Jamie Sharper!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diggs4
    He is a free agent...if we get ride of TP we will have the cap room to sign him.what would you guys think of AL Wilson and jamie sharper in the core of the 3-4?
    I think DJ would make a fantastic MLB in a 3-4. In fact he would probably be a bigger play maker at that position. This wouldn't make alot of sense. I think in the 3-4 you will see Brown drop back and be the other OLB. He will be the tweener that moves between the DE and OLB position. To do this he will drop 15-20 lbs which should also help with the injury problems and explosiveness. At least I think this is the plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Reichert113
      umm we are running a 3 - 4 its just nto gonna be our base defense. i dont know where ur thinking we arent running it? thats why we brought in the guy from the browns to help us run it. and jamie sharper might want to compete for a championship and he may be a missing piece to our puzzle
      True but he wants to start and Im sure if thered be any opportunity for him to do that here. Only in a 3-4 yes but what about the rest of the snaps.
      sigpic

Comment

i would love to see him in denver in a 3-4 with wilson gold and williams. if its possible i think we should go for it. our defence i believe would be pretty great. with the line we just picked up. i do think we should get rid of price though. to much coin to keep him
        Canadian broncos fan for life

Comment

umm we are running a 3 - 4 its just nto gonna be our base defense. i dont know where ur thinking we arent running it? thats why we brought in the guy from the browns to help us run it. and jamie sharper might want to compete for a championship and he may be a missing piece to our puzzle
          The Browns are switching to a 3-4 and didn't think those guys fit the system. The Texans didn't think Sharper was fast enough for their 3-4 defense so they cut him.

Why do any of you think that we would pick up players that weren't good enough for other teams' 3-4 defenses and then plan to plug them into the 3-4 on the Broncos and do well?
          "You can't take the sky from me..."
          ------
          "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

uhh

jami sharper didnt get cut cause he couldnt play the 3 - 4. he played in it last year and led the team in tackles. the texans cut him for financial reasons. also dj williams plays the weak side linebacker in our 4-3 which is very simular to a inside linebacker. therefore i think he could play inside in the 3 - 4 but the problem is i dont know if he is strong enough yet to shed blocks from guard that he will be lined up right over. the key is protecting ur best linebackers so they can roam around and make plays.

Comment

jami sharper didnt get cut cause he couldnt play the 3 - 4. he played in it last year and led the team in tackles. the texans cut him for financial reasons. also dj williams plays the weak side linebacker in our 4-3 which is very simular to a inside linebacker. therefore i think he could play inside in the 3 - 4 but the problem is i dont know if he is strong enough yet to shed blocks from guard that he will be lined up right over. the key is protecting ur best linebackers so they can roam around and make plays.
              I'm just going by what I've read:
              From NFL.com:

Sharper led Houston with 137 tackles in 2004 and also led the team in that category in 2002 but became expendable during an offseason in which the Texans are trying to add more speed to their 3-4 defense.
              I'm sure salary was part of it but why would this article (also on SI) state that Sharper wasn't fast enough for their 3-4 defense?

Regardless, the point is also valid about the Browns defensive linemen that we acquired. These guys were considered expendable in the 3-4 defense.
              "You can't take the sky from me..."
              ------
              "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by EMCF
                Jesus people, alright I'll make it simple.

Coyer himself said that the 3-4 will be used only occasionally, usually on passing downs. So to bring in another very expensive LB to only have him ride the pine for most of the games would be stupid. When we DO use the 3-4 now and then it will look like this:

Williams, Chukurwah, Wilson, Gold. Palepoi could also potentially be used in the 3-4 but considering Coyer said passing downs, I doubt it.

Amen brother what do these knot heads think?

Everyone in the power structure of the Borncos says 4-3 base D Mike, Pat, Coyer, TED. Some of these numbskulls, hear 3-4.

We build the entire DL for 4-3 and they want 3-4. We have some of the best LB's in the league on the team and they want MORE. WE can't play all of them NOW.

I got it, lets play a 1-6, what do you want to do Brown on the line, with DJ, Al, Gold, Terry, Sykes, Chuky as LB's.

Comment

Sharper would be nice and he would add alot of needed pressure but unless we are using him everydown ...it's really not worth it. Trying to get another good cover cornor would be nice ...since we lost herndon.

Comment

Working...
                  X