Will Denver go RB in Draft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Denver go RB in Draft?

Denver sure has been busy in the off season acquiring D-linemen and I think that it is great. I have a feeling that now that the Broncos have multiple first day draft picks they might find a couple good RBs or even a WR. What do you guys think?

SIG BY Snk 16

I adopted #50 Ben Hamilton. GO O-LINE.

well of course we will draft a RB somewhere in the draft, and chances are, he'll probably end up being pretty darn good! thats just how it seems to work.... i aint complaining!

Comment

Originally posted by tcron1971
      Denver sure has been busy in the off season acquiring D-linemen and I think that it is great. I have a feeling that now that the Broncos have multiple first day draft picks they might find a couple good RBs or even a WR. What do you guys think?
      I'd be surprised if we don't draft a running back. But I'll also be surprised if we draft one on the first day. Tatum Bell appears ready to step into the starting role this year. We'll probably take a running back late in the draft that will be the typical Broncos style and will fill in nicely down the road if/when injuries occur.
      "You can't take the sky from me..."
      ------
      "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

We'll get one in the 6th-7th round, no higher.

Comment

i would love to get jj arrington. go bears!
          The following owe me from old CP bets: christian rocka, Dream, str8jacket, walker84, Watson81, AntiSteeler, TR3Y

Comment

Denver will not go running back until late 3rd or 4th round. Guarantee

Denver will not go running back until late third or 4th round.

They should still go with and interior D lineman or Safety with our first pick.
            Last edited by Emancipator; 03-31-2005, 12:39 AM.
            Emancipate your mind!
            The People's Poster

Comment

2nd day pick for RB's
              because anyone can step in and produce for us the 1000-yd rushing machine just keeps rolling
              Member of Warwick University American Football Team in UK
              http://www.warwickwolves.co.uk

I adopt Erica Weston

Comment

3rd round....Marion Barber....it would be too good to be true.

"OFTEN IMITATED NEVER DUPLICATED!"

"....knee injuries did something opposing defenses could not. Stop Terrell Davis."

"My Last game in a Cardinals uniform, I heard them say...."WE WANT JAKE.....WE WANT JAKE!!! and all the while I was thinking, "I want you too."- Jake Plummer

Comment

Originally posted by RebelSyxx
                  3rd round....Marion Barber....it would be too good to be true.
                  He'll be gone by the middle of the second, around the same time as J.J. Arrington.

I read on this site's combine blog that we did show some interest in Ray Hudson. I wouldn't mind him in the 7th, but I'd still prefer that we not draft a running back.
                  A proponent of Denver drafting Cutler since 10/05.

So naturally, my Adopt-A-Bronco is Jay Cutler!

Comment

Didnt we invest a 2nd round pick on Tatum Bell though? I dont see why he needs more competition, he's already got Quentin and Mike pushing him.

Comment

Originally posted by ttejuco
                      Didnt we invest a 2nd round pick on Tatum Bell though? I dont see why he needs more competition, he's already got Quentin and Mike pushing him.
                      he wont come in to push tatum for a job, but he will be there for te future and hopefully we can get a back taht can return kicks and play special teams

Comment

hey if he keeps faling and is there in the first round the broncos would be crazy no to draft benson from UT!!!! He would be a hell of a steal that low.

Comment

Originally posted by draeb
                          hey if he keeps faling and is there in the first round the broncos would be crazy no to draft benson from UT!!!! He would be a hell of a steal that low.
                          why? he'd be a waste of a first round pick. we have far more pressing needs than RB (like, almost every position on the team) and Benson isn't as good as everyone thinks he is. i've seen him play, a lot, and i don't think he's even worth a first round pick. don't get me wrong, he's a decent back, but well overrated.

Check out Goal Line Blitz

WINNER of Elevation INC's Pick Your 53 Challenge....Sig to come!

Comment

I think we'll take Ray Hudson in either the 6th or 7th Round. We love taking backs who's stock has dropped due to injury and Hudson fits that mold. There is the possibility that we could take a HB with one of our compensation picks, but I think we will wait until Day 2.

Comment

Has anyone ever noticed we never keep running backs for a very long time. TD stayed for a while but was plagued with injuries, everyone is getitng so hyped about Bell but mjore than likely he will be gone in two years and we will have another 1,000 running back.

Comment

Working...
                              X