about Campbell. This was his only season that he really good numbers. Other qbs like Walters, Rogers, and Smith all had at least two solid college campaigns.
          John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Here's his negs......
            Negatives: Off-field problems might be behind him, but teams will be very cautious before deciding if he is worth the gamble … Relies more on his athletic ability than a knowledge for the game and is still doing it all on instincts alone … Can get rid of ball quickly most of the time, but tends to have a little bit of a windup when flushed out of the pocket and when throwing to his left … His accuracy seems to be better when he is on the move and on touch throws rather than in the pocket (tends to get impatient).

I see left-handed throws a-coming......

Gotta love her
            Originally Posted by NJBRONCOSFAN
            .... i wanted to offend nobody besides rushmore.
            Originally Posted by Alastor
            ......Intelligence isn't anything on wisdom or character

Comment

in response to McPherson's negatives... What source did you get the negatives from, i haven't seen one scouting report on him from his college and AFL combined, but those negatives to me are a good reason why the AFL was good for him, in the beginning he was that exact way, he always wanted to take off and everyone doubted his passing, even he seemed to doubt himself a litttle bit with his passing. He was forced to pass and in a shorter field it is much harder to find open recievers forcing him to be accurate, his passing got much better as the season went on, and he learned how to really take over a game and control the tempo.

Comment

In regards to McPherson as well has anyone read the ESPN article on him, it is a really good read and gives the impression his past is way behind him.
                Anyone else who read the article what are your thoughts?

Comment

I really hope we land one of those guys. I would love to get a QB that can be developed for two or three years.

Comment

Originally posted by kerkhoff1
                    DID YOU SEE MCPHERSON DOMINATE THE ARENA LEAGUE THE GUY HAS PLENTY OF MOBILITY!!!!!!!!!! MORE THAN CAMBELL TRUST ME
                    Two points to look at here. First he wasn't claiming that Campbell was more mobile. He was claiming Campbell was extremely accurate and that he doesnt' have the off the field problems of McPherson.

Second while the arena league has produced some decent players you also need to realize that they are playing against inferior talent and schemes so the good athletes appear even better than they are. You need to keep it in context while evaluating a player.

Comment

Originally posted by Dub-DeuceKnight
                      in response to McPherson's negatives... What source did you get the negatives from, i haven't seen one scouting report on him from his college and AFL combined, but those negatives to me are a good reason why the AFL was good for him, in the beginning he was that exact way, he always wanted to take off and everyone doubted his passing, even he seemed to doubt himself a litttle bit with his passing. He was forced to pass and in a shorter field it is much harder to find open recievers forcing him to be accurate, his passing got much better as the season went on, and he learned how to really take over a game and control the tempo.
                      Well, consider it a reality check, dub. It was after his AFL stint, I believe. You can check it out on nfl.com.
                      I just figured that with all the posi hype, he needed some neg hype to even things out.....though he'll never be drafted by denver anyway, so......

Gotta love her
                      Originally Posted by NJBRONCOSFAN
                      .... i wanted to offend nobody besides rushmore.
                      Originally Posted by Alastor
                      ......Intelligence isn't anything on wisdom or character

Comment

Everyone hold you horses let me straighten all of this out.

First of all, Cambell and McPherson are in two leagues of their own.

McPherson built in the "Michael Vick" style, Cambell in the "McNabb" style.

First lets start with Jason Cambell. At 6'4 223, he has good size for a QB. He has a powerful arm and fairely accurate. He has good mobility and is learning to hold onto the ball less. The knock on him is that he cant read defences well and has to refine is technique. Although a good scrambler he wont wow you with his speed (4.6 in 40 time whereas McNabb ran in 4.5 area). Many called him a one year wonder because of his sudden surge in his senior year. There is a reason for that however because he's had 4 different offensive coordinators and finally flourish this year when they installed a west coast offence. Theres no doubting that he can also play against tough competition because the SEC conference is fairely tough.

Next is Adrian McPherson. At 6'3 218 he has good size and can gain more weight. This guy has all the right tools to be a quarterback in the league. Great arm, good accuracy, excellent speed (4.52 40 time), and throws great on the run. Obviously the knock on him is his past problems, but honestly that isnt a big concern anymore. However teams will still question that. Right now though, he is getting by on pure talent alone and has to refine his game. Has not played against tough competition either. He is still very impatient with the ball and would rather move out of the pocket. He is much like Matt Jones; Someone with pure raw talent, but still refining the position.

Me, ive always been a Cambell fan as i watched many Auburn games, however Adrian is definately an intriguing player and will be gone by the 2-3 round.

Comment

Working...
                        X