Broncos mock week 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos mock week 1

There are 3 weeks left until the draft. Each week I will make a new(hopefully better) mock. Here is week 1:

1. Jamaal Brown, OT Oklahoma

Jamaal is a top 15 talent and if he is there would be a steal for the Broncos. Matt Lepsis is a free agent next year and will probably leave meaning George Foster will have to fill in at LT. That means we need a RT this year to develop for next year. Jamaal can play at RG this year and start at RT next year. He may be big, but he still has quick feet, a must for any Bronco o-linemen.

2. JJ Arrington, RB California

The Broncos recently traded starting RB Reuben Droughns and now have a slight hole at RB. Obviously, RB is never a serious need for the Broncos, but as past years have shown, you can never have too many RB's. JJ's stock skyrocketed at the combine and is now a solid 2nd rounder. He is the exact prototype for a Bronco RB, great vision, ability to catch the ball, playmaker. He would back up Tatum Bell in his rookie season and who knows somewhere down the line become another Bronco 1000 yard back.

3a. Ernest Shazor, S Michigan

Ernest is a beast coming out of the secondary. His size makes him a bone crushing hitter and a great run supporter. The reason he falls is because his inability to cover and his lackluster 40 times. The Broncos lost Kenoy Kennedy to free agency and now have a void at the hard hitting-bad coverage safety position. Ernest will be a very good safety in the NFL if he can learn how to cover.

3b. Adrian McPherson, QB formerly of Florida St.

Adrian is making a late push to become the 3rd QB taken and very well might end up in the 2nd, but if he does fall to the Broncos, they better pounce on him. He would sit behind Plummer for a few years, and put some pressure on him to succeed.

6. Lorenzo Alexander, DT California

Lorezno is a smaller quicker DT than most. He was a 1st day prospect prior to this year where he was injured frequently. He would fill in nicely as a backup DT.

7. Brady Poppinga, DE/OLB BYU

Brady is just what we're looking for, a OLB/DE tweener . Some people would rather reach for a guy like Demarcus Ware in the 1st, but with the 3-4 only part of the time, a 3-4 OLB is not that big of a need. Poppinga can learn just in case we ever go full time to the 3-4.

Keep in mind this was made before we signed Ron Dayne.

Doesn't he look good?

Not so sure about that JJ arrington pick man. He's a good back and everything, but that's the most un broncoish thing i've ever seen.

I like my defensive tackles like I like my women: well over 300 lbs.
    ABWRFRC

Comment

He's the ideal Bronco back, he's quick, has great vision, and can catch out of the backfield.

Doesn't he look good?

Comment

Yea but we have Tatum:a quick,fast,shifty back and we got Dayne to pound anyhting in short....we dont need another runningback...that will just tempt him to trade tatum away......

WE SHOUILD KEEP PRYCE!!!

think of it

Pryce
        Warren
        Ellis
        Eukaban

that would be nice..
        Go Broncos, Lakers, Angels!

Comment

Originally posted by Broncosfan713
          3a. Ernest Shazor, S Michigan

The reason he falls is because his inability to cover and his lackluster 40 times. The Broncos lost Kenoy Kennedy to free agency and now have a void at the hard hitting-bad coverage safety position.
          Umm, ever heard of John Lynch? What we need is a cover safety, I like LeSeure, but Ferguson will start.

Comment

EMCF, the cover safeties in this draft are very weak. Having 2 hard hitting safeties isn't bad at all. I seem to remember that working in the past for the Broncos...

Doesn't he look good?

Comment

EMCF, the cover safeties in this draft are very weak. Having 2 hard hitting safeties isn't bad at all. I seem to remember that working in the past for the Broncos...
              it didnt work at all last year, most of the plays that look like champs fault, was because he had no coverage help at all from our saftys...

and who says we have to draft one...Ferguson will be a fine cover safty next to Lynch...and LeSuere should be great in the future...

Comment

Assuming we aren't playing a potent passing attack like the Colts or Chiefs...and now maybe the Raiduhs. Having a good coverage guy at free safety to complement Lynch at strong safety would be the smartest way to go.
                "You can't take the sky from me..."
                ------
                "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Oh, I also disagree that we'll take a running back in the 2nd or a quarterback in the 3rd.

Bell and Portis were only taken as high as they were because we didn't have a definite starter. Bell should be that starter this year so I really don't see the Broncos using a high pick on a running back. Probably in the 5th round or later.

Also, with Jake firmly entrenched for the next 3 - 5 years, it would be a waste of our 3rd rounder to take a QB. Mauck seems to be sitting favorably with the coaches as our developmental QB and no rookie is going to come in as our #2 QB so I doubt we'll even take a QB this year (very late if we do).
                  "You can't take the sky from me..."
                  ------
                  "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

I like your enthusiasm Broncosfan713 but I don't think Arington or Shazor will be there at those picks. If Arizona doesn't grab a RB in the first they are very interested in JJ for their second pick and Shazor looks like he'll go in the late second or early third before we pick. I would love to get Shazor though if he drops to us in the third.

I'm still in the camp of going
                    1. DL - Cody, Spears "IF" he drops, Roth
                    If all the top DL are gone and either CB - Miller or WR - Williamson are still there I would be down with grabbing either.
                    2. CB
                    3. OG
                    3. S

Comment

I appreciate the responses guys, I'll put them into thought when I make week 2.

Doesn't he look good?

Comment

Working...
                      X