Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matt Jones at 25?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    What's so questionable about this guy? Jones played great as a WR in the senior bowl, had an outstanding combine as a WR/TE, and was a running QB in Arkansas which means he took a lot of shots from opposing defenses and came back for more - proving his durability. Is there anything else? He played in the SEC which IMO is the toughest conference in the NCAA. I think he'll do fine as a pro and will excel as a WR. Just an example - where would the Titans have been this past year without Drew Bennett? Probably 0-16. Converting from QB to WR is one of the easiest things you can do.

    Comment


    • #32
      Oh, and BTW, you don't make a guy with sub 4.40 speed play TE. This guy will be a dominate WR.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by HORSEPOWER 56
        Oh, and BTW, you don't make a guy with sub 4.40 speed play TE. This guy will be a dominate WR.
        He still a project, his coach experimented with him at different positions, but don't think by any stretch he's ready to just come in and right away play. I'm not saying he wont make it but I don't think he's going in first round because he learn new position first.

        Oh yeah I don't see anything wrong with him playing TE, with his size and speed if can learn the position he would present alot match problems for opposing defenses.
        John 11: 25-27

        My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



        Thanks Snk16

        Comment


        • #34
          You know what. Despite everyone who says he wont be picked in the first round. Im sure that ONE team will jump at the opportunity to pick him up, one team will reach and get him. And you know who would jump at that, and it would make me very angry.... The New England Patriots. THEY LOVE players who are versitile and are atheletes. Please, just dont let the Patriots pick him up. He is like their next Troy Brown, a guy who can do everything.

          Comment


          • #35
            i easaly say jones at 25 still but another reciever we could nab in the 2nd rd if we choose not to get jones in the first and he is gone in the 2nd is jerome mathis this is the 2nd coming of daunte hall excpet taller and faster and a better reciever although he needs work on his hands........the guy can and will score from anywhere on the field he is amazing to watch can flat out fly ran a 4.25 at hampton but at the combine he ran a 4.31

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by kerkhoff1
              Gates did play college ball that was it he didnt play football in only basketball number two i was right on the Vick time he ran a 3.37 40 in is first camp with the falcons and i never said he ran as fast as moss because moss is in the 4.2 something range and for the comment at the end about the white ordeal it wasn't racist in anyway towards white if any lets face it african americans are the dominat athletic people in pro sports i was just referring to its rare to see a white person with such athletic ability im really sorry if it offended anyone and did not mean it in the way you may have interpeted it and i take it back

              Sorry I don't want to get into a race discussion but what do you mean it is rare for a white person to have such athletic ability? I am sorry man but as far as I am concerned you don't know jack. One of the most gifted QBs of all time played here for a few years. You are confusing 40 times and cone drills for athleticism. There are alot of different components to athleticism and many players of different races have them. Are you telling me that Peyton Manning isn't one of the most gifted athletes in the game today? I think you should just stay away from this whole topic in the future. Even your apology shows your ignorance.... Please don't bring this up again. I think your comments will have more merit if you concern yourself with ability and don't consider race.

              As for the football merit to your post. Yes your are correct you were completely inaccurate in a lot of different areas. What a rough way to get started on this board.

              I won't bring this up again I just want you to realize that even your apology has hints of race tone to it. Just keep it out. I have been out here for a little over a year and one thing I am happy about is that this issue rarely comes up. Help keep it that way or get out!!!!!!

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by ttejuco
                You know what. Despite everyone who says he wont be picked in the first round. Im sure that ONE team will jump at the opportunity to pick him up, one team will reach and get him. And you know who would jump at that, and it would make me very angry.... The New England Patriots. THEY LOVE players who are versitile and are atheletes. Please, just dont let the Patriots pick him up. He is like their next Troy Brown, a guy who can do everything.
                When I first heard the possibility of drafting Jones @ 25, I thought it would be jumping the gun. However, after thinking a bit more about it, why is it strange? If Mike Williams (WR ex-USC) is slotted as a top 5 pick, why is Jones a 3rd rounder if he's bigger AND faster than Williams? Don't tell me Williams runs "good routes" because if you saw him play at USC, he uses his size to 1) shield defender from ball and/or 2) outjump his man. Same would hold true for Jones. I don't think it's a ridiculous or "wasted" pick. Guy could be something special....

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by kerkhoff1
                  i easaly say jones at 25 still but another reciever we could nab in the 2nd rd if we choose not to get jones in the first and he is gone in the 2nd is jerome mathis this is the 2nd coming of daunte hall excpet taller and faster and a better reciever although he needs work on his hands........the guy can and will score from anywhere on the field he is amazing to watch can flat out fly ran a 4.25 at hampton but at the combine he ran a 4.31
                  Intriguing, but I still feel we need a WR w/some size. If we pass on Jones at #25, Vincent Jackson (WR Northern Colorado) could be selected in 2nd or possibly in 3rd.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Sevenis7
                    When I first heard the possibility of drafting Jones @ 25, I thought it would be jumping the gun. However, after thinking a bit more about it, why is it strange? If Mike Williams (WR ex-USC) is slotted as a top 5 pick, why is Jones a 3rd rounder if he's bigger AND faster than Williams? Don't tell me Williams runs "good routes" because if you saw him play at USC, he uses his size to 1) shield defender from ball and/or 2) outjump his man. Same would hold true for Jones. I don't think it's a ridiculous or "wasted" pick. Guy could be something special....
                    I agree with this 100%
                    My Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      I like matt jones but i would rather take a roddy white or vincent jackson if he were gonna reach in the 1st round..

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Sevenis7
                        When I first heard the possibility of drafting Jones @ 25, I thought it would be jumping the gun. However, after thinking a bit more about it, why is it strange? If Mike Williams (WR ex-USC) is slotted as a top 5 pick, why is Jones a 3rd rounder if he's bigger AND faster than Williams? Don't tell me Williams runs "good routes" because if you saw him play at USC, he uses his size to 1) shield defender from ball and/or 2) outjump his man. Same would hold true for Jones. I don't think it's a ridiculous or "wasted" pick. Guy could be something special....
                        I have watched Williams and with kind of offense they run at USC I would have to disagree that he didn't run good routes. Also Williams is far more experienced at playing wide receiver. Imho anyway you slice it Jones going to take time to develop and most likely wont be able to contribute right away.
                        John 11: 25-27

                        My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



                        Thanks Snk16

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Height: 6-6¼
                          Weight: 242
                          40 time (hand-timed): 4.37 and 4.39
                          40 time (electronic): 4.40
                          Vertical jump: 39.5 inches
                          Standing broad jump: 10 feet, 9 inches

                          Cmon guys you dont just let those numbers go to waste.....THIS GUY IS A FREAK!

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X