No announcement yet.

What do you think of Fabian Washington?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think of Fabian Washington?

nfldraftcountdown says we should pick up this guy. He's the fastest person in the draft runnin a 4.25. Although he has the same size as Herndon he's so much faster and is a huge playmaker.

Your thoughts?

We got the browns whole d line in FA and we resigned Luther Elliss so i would love for us to take a DB with our first pick the go back and address our D Line with the second and third round of the draft! plus i really like washington!
    sigpic

Comment

He reminds me of Fred Smoot. I'll gladly take him.
      Does it bother you that a Bronco fan might like a NON Bronco? Deal with it!

Making fun of career threatening accidents because you dont agree with me is fun, right? Losers...

Comment

There is only one problem wiht this, does anyone remember shanny's luck with CBs in the 1st round (willie, deltha, i think troy james as well)?
        Texas Bronco Fan

Comment

Originally posted by Caliraiderhater
          We got the browns whole d line in FA and we resigned Luther Elliss so i would love for us to take a DB with our first pick the go back and address our D Line with the second and third round of the draft! plus i really like washington!
          I still think we need to go Dl in the 1st and then go after a CB or S in the second. I like Washington but the bigger issue right now is still DL. Elliss gives depth but we need an impact guy and this year is pretty deep at the DL position and it looks like a number of teams will be drafting offense so hopefully a DE will slide to us.

I agree we need to go after a DB but I would make it a second round selection. Maybe trade pryce to move up if another team wants him. I would hate to just release him.

Comment

Originally posted by eabort
            I still think we need to go Dl in the 1st and then go after a CB or S in the second. I like Washington but the bigger issue right now is still DL. Elliss gives depth but we need an impact guy and this year is pretty deep at the DL position and it looks like a number of teams will be drafting offense so hopefully a DE will slide to us.

I agree we need to go after a DB but I would make it a second round selection. Maybe trade pryce to move up if another team wants him. I would hate to just release him.
            Did you not see Roc Alexander in the playoffs?

Will you guys please stop the "depth" BS, we just traded for 3 D-Linemen. The biggest issue on D is 3rd corner now. Ferguson/Young/Brandon are suspect too.

Making fun of career threatening accidents because you dont agree with me is fun, right? Losers...

Comment

Originally posted by Champ4life
              There is only one problem wiht this, does anyone remember shanny's luck with CBs in the 1st round (willie, deltha, i think troy james as well)?
              Deltha = Pro Bowl
              Troy James = Pro Bowl

.....problem? Nah, theres nothing wrong with the players.... I think the problem is with the coach/manager of football operations....

Comment

Deltha was a great athlete and was a pretty good cb at times, but he coudltn handle the mental aspects of coverage and went for the big play too often. Fabian Washingon has seen his stock rise as far as anybody else in the draft, and despite his phenomenal workout at the combine, he is a relative unkown.

Zero Wing, the greatest Japanese to English translation ever...

Comment

Originally posted by KellenWinslow81
                  Did you not see Roc Alexander in the playoffs?

Will you guys please stop the "depth" BS, we just traded for 3 D-Linemen. The biggest issue on D is 3rd corner now. Ferguson/Young/Brandon are suspect too.
                  You have to be kidding me! Do you honestly like the status of our DL right now? It is improved but there are so many question marks with injury problems and motivational issues. We have strengthened the DL but it is still the weak part of the D. I agree we need CB and S help and I'm not content with our current DB situation but the glaring issue remains DL. I'm all for drafting a CB but I would rather see us go after one in the second or pursue Law if we can afford him. That's a big "IF".

Thanks for sharing your frustration!

Comment

I would love him, we need a corner because... Well... Lenny ain't a ball hawk.
                    sigpic

Comment

I still want us to draft a D lineman in the first round, but if we got a corner, i would want justin miller over fabian washington.

I like my defensive tackles like I like my women: well over 300 lbs.
                      ABWRFRC

Comment

Originally posted by PRBronco
                        I still want us to draft a D lineman in the first round, but if we got a corner, i would want justin miller over fabian washington.
                        I agree 100%!!! Miller's analysis:

Positives: Has a lean, but muscular frame with good arm definition, tight waist, good bubble and knotted calves … Has excellent timed speed and is fluid and light on his feet … Looks graceful working in space, showing fluid change of direction agility and very good acceleration coming out of his breaks … Tough competitor with a winning temperament … Shows good ball recognition skills and has no problems taking the plays from the board to the field (earned conference academic honors) … Can diagnose the play without hesitation and has good instincts locating the ball … Shows good plant-and-drive skills with a very good burst to close … Has the ability to close on receivers, showing quickness coming out of his breaks … Gets good elevation going up for the ball and has the hands and aggressive nature to take the ball away from receivers … Has good hip swivel and body control in transition, possessing a fluid backpedal … Shows good zone awareness and the speed to quickly cover ground, but could whip his head around quicker on turns … Can snatch or pluck the high throws and displays the ability to secure the ball away from the body's frame … Opens his hips properly and has the burst to stay with receivers on long routes … Despite a lack of ideal power, he can deliver crunching open-field tackles and is good at attacking the ball and causing fumbles.

