• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pryce, chiefs and raiders

if this is true, then we've put ourselves in a bad position

from profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

CHIEFS, RAIDERS WOULD POUNCE ON PRYCE

In response to our Saturday story regarding the Broncos' unwillingness to put defensive end Trevor Pryce on the open market because another AFC West team might snatch him up, we've heard that two of Denver's rivals -- the Raiders and Chiefs -- would indeed pounce on Pryce if he were to be released.

The Raiders would need to move cornerback Charles Woodson, we're told, before Oakland could make a run at Pryce. With less than $500,000 in cap room and more than $10 million tied up in Woodson's franchise tender, the Raiders' hands are tied, for now.

The Chiefs, we hear, are holding a spot for Pryce across from Jared Allen. Plus, with eight picks on day two of the draft, we're told that the Chiefs could be hoping to work out a back-door deal, with another team initially acquiring Pryce and then shipping him to the Chiefs.

We've yet to research the specific rules in this regard, but we're not aware of any provision that would prevent the Broncos from placing a term in the initial trade that would require the team who acquires Pryce to pony up extra value if the team were then to ship Pryce to another team within a specific time period. Trades often contain conditions that result in further compensation based on the player's performance; it seems, then, that a team like the Broncos could also insert a poison pill that would, as a practical matter, prevent a straw party from turning around and sending Pryce to the Chiefs, Raiders, or Chargers.

Pryce

I dont care who gets Pryce as long as we get a good player filling a position thats needs a good starter or depth (WR, CORNER, TE). The Broncos have a strong roster already going into the draft, by the time the season rolls around, we should be ready, with the O-line we have, and the success of any runningback that the Broncos choose, I would be happy to see the Raiders or the Chiefs to waste or fill up their Cap Room on a player like pryce!!! (It would be neat to see the Raiders drop Woodson for Pryce, certinly would help the recieving corp!!!)
    Pryce is injury prone and getting slower and older, I hope the Broncos dump him off soon with a decent return instead of losing him to the free agency where we gain nothing.
    sigpic

Comment

Wow....all we can really do is hope this is true. I could care less if Tp goes to the raiders. In fact....not seeing woodson there is great news. As 4 the cheifs ...i don't like the idea of him going there but as long as someone is getting screwed and it's the chiefs i'll be h-a-p-p-y.

However, i hear that we might return him to DT and use him in 4-3.

Comment

Originally posted by hardcorebronco
        Pryce is injury prone and getting slower and older, I hope the Broncos dump him off soon with a decent return instead of losing him to the free agency where we gain nothing.
        He's hurt FOR ONE SEASON, and now he's injury prone?

Gotta love her
        Originally Posted by NJBRONCOSFAN
        .... i wanted to offend nobody besides rushmore.
        Originally Posted by Alastor
        ......Intelligence isn't anything on wisdom or character

Comment

Originally posted by MtRushmore
          He's hurt FOR ONE SEASON, and now he's injury prone?
          No kidding! Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Pryce up until last season had ever had injury issues of any kind.
          John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by BOBBLEHEAD
            Wow....all we can really do is hope this is true. I could care less if Tp goes to the raiders. In fact....not seeing woodson there is great news. As 4 the cheifs ...i don't like the idea of him going there but as long as someone is getting screwed and it's the chiefs i'll be h-a-p-p-y.

However, i hear that we might return him to DT and use him in 4-3.
            An article on the home page says he would play DE as does articles in the Denver Post and the Rocky Mountain News.
            John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Man, Pryce goes down for a season and people tag him as "injury prone." Tough crowd! It sounds like a "what are you doing for me... right now!" mentality.

I'm glad we're reworking his contract and I'm excited to see him return. Pryce has shown a lot of character through his comments on Monday and by working out with the team.

He's a stud and one of the few DL that we've drafted and groomed into a Pro-bowler. He has been faithful to Denver and IMO we should be faithful to him. This doesn't mean we pay him forever or we mortgage the farm. It does however mean that we give the guy opportunities to return and show his stuff. He has at least earned that much respect.

Three cheers to Pryce!!!!!

Comment

For real...someone hoping we dump Pryce, and banking on four BUMS from the Browns. I've heard it all. If he goes to Oak or KC...he'd make a point of busting up that offensive line...which by the way is more injury prone and aging than Pryce. Who you want blocking him...Lepsis...Foster?

Wake up and smell reality. Oh, and since Pryce is so washed up, and the Brown's D-line that was 32nd against the run is so great...let's hope they bring their A-game when Portis comes back to settle the score.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefSurgeon
                  For real...someone hoping we dump Pryce, and banking on four BUMS from the Browns. I've heard it all. If he goes to Oak or KC...he'd make a point of busting up that offensive line...which by the way is more injury prone and aging than Pryce. Who you want blocking him...Lepsis...Foster?

Wake up and smell reality. Oh, and since Pryce is so washed up, and the Brown's D-line that was 32nd against the run is so great...let's hope they bring their A-game when Portis comes back to settle the score.

Lepsis could handle pryce ...he handled Dwight Freeney in the playoffs....and he's a handful.

Portis is going to get 95 yrds tops ...unless the can pick up a better fullback by that time. So that's not really settling the score.

Comment

Per Pryce being a CHIEF

Rest at ease Donkey fanz....

EARLIER IN THIS THREAD SOMEONE POSTED: The Chiefs, we hear, are holding a spot for Pryce across from Jared Allen. Plus, with eight picks on day two of the draft, we're told that the Chiefs could be hoping to work out a back-door deal, with another team initially acquiring Pryce and then shipping him to the Chiefs.

TOTALLY FALSE! CHIEFS just traded/signed Carlos Hall (DE) from the Titans to be a back-up to Hicks and Jared Allen. Next will be Patrick Surtain (2 time Pro-Bowl CB) once the deals are finalized (draft picks for this year and next, etc.).

NOT ONCE have I seen anything (in KC news/forums/etc.) pointing to the CHIEFS going after Pryce...

Comment

Working...
                    X