Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is travis johnson looking like the obvious pick?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • is travis johnson looking like the obvious pick?

    we are looking pretty good at DE, espeically if we have a base 3-4 but what we really lack for the hybrid 4-3/3-4 is quality DT. at the moment we have warren and i know the staff are high on dorsett davis. pope and fatefai are also solid back-ups but i still feel we need 1 or 2 more players here.

    the only top DT in the draft is travis johnson who can stop the run, clog up the middle and collapse the pocket occasionally, maybe a 5-6 sack man who can play NT if required.

    he is not supposed to be drafted until cinci with #17 which we can trade up too with pryce, other draft picks, etc......

    remember the rumor that NO would trade #16 for #25 and pryce.

    #16 - NO
    #17 - BENGALS

    is this looking likely?

  • #2
    i still preach the word of keep pryce here

    thanx to TMHG

    Atwater makes the hit
    Woodson makes the pick
    Lott takes it back


    All for respect this is how the game should be played

    Comment


    • #3
      Travis Johnson does not fit because he would play NT. Which, Gerrard Warren is starting at with Fetafehi backing up. We need an Under Tackle with pass rush potential. Johnson is just a pocket collapser that can grab 5 sacks or so a year. Basically, a Marcus Spears, Gerrard Warren type.

      If we draft a NT in the first 2 rounds, that means Warren will not be resigned next season.


      BTW, NT is the (RDT) position in the 4-3 defense.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by HaroldWoods41SS
        i still preach the word of keep pryce here

        And play him where? C. Brown took his position.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
          Travis Johnson does not fit because he would play NT. Which, Gerrard Warren is starting at with Fetafehi backing up. We need an Under Tackle with pass rush potential. Johnson is just a pocket collapser that can grab 5 sacks or so a year. Basically, a Marcus Spears, Gerrard Warren type.

          If we draft a NT in the first 2 rounds, that means Warren will not be resigned next season.


          BTW, NT is the (RDT) position in the 4-3 defense.
          thanx for the heads-up

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by bronx_2003
            we are looking pretty good at DE, espeically if we have a base 3-4 but what we really lack for the hybrid 4-3/3-4 is quality DT. at the moment we have warren and i know the staff are high on dorsett davis. pope and fatefai are also solid back-ups but i still feel we need 1 or 2 more players here.

            the only top DT in the draft is travis johnson who can stop the run, clog up the middle and collapse the pocket occasionally, maybe a 5-6 sack man who can play NT if required.

            he is not supposed to be drafted until cinci with #17 which we can trade up too with pryce, other draft picks, etc......

            remember the rumor that NO would trade #16 for #25 and pryce.

            #16 - NO
            #17 - BENGALS

            is this looking likely?
            no, some people are really high on travis johnson, but i dont rate him that much, also i think that 2nd round DT guys can perform just as well as 1st rounders (um kris jenkins) but i think some teams a little higher up the draft are really high on travis johnson, so he'll be gone before then and as for 3-4, we aint really going to 3-4 because if we were, courtney brown would not really be a fit, one reason he was allowed to trade was because he didnt want to be a LB in 3-4
            Member of Warwick University American Football Team in UK
            http://www.warwickwolves.co.uk

            I adopt Erica Weston

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by dbdom
              no, some people are really high on travis johnson, but i dont rate him that much, also i think that 2nd round DT guys can perform just as well as 1st rounders (um kris jenkins) but i think some teams a little higher up the draft are really high on travis johnson, so he'll be gone before then and as for 3-4, we aint really going to 3-4 because if we were, courtney brown would not really be a fit, one reason he was allowed to trade was because he didnt want to be a LB in 3-4
              This is not right Db.

              C. Brown runs a 4.5 40, his short shuttle is 4.07. He is faster and quicker then most of the best LBs in the NFL. He will play OLB when we go to the 3-4 formation just like Willie McGinnest does for the Patriots. Meaning, Brown stays on the field the entire time basically and just roves between the defensive formations.

              Brown wanted to play OLB in Cleveland in the 3-4 as well.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
                This is not right Db.

                C. Brown runs a 4.5 40, his short shuttle is 4.07. He is faster and quicker then most of the best LBs in the NFL. He will play OLB when we go to the 3-4 formation just like Willie McGinnest does for the Patriots. Meaning, Brown stays on the field the entire time basically and just roves between the defensive formations.

                Brown wanted to play OLB in Cleveland in the 3-4 as well.
                Maybe Brown wants to play it but Crennel was quoted as saying he didn't think Brown could, and that was part of the reason he was released.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
                  Travis Johnson does not fit because he would play NT. Which, Gerrard Warren is starting at with Fetafehi backing up. We need an Under Tackle with pass rush potential. Johnson is just a pocket collapser that can grab 5 sacks or so a year. Basically, a Marcus Spears, Gerrard Warren type.

                  If we draft a NT in the first 2 rounds, that means Warren will not be resigned next season.


                  BTW, NT is the (RDT) position in the 4-3 defense.



                  i thought gerrard warren did not want to play NT in the 3-4 and shahan said he would play end in that formation...... but maybe im wrong

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Hey MUG, I need your expertise.

                    I have a simple question --- If we keep Pryce, or cut and re-sign him, could he be effective and productive if we use him as the pass rushing Tackle alongside Warren?

                    That would be a decent line if they can all stay healthy: Brown, Warren, Pryce and Ekuban.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by BroncoStampede
                      Hey MUG, I need your expertise.

                      I have a simple question --- If we keep Pryce, or cut and re-sign him, could he be effective and productive if we use him as the pass rushing Tackle alongside Warren?

                      That would be a decent line if they can all stay healthy: Brown, Warren, Pryce and Ekuban.

                      That would not be a decent line. That would be a fantastic line. They should be able to control the line of scrimmage, eat up blockers, collapse the pocket, and apply an outside rush.

                      I realize that health is a question. If they are all able to play, then they can more than get the job done. They have fantastic athleticism for D-linemen.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
                        And play him where? C. Brown took his position.

                        If we did keep Pryce he would start whether at LDE, RDE or even DT along side of Warren.
                        John 11: 25-27

                        My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



                        Thanks Snk16

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by TXBRONC
                          If we did keep Pryce he would start whether at LDE, RDE or even DT along side of Warren.
                          I don't think that Shanahan any longer sees it that way. I honestly think that for whatever reason Pryce will no longer play for the Broncos. I don't know if it is the recovery from injury, his performance the last three years, a combination of these factors, or something all together different. I think that he is as gone as yesterday. However, I would sure like to see him back.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Cugel
                            Maybe Brown wants to play it but Crennel was quoted as saying he didn't think Brown could, and that was part of the reason he was released.
                            Could you find that quote? I thought Brown was released just because he refused to take a pay cut, giving Cleveland the cap space they wanted.
                            A proponent of Denver drafting Cutler since 10/05.

                            So naturally, my Adopt-A-Bronco is Jay Cutler!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by PsychoChicken
                              Could you find that quote? I thought Brown was released just because he refused to take a pay cut, giving Cleveland the cap space they wanted.
                              Yeah, in fact, Pro Football Weekly reported that the offer the Browns gave Courtney was more lucrative than the Denver one, but Brown saw it as a better situation. I think Crennel was enamored with Brown's physical skills, but abhorred by his cap number. There is no question he wanted him back.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X