Maurice Clarett.....Not Finished

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maurice Clarett.....Not Finished

I genuinely believe this guy has changed his attitude.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft0...ory?id=2026922

Read that article he dropped his 40 time considerably.

"OFTEN IMITATED NEVER DUPLICATED!"

"....knee injuries did something opposing defenses could not. Stop Terrell Davis."

"My Last game in a Cardinals uniform, I heard them say...."WE WANT JAKE.....WE WANT JAKE!!! and all the while I was thinking, "I want you too."- Jake Plummer

We'll know whether he has changed his attitude based on how he reacts when a team tries to put him at fullback.
    A proponent of Denver drafting Cutler since 10/05.

So naturally, my Adopt-A-Bronco is Jay Cutler!

Comment

so his fourty droped about a tenth of a second....big deal...

Comment

Originally posted by EddyMac87
        so his fourty droped about a tenth of a second....big deal...

i agree, he still is to slow for a rb, even at ohio state he was slow, i never saw anything special with this kid

i have no freakin clue why he was ever highly touted, i mena he barely played 3/4 of his frosh year, he is injury prone

Comment

He was just hyped because he's an idiot who thinks he's so great he can come out of High School and play. Tenth of a second isn't dropping considerably.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
          2. Taxes
          3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

Clarett had a terrible 40 time but to be fair how long of a layoff did this guy have? Wasn't it something like a year or so?
            John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

He was a great player on the field when he played. Speed was never his thing, power was. He's similar to Terrell Davis in many ways. Let's see how he does in the pros before we slam him. We could use a powerback to replace Mike Anderson in the near future, we could very well draft Clarett in the 6th round.

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
                He was a great player on the field when he played. Speed was never his thing, power was. He's similar to Terrell Davis in many ways. Let's see how he does in the pros before we slam him. We could use a powerback to replace Mike Anderson in the near future, we could very well draft Clarett in the 6th round.

Sounds good.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
                2. Taxes
                3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

sounds good to me as well

Comment

Umm guys.. The Broncos Scouts didn't even attend his workouts. We have no interest in this guy. Maurice has the makings out being just another Lawrence Phillips.

Comment

Umm guys.. The Broncos Scouts didn't even attend his workouts. We have no interest in this guy. Maurice has the makings of being just another Lawrence Phillips.

Comment

no lawrence Phillips was a first round pick. Grabbing Clarrett in the 6th is nothing like Lawrence in the first.
                        http://216.58.161.132/forums/showthread.php?p=497087#post497087

Above I will list all my predictions for the 2005 season.

Comment

Originally posted by rugbythug
                          no lawrence Phillips was a first round pick. Grabbing Clarrett in the 6th is nothing like Lawrence in the first.
                          Rugby.. I see what your saying. I'm just saying that Lawrence thought he was the sh*t and king of all football. Maurice has the same attitude. Clarett's workout was horrible. He ran a 4.6 the 1st time and a 4.7 the 2nd time in the 40 yard. The scout's were quoted as saying he looked tired and slow his entire workout.

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
                            Clarett excelled on the use of his uncanny vision and the ability to see holes forming before they were there. He was very patient and selective, similar to the way McAlister runs, but he lacks the Duece's speed and recieving ability. Like McAlister, he will have a lot of gains of zero to two yards, but will pick up large chunks because of his vision. That said, he is still facing an uphill battle to succeed in this league. He faces unrealistic expectations, severe scrutiny, and has a serious issue in dealing with early success or failure, due to his immaturity. Had his saga not began with so much hype, he likely would have entered the draft as a junior this year, and would be a first-second round selection. Unfortuneatly he lacked the support and leadership to stay on track.

By the way, Lawrence Phillips is a bad comparison, in that the option offense clouds the way running backs are evaluated for the pro game. Ahman Green made it, but many a talented running back have rolled through Lincoln, only to find the NFL game tough going, or not even calling at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypnotic
                              Umm guys.. The Broncos Scouts didn't even attend his workouts. We have no interest in this guy. Maurice has the makings out being just another Lawrence Phillips.
                              According to D.J. Williams and Tatum Bell, we had no interest in either of those guys. Apparently, our draft strategy is to show interest in some guys, but not show interest in the guys we want to draft. That way, teams don't move right in front of us and grab the prospects we want. So even though no Broncos scouts were at Clarett's workout, Shanahan and Sundquist might be closet fans of him.
                              A proponent of Denver drafting Cutler since 10/05.

So naturally, my Adopt-A-Bronco is Jay Cutler!

Comment

Working...
                              X