is this the year we groom a QB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is this the year we groom a QB?

it looks like plummer has 3 years left with us (unless we renew the contract) and maybe this is the year to start grooming a new one. this might also provide an answer to the back-up QB position.

unless smith or rodgers fall to #25 (will not happen) then no one is worth a round 1 pick (we need DL anyway) so what about round 2? maybe trade up to get the 3 QB's that could be interesting.

1 - frye - could be the packers at #24 but should be there at top of 2nd
    2 - campbell - could be there when we pick in round 2
    3 - should be there with our round 2 pick but anyone's guess - interesting

I like jason campell,he has a good arm and can run a little,whick is good with all our PA roll outs..

Comment

i don't think so...while this is a good draft for 2nd-3rd round QB's, plummer is not that old..he'll be the QB for 4-5 more years...i don't think we need to draft a QB till maybe 2007...

Comment

I trule think Shanny's got an eye on Andrew Walter, the guy who broke all Plummer's school records who's a super-sleeper due to injury. Him and Plummer are very good friends and he's got outstanding size, a phenomenal arm, great intelligence, and is a film junkie. I think Plummer would love for Walter to come in and learn behind him.

Zero Wing, the greatest Japanese to English translation ever...

Comment

I think the Broncos really should pick up a QB in the 2nd round. Either Frye or Cambell, but id prefer the latter. He worked in a pro-style West Coast offence at Auburn and would work well with Denver.

Comment

It wouldn't hurt my feelings ifwe picked up adrian mchpherson with one of our third rounders (if he even lasts that long). The guy is sick, he might turn out to be the best QB of all the ones this year, but cuz the nfl is so freakin lame it seems like he's blacklisted.

I like my defensive tackles like I like my women: well over 300 lbs.
            ABWRFRC

Comment

I think that we start our groomin for 1, MAYBE 2 years
              Go Broncos, Lakers, Angels!

Comment

No way. The team is high enough on Matt to develop as the backup. If anything we would bring in a veteran backup. This team is not thinking about a solution for if and when Jake leaves. That is just too far down the road. You can't draft a guy that is going to be a number 1 QB some day and sit him on the bench for years. They need to get in by year 2 or the latest 3. Jake will still be around then, barring some unforseen incident, we need to solidify the backup position if we do anything at QB.

Comment

If guys like McPherson or Campbell are available in the third and we pass on them I'll be dissapointed. Both are just too physically gifted to let get away. We have more pressing issues early but one of the two third rounders should be spent on one or the other if they're still around. The only issue with McPherson are his off-field problems with Fla St. I think McP will be the steal of the draft and is a better QB than Rodgers or Smith. I watched him play at Fla St and he is extremely gifted. His off-field issues are a thing of the past and he has the talent and potential to be the next McNabb or Culpepper. How many current NFL players haven't had some off-field issues? Drugs/Steroids, domestic violence, child support/alimony? Is Jamal Lewis dumb for having a drug charge, yes - does this mean I wouldn't want him as a player - no.

Comment

Originally posted by PRBronco
                    It wouldn't hurt my feelings ifwe picked up adrian mchpherson with one of our third rounders (if he even lasts that long). The guy is sick, he might turn out to be the best QB of all the ones this year, but cuz the nfl is so freakin lame it seems like he's blacklisted.
                    Mike Shanahan will most likely place all his faith in BVP or Matt Mauck thats just the way he is, but anyway I agree PRBronco, if theres anyone in this draft thats worth taking a risk on, its definately McPherson!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PrimeTime
                      Mike Shanahan will most likely place all his faith in BVP or Matt Mauck thats just the way he is, but anyway I agree PRBronco, if theres anyone in this draft thats worth taking a risk on, its definately McPherson!
                      It will not be BVP. I don't see anyway he gets in the game. Mauck is a far superior talent.

Comment

All our Qbs are garbage. I want us to draft McPhearson/Campbell
                        Does it bother you that a Bronco fan might like a NON Bronco? Deal with it!

Making fun of career threatening accidents because you dont agree with me is fun, right? Losers...

Comment

Originally posted by myoung
                          It will not be BVP. I don't see anyway he gets in the game. Mauck is a far superior talent.
                          BVP could make for a great TE or a good safety, imo.

Gotta love her
                          Originally Posted by NJBRONCOSFAN
                          .... i wanted to offend nobody besides rushmore.
                          Originally Posted by Alastor
                          ......Intelligence isn't anything on wisdom or character

Comment

Q.B.'s

Like it or not, Jake is a great Q.B. who knows the Bronco system and should drastically improve now that he's been here for 2 yrs. With that said, I think it would be a waste to draft a Q.B. this year and have him wait 3 plus years should plummer's contract be renewed. But if the Broncos draft a Q.B. I would choose Campbell, he played excellent at Auburn. No matter what, the Broncos need a "backup" for Jake, everyone saw what happened to Atlanta's season 2 yrs. ago when Vick went down, and didn't have a Q.B. to step up, by the time Vick returned, the season was too late to save. I would hate to see that happen in Denver....... Either pick up a vet. now and draft one in a year or two or draft a Q.B. like Campbell and let him learn.
                            sigpic

Comment

Did I miss something did they cut Danny K. I thought he is as good a B/U was we need. for the next several years before Jake is in a walker.

Comment

Working...
                              X