Drafting for Offense?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drafting for Offense?

With all the signings we have on the D-line and Trevor Pryce possibly staying, I think offense is in the mix for Denver

"OFTEN IMITATED NEVER DUPLICATED!"

"....knee injuries did something opposing defenses could not. Stop Terrell Davis."

"My Last game in a Cardinals uniform, I heard them say...."WE WANT JAKE.....WE WANT JAKE!!! and all the while I was thinking, "I want you too."- Jake Plummer

Originally posted by RebelSyxx
    With all the signings we have on the D-line and Trevor Pryce possibly staying, I think offense is in the mix for Denver
    If pryce stays I think it just opens the door to draft the best player available. It does take some of the urgency out of drafting DL.

It will all depend on who's still on the board. Still a lot of time before the draft!

Comment

Originally posted by eabort
      If pryce stays I think it just opens the door to draft the best player available. It does take some of the urgency out of drafting DL.

It will all depend on who's still on the board. Still a lot of time before the draft!
      I would still want us to take a D lineman in the first, but thenwe could look at, say, evan mathis in the second, that would be sweet.

I like my defensive tackles like I like my women: well over 300 lbs.
      ABWRFRC

Comment

Dont be surprised if Shanny takes a cornerback in the first round, but my money is that if Troy Williamson drops that far, he's a Bronco for sure. I highly doubt he will drop to 25 though.

Comment

Pryce re-working his contract means we save a draft pick. So if we have Pryce at down at a good contract number, we'll be able to draft a young safety or corner in the first round instead of a d-line man who needs more time to develop at the NFL level.

Comment

I agree that they'll go with the best player available, but Id really like to see them bring in a stud WRs to to learn from Rod Smith and Ashley Lelie!
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X