Denver Broncos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver Broncos

The Denver Broncos have made some incredible moves this offseason. I must say they have shut my mouth. I was critizing them hardcore for letting go of some key parts in the 2004 season. However even though I think the Broncos are doing a great job this offseason I believe there are a few moves that should be made. This is what I think the Broncos should do for their starting defense / offense.

Offense
    QB - Jake Plummer
    RB - Tatum Bell (Dayne isnt very good and Mike Anderson will be the back up)
    FB - Mike Anderson (give him the respect he deserves Kyle Johnson is very capable to start however)
    TE - Jeb Putizer
    WR - Rod Smith
    WR - Ashley Lelie
    OT - Greg Foster Matt Lepis
    OG - Ben Hamilton, Cooper Carlise (or try to resign Dan Neil for a low salary)
    C - Tom Nalen

Defense (4-3)
    DE - Courtney Brown, Euben Ekubar
    DT - Gerrard Warren, Mostanio Pope or Mario Fafhetii (depends on mini camp and preseason)
    MLB - Al Wilson
    WLB - DJ Williams
    SLB - Ian Gold (this may cause problems because Ian played weak side with the Broncos before he left for Tampa)
    SS - John Lynch ( put him back where he can play the run rather than roam centerfield)
    FS - Sam Brandon or Nick Ferguson ( I prefer Brandon cause of his ablity to run, but what I would love to see is the Broncos go out and draft a FS or pick up Eirc Brown from the Texans)
    CB - Champ Bailey, Lenny Walls (or use first rounder to get one of the many talented corners in this years draft)

Defense 3-4
    DE - Courtney Brown, Euben Ekubar
    DT - Gerrard Warren
    MLB - Jason Sykes (or sign free agent Jamie Sharper who is unbelieveable)
    MLB - Al Wilson
    WLB - DJ Williams
    SLB - Ian Gold (this may cause problems because Ian played weak side with the Broncos before he left for Tampa)
    SS - John Lynch ( put him back where he can play the run rather than roam centerfield)
    FS - Sam Brandon or Nick Ferguson
    CB - Champ Bailey, Lenny Walls

Obviously you can all see that I don't believe that Trevor Pryce is in the plans for the Broncos. We should trade him for another draft pick. The loss of his salary will help out dramtically. After we get rid of him I say we go out and resign Neil to a short term deal. If we have money left our next signing should be Eirc Brown. Then we should try to work out a deal with Jami Sharper to come to Denver. It's a long shot but if we do that then our draft will be much easier. We could go CB for the 1st round, 2nd QB 3rd OL 3rd DL and then maybe gamble on a RB and pick up something else we may need..

This is a mix of my opinions and what I believe the Broncos will do ..

1. Mike Anderson is a HB and wants to be a HB, will not convert to FB. This is IF he is on the roster come next season.

2. It's George Foster not Greg Foster.

3. I agree with your defensive line although I think Mike Myers will start rather than Fatafehi or Pope.

4. I agree with your linebackers.

5. I don't see the safety position being Nick Ferguson or Sam Brandon. I believe that Shanahan will draft a safety in the 1st or 2nd round in a few weeks, or he will convert LeSueur to a FS and have him and Ferguson compete for the job.
    sigpic

Comment

What the Broncos Brass Will Do in the Draft

Highly unlikeley they will draft in that fashion, although they are in position to trade up, or trade Trevor Pryce. What most likeley will hapen, is passing up on a good athlete that they need, and taking what they think is a good athlete that they don't need, that will get hurt or not pan out.
      [email protected]
      Velocity Sports Performance
      Dublin, CA

Comment

This is the second thread you've started that is titled "Denver Broncos." Obviously, if you're posting in this forum, it pertains to the Denver Broncos. The title "Denver Broncos" is really vague. So please, be a little more specific in your titles; it would help us know what kind of post we'll be reading.

By the way, look at your defensive tackle situation in 4-3. Is that really what you want? If not, how could you want a CB in round 1. A CB is definitely a possibility, but it does not fill a glaring need. In the 3-4, you don't really have a good rush end, unless you count Brown. I think Justin Tuck would fill that need if we were to trade up/down into the early second round.
        A proponent of Denver drafting Cutler since 10/05.

