Broncos 2005 Mock Draft In Your View

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos 2005 Mock Draft In Your View

For All the fans out there, if you were the General Manager of the Broncos. The only rules are you have to actually know the name of the draft pick and school, If you need the info go to: http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles.

The Rounds will include a compesation 1st round pick for Pryce.
    So the picks generate as if in the draft:

1st Round
    21: Aquired Pryce Trade Pick
    2nd Round
    3rd Round
    6th Round
    7th Round

See if you can actually get a few picks they choose!

So here is the best draft possibilities in my view

With the _ pick of the draft the Denver Broncos choose:

21: Ernest Shazor, Strong Safety, Michigan
    25: Ronald Bartell Jr., Cornerback, Howard
    56: Ryan Fitzpatrick, Quarterback, Harvard
    97: Rob Petitti, Offensive Tackle, Pittsburgh
    101: Lionel Gates, Halfback, Louisville
    200: Logan Mankins, Offensive Guard, Fresno State
    239: Vincent Jackson, Wide Receiver, Northern Colorado

Out of all the picks I believe Ryan Fitzpatrick would be the best pickup at Quarterback. Plummer is seasoned and a veteran, but Shanahan also needs to look at the future, and this kid if given the chance will be a great quarterback.

Comment

eh. thats ugly ^^^^^^^^^.

Comment

Originally posted by lancane

Out of all the picks I believe Ryan Fitzpatrick would be the best pickup at Quarterback. Plummer is seasoned and a veteran, but Shanahan also needs to look at the future, and this kid if given the chance will be a great quarterback.
        Couple of things...

For starters, Shazor does not merit a first round pick, nor does he have the necessary coverage skills to play as the type of safety we need...

Ryan Fitzpatrick in the second round? I can see Fitzpatrick in the seventh, but don't see how he improves this team, nor bring anything to the table that Mauck doesn't bring to the 3rd quarterback role. When drafting, you cannot let personal preference for certain players guide your draft, or you end up with reaches like these. I would be dissapointed to see this...

How is Rob Petitti's slow arse going to reach the second level in our zone blocking scheme? He is overweight, unathletic and lacks the necessary in-space skills to succeed in Denver...

Logan Mankins won't be there...

Vincent Jackson won't be there...

I normally wouldn't be this harsh, but since I just read your wannabe coaches/sunday beer drinkers comment in a previous thread, I though someone needed to knock you off your high horse.

P.S. There are people on these boards that do know what they are talking about, with comparitive knowledge the the football "analysts" you watch every Sunday.

Comment

Wow. Best mock draft I've ever seen. I think you will get everyone of them right!!!!

Comment

I can do even better! ALL of my picks will be from non Division 1-A schools. And better yet, I'll put good players day 2 and horrible players in the first round.

21: Chad Friehauf, QB, Colorado School of Mines
            He went undefeated in the regular season last year, so why the hell not?

25: Craig Ochs, QB, Montana
            Another QB, just for kicks. He went to Colorado for awhile, too.

56: John Paul Jones, DT, McNeese St.
            We need DTs, right? Jones would be great in my opinion because he has the same name as a member of Led Zeppelin.

97: Duvol Thompson, CB, Pennsylvania
            If you think CB is a position of need, here's a smart Ivy League player.

101: Chris Miller, P, Texas A&M Commerce
            I've never even heard of Texas A&M Commerce, but that's okay, because we need a punter.

200: Adrian McPherson, QB, AFL
            He's an excellent prospect on the rise, but based on your standards, I guess he'll be available here.

239: Vincent Jackson, WR, Northern Colorado
            I couldn't agree more.

Of my first day picks, I think Chris Miller will make the biggest impact since he can probably punt better than anyone else on the team. McPherson and Jackson will be cut in training camp.

A proponent of Denver drafting Cutler since 10/05.

So naturally, my Adopt-A-Bronco is Jay Cutler!

Comment

Originally posted by PsychoChicken
              I can do even better! ALL of my picks will be from non Division 1-A schools. And better yet, I'll put good players day 2 and horrible players in the first round.

21: Chad Friehauf, QB, Colorado School of Mines
              He went undefeated in the regular season last year, so why the hell not?

25: Craig Ochs, QB, Montana
              Another QB, just for kicks. He went to Colorado for awhile, too.

56: John Paul Jones, DT, McNeese St.
              We need DTs, right? Jones would be great in my opinion because he has the same name as a member of Led Zeppelin.

97: Duvol Thompson, CB, Pennsylvania
              If you think CB is a position of need, here's a smart Ivy League player.

101: Chris Miller, P, Texas A&M Commerce
              I've never even heard of Texas A&M Commerce, but that's okay, because we need a punter.

200: Adrian McPherson, QB, AFL
              He's an excellent prospect on the rise, but based on your standards, I guess he'll be available here.

239: Vincent Jackson, WR, Northern Colorado
              I couldn't agree more.

Of my first day picks, I think Chris Miller will make the biggest impact since he can probably punt better than anyone else on the team. McPherson and Jackson will be cut in training camp.

Finally, a draft I'd be happy with, hope Shanny gets your thoughts!

Comment

Working...
              X