If the broncos are going to the 3-4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the broncos are going to the 3-4

If the broncos are going to the 3-4 I think they should try to move up in the draft and take derrick johnson from texas he would be a hell of a lb in that defense.

ya i agree but no where to go with gold and williams but i would galdly see gold and a 1st and a 3rd go to move up and take johnson one word PLAYMAKER

Comment

Originally posted by draeb
      If the broncos are going to the 3-4 I think they should try to move up in the draft and take derrick johnson from texas he would be a hell of a lb in that defense.
      Welcome to the boards, draeb. First of all, we've got an awesome linebacking corps as it is: Wilson, Williams, Gold, Pierce, Chukwurah, Sykes, and Burns. There isn't really a need to draft another linebacker, unless he can also play defensive end (I like Justin Tuck more than Demarcus Ware). Also, Derrick Johnson will probably be taken third overall by the Browns. It's completely impossible to get that high in the draft.
      A proponent of Denver drafting Cutler since 10/05.

So naturally, my Adopt-A-Bronco is Jay Cutler!

Comment

I dont think he will go that high and johnson is a better outside backer than anyone the broncos have. He has the potenial to be a derreick brooks you cant match his size 6'4 240-260 and speed he is flat out fast for his size. but you are right he probably will go way befor the broncos could touch him.

Comment

I dont think he will go that high and johnson is a better outside backer than anyone the broncos have. He has the potenial to be a derreick brooks you cant match his size 6'4 240-260 and speed he is flat out fast for his size. but you are right he probably will go way befor the broncos could touch him.
          I really don't see how he drops past the Browns at the third overall pick, because as you said, he is a great linebacker; one of the best college linebacker prospects in a while. Romeo Crennel is a defensive-minded coach and his linebacker corps isn't nearly good enough for the base 3-4 defense he will use next season. No way Crennel passes up Johnson, not even for Smith or Rodgers.
          A proponent of Denver drafting Cutler since 10/05.

So naturally, my Adopt-A-Bronco is Jay Cutler!

Comment

I don't think we could move up enough in the draft to get him. Also according to or defensive co-ordinator we will use a 3-4 only part of time, and where would we put him? We have Gold back on the weakside, Wilson in the middle and DJ on the strong side.
            John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

i dont know what it would take but it will be a hell of a lot to move from our 25th spot to a top5 pick, because that's where derrick johnson is projected, he is for real a great talent at OLB and is out of our reach, and we need to address positions of need, not strengthening a strength
              Member of Warwick University American Football Team in UK
              http://www.warwickwolves.co.uk

I adopt Erica Weston

Comment

Originally posted by dbdom
                i dont know what it would take but it will be a hell of a lot to move from our 25th spot to a top5 pick, because that's where derrick johnson is projected, he is for real a great talent at OLB and is out of our reach, and we need to address positions of need, not strengthening a strength
                It would probably take almost as much to get him as it would Mike Williams, which means we would have to give up most if not all or our picks.
                John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Working...
                X