So naturally, my Adopt-A-Bronco is Jay Cutler!

Comment

Personally I think we don't need a DE anymore. There is some great potential in the draft but by us making those trades there is no need for us to even consider taking a dlineman unless its after the 1st 2 rounds. Lenny Walls is nothing but injury prone. He is unreliable right now. Therefore drafting a CB makes a lot of sense because it will either light a fire under Lenny or the draftee will win a starting job. Also in a 3 - 4 defense its the element of surprise that throws off the offense. Usint a 3 - 4 doesn't really mean rushing 3 more or less it just means the offense doesn't know where the 4th player is coming from. It can be Al Wilson, DJ Williams, Ian Gold, Jason Sykes (if he plays). So therefore u don't need a dominating pass rusher in the 3 - 4 scheme. In a 4 -3 thats a different story because the offense knows who is coming unless there is a blitz. So I say get a CB and then maybe in the 3rd rond take a DL. All of our other draft picks should be focused on offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Reichert113
            Personally I think we don't need a DE anymore. There is some great potential in the draft but by us making those trades there is no need for us to even consider taking a dlineman unless its after the 1st 2 rounds.
            Completely untrue. There is definitely a need to draft defensive line. Again, look at both situations you have for DL. Neither look very good. You have no pass rushing DT in the 4-3 and no rush end in the 3-4. We also have very little depth at defensive end. We could use the great potential in the draft to add depth and make an immediate impact by collapsing the pocket and pressuring the QB.
            Lenny Walls is nothing but injury prone. He is unreliable right now. Therefore drafting a CB makes a lot of sense because it will either light a fire under Lenny or the draftee will win a starting job.
            Walls has not had injury problems in the past. His shoulder injury is not a recurring injury that will bother him in the future unless someone ties his body to a tree and attaches his arm to a pick-up truck with a large towing capacity. But that would be pretty cruel. Walls has proven he is capable of starting. As Coyer said, he is really fast. His size is obviously an advantage. And last I remember, he did a pretty good job against Randy Moss. (Not counting the last play in the first half in that 2003 game, since they were in the prevent defense) We also have pretty good depth at CB with Middlebrooks, Shoate, and Alexander. I would definitely consider drafting a CB in the third round, but not in the first.
            Also in a 3 - 4 defense its the element of surprise that throws off the offense. Usint a 3 - 4 doesn't really mean rushing 3 more or less it just means the offense doesn't know where the 4th player is coming from. It can be Al Wilson, DJ Williams, Ian Gold, Jason Sykes (if he plays). So therefore u don't need a dominating pass rusher in the 3 - 4 scheme.
            We're not using the base 3-4 defense that you hear about whenever you watch the Houston Texans play. We are using the New England version, which is essentially a 4-3, only you've got a defensive end standing up half the time, which makes him a linebacker. In that case, you do need a dominating pass rusher. Courtney Brown might do alright at that spot, but I'd rather see Justin Tuck do it. Demarcus Ware, at the very least, would suffice should Brown get hurt.
            So I say get a CB and then maybe in the 3rd rond take a DL. All of our other draft picks should be focused on offense.
            Get defensive linemen with at least two first day picks, with one of them being the first rounder. A safety or cornerback would be nice, just not in the first. By offense, I hope you only mean offensive line and wide receiver. We're pretty good everywhere else. And frankly, wide receiver isn't that big of a need itself.
            A proponent of Denver drafting Cutler since 10/05.

So naturally, my Adopt-A-Bronco is Jay Cutler!

Comment

if we resign marco coleman then we have a large # of De's and ekuban is a good pass ruser. he had 8.5 sacks last year which was very simular to reggie hayward before he had his break out year. i understand what u are saying about the 3 -4 and i nkow its not going to be our base defense. ekuban has the potential to be a good pass rusher and so does courtney brown. lenny walls is highly overrated in my book. what has he done during his stint in the nfl? little to nothing. hes going to be good i hope but he isnt there yet. we will see how good he is. with our 3 - 4 i believe we can get by with the dlineman we have and then run a rotation for the dt's. we can use fafheti, pope, warren and ellis in a rotation depending on down and distance

Comment

Working...
              X