Comment

Originally posted by eabort
                          I agree 100%!!! Miller's analysis:

Positives: Has a lean, but muscular frame with good arm definition, tight waist, good bubble and knotted calves … Has excellent timed speed and is fluid and light on his feet … Looks graceful working in space, showing fluid change of direction agility and very good acceleration coming out of his breaks … Tough competitor with a winning temperament … Shows good ball recognition skills and has no problems taking the plays from the board to the field (earned conference academic honors) … Can diagnose the play without hesitation and has good instincts locating the ball … Shows good plant-and-drive skills with a very good burst to close … Has the ability to close on receivers, showing quickness coming out of his breaks … Gets good elevation going up for the ball and has the hands and aggressive nature to take the ball away from receivers … Has good hip swivel and body control in transition, possessing a fluid backpedal … Shows good zone awareness and the speed to quickly cover ground, but could whip his head around quicker on turns … Can snatch or pluck the high throws and displays the ability to secure the ball away from the body's frame … Opens his hips properly and has the burst to stay with receivers on long routes … Despite a lack of ideal power, he can deliver crunching open-field tackles and is good at attacking the ball and causing fumbles.
                          Yeah what about his negatives huh?

Negatives: Showed marked improvement in 2004 after having a poor season as a tackler in 2003 … Makes a good effort to take the receivers and ball carriers down, but is more of a collision type tackler and lacks proper wrap-up technique … Quick to spot the ball, but will get a little over aggressive and this causes him to out-run the play … Does give good effort in run support, but is best making tackles on the move, as he lacks the strength and bulk to face up to blockers at the point of attack … Needs to use his hands better to shed … When he tries to fill the rush lane, he lacks the "sand in his pants" to take on the offensive linemen … When he goes low to make the tackle, he will usually miss … Good striker, but lunges at the opponent rather than get position before making the hit (will knock the ballcarrier back when he gets a good bead on him, though) … Has good man coverage skills, but needs to stay on the receiver's up-field shoulder on climbing drags and slants.

Remember one thing though, you cant teach speed, something Washington has. These two are very similar, Washington and Miller, but the nod goes to Washington just because he has more experience than Miller, and is alot faster. Washington is just about as fast as Bailey.

Comment

Originally posted by ttejuco
                            Yeah what about his negatives huh?

Negatives: Showed marked improvement in 2004 after having a poor season as a tackler in 2003 … Makes a good effort to take the receivers and ball carriers down, but is more of a collision type tackler and lacks proper wrap-up technique … Quick to spot the ball, but will get a little over aggressive and this causes him to out-run the play … Does give good effort in run support, but is best making tackles on the move, as he lacks the strength and bulk to face up to blockers at the point of attack … Needs to use his hands better to shed … When he tries to fill the rush lane, he lacks the "sand in his pants" to take on the offensive linemen … When he goes low to make the tackle, he will usually miss … Good striker, but lunges at the opponent rather than get position before making the hit (will knock the ballcarrier back when he gets a good bead on him, though) … Has good man coverage skills, but needs to stay on the receiver's up-field shoulder on climbing drags and slants.

Remember one thing though, you cant teach speed, something Washington has. These two are very similar, Washington and Miller, but the nod goes to Washington just because he has more experience than Miller, and is alot faster. Washington is just about as fast as Bailey.
                            Thanks for posting the negatives.

Here is Washington's analysis:
                            ANALYSIS

Positives: Smooth looking athlete with good instincts and linear speed … Shows adequate toughness and handles his assignments with good urgency … Has very good ability to change direction and shift gears while running … Can reel in the slack in a hurry, showing fluid hips and quickness in transition … Not fooled by play action and it does not take him long to digest the plays … Has the ability to plant with a quick burst to close and has that second gear needed to step in front of the wide receiver … Has good timed speed to trail receivers … Can mirror and adjust to receivers' movements and has adequate toughness to compete for the ball in the air … Has good overall coverage skills and can run with most receivers down field … Shows no problems flipping and turning his hips and is smooth in transition … Adequate in getting his head turned around … Not reluctant to fill the rush lanes, but lacks bulk … Shows good concentration to secure the interception … Has very good change-of-direction agility to get an early break on the ball.

Negatives: Has added bulk to his frame in the last year, but still does not have the size or strength to prevent bigger receivers from pushing him around through the routes … Needs to get more physical and aggressive in his play … Marginal tackler who will uncoil, but does a poor job of wrapping up … Does not use his hands with force to press and jam at the line and this lets receivers dictate the route process … Will step up to lend support vs. the run, but unless he gets a clear lane, he is quickly washed out of the play due to poor strength to take on the bigger blockers.

INJURY REPORT

2004 -- Missed more than half the Pittsburgh game because of a knee sprain.

AGILITY

4.48 in the 40-yard dash … 35-inch vertical jump … 310-pound bench press.

That 4.48 isn't quite as fast as miller's 4.43 and Miller is a return man which we need as well. Washington is a good player but Miller seems better and fills more positions.

Comment

Please no!!! I am a huge Husker fan, but I have seen Fabian get burned too many times to be a 1st rounder. Didn't anyone watch the wreck at Tech?
                              Go Huskers.

Comment

Working...
                              X