Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cory Simon

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cory Simon

    ESPN is reporting that the Ravens and Eagles were talking about a swap for Cory Simon. The Eagles wanted multiple draft picks and the Ravens balked because Simon only has one year left on his deal. They could not reach a long term agreement with him.

    This is the guy I would like. I think we should trade our 2nd this year and a 2nd next year for him and lock him up. Alternatively we could give up the 1st rounder this year and a third next year.

    Just a thought but I think we could sign this guy with some up front money to minimize the cap hit this year.

    Your thoughts????

  • #2
    I think Luis Castillo will be an exact replica of Corey Simon and will be much cheaper. If we want this type of player, we should just draft him.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
      I think Luis Castillo will be an exact replica of Corey Simon and will be much cheaper. If we want this type of player, we should just draft him.
      I am not so sure. Simon is a young proven player that we would not have to wait on to develop. Additionally we know what we are getting. There is always a pretty big risk factor in the draft.

      Castillo is a workout warrior but I don't think his production in college is on par with his workout stats. I do like him though. I just happen to be a Simon fan and think he is worth the price.

      Comment


      • #4
        ya'll people are loco ... we need to get a cb in the draft with the #1 pick someone like Carlos rogers will fall to us

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by tennbroncofan7
          ya'll people are loco ... we need to get a cb in the draft with the #1 pick someone like Carlos rogers will fall to us
          This is discussed over and over again in other threads. With our history of drafting CBs I sure hope we dont invest another first round pick in one.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by tennbroncofan7
            ya'll people are loco ... we need to get a cb in the draft with the #1 pick someone like Carlos rogers will fall to us
            why would we draft a CB? if your reason is that we need a CB to cover opposite champ because we play raiders twice a year is flawed because you expect a rookie straight out of college to cover jerry porter? as we've seen rookie CB's dont just step in and play to a very high level

            i still think we should at draft DL just because we need the insurance in case some guys walk after this season
            Member of Warwick University American Football Team in UK
            http://www.warwickwolves.co.uk

            I adopt Erica Weston

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by tennbroncofan7
              ya'll people are loco ... we need to get a cb in the draft with the #1 pick someone like Carlos rogers will fall to us

              IF Carlos Rogers falls to us this would be a good choice. I don't think he will because he's in the Antrel Rolle and Pac Man category and will go top 20. Maybe KC or Dallas.

              I agree we should go top DL available. Maybe Shaun Cody, Matt Roth, or T. Johnson. Johnson looks like he'll go to Cincy though.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by dbdom
                why would we draft a CB? if your reason is that we need a CB to cover opposite champ because we play raiders twice a year is flawed because you expect a rookie straight out of college to cover jerry porter? as we've seen rookie CB's dont just step in and play to a very high level

                i still think we should at draft DL just because we need the insurance in case some guys walk after this season
                we play the raider twice a year is actually why we need another cb!!!!! And you also provided my point in why we should bring in Ty Law he is a vet that would shut Porter down! Make him a package and lets just see! if we don't get another good corner we will be pickin in the top ten next year! look at the teams in the afc
                just look at how many pts the colts have scored on us the last 2 years

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by tennbroncofan7
                  we play the raider twice a year is actually why we need another cb!!!!! And you also provided my point in why we should bring in Ty Law he is a vet that would shut Porter down! Make him a package and lets just see! if we don't get another good corner we will be pickin in the top ten next year! look at the teams in the afc
                  just look at how many pts the colts have scored on us the last 2 years
                  Every CB in the league last year got burned. You are not going to get a shutdown corner in the NFL anymore. Take a look at it, everybody got burned. It is more of the new rules than anything.

                  The best solution is to upgrade the pass rush rather than have great corners with no pass rush. The pass rush has to come from the front 4 guys and not having to blitz everyone. We have to throw too many guys at the rush to get any effect and it leaves these guys out on an island way to much. Every corner will fail if the WRs have enough time to get open. I think your logic is severaly flawed because all the big corners had some bad times last year. Champ was all pro and he had a few rough games.

                  the Pats have beaten the Colts and others because they can get a rush without investing half the D. They can then still run zones over the top and double coverage for players. They have a ton of flexibility because their front guys get to the QB.

                  We will not pick top 10 next year.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    tell me this who will match up with the Raiders WR other than champ???? Who we don't even have safeties that can cover T.E.!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by tennbroncofan7
                      tell me this who will match up with the Raiders WR other than champ???? Who we don't even have safeties that can cover T.E.!
                      I agree with you on the cover safety issue. I think we need an answer there. I don't like Ferguson long term but I think he could be a decent for a short time.

                      Walls will go opposite of Champ. Middlebrooks will be the nickel (he was having his best year before the injury). We will then have LeSuer, Shoate, and Alexander to fill in as necessary. Walls is very well respected by many teams around the league. I think you are underestimating him if you feel that Herndon to Walls is a huge dropoff. Our org and almost everyone else in the league have Walls rated much higher than Herndon. This is why he got the 1st round tender and Herndon did not. We actually have decent depth at CB when compared to other positions on the team. We could certainly address the CB situation but not in the 1st round. The only way we do this would be if one of the big three fell to us; which they won't.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by myoung
                        I agree with you on the cover safety issue. I think we need an answer there. I don't like Ferguson long term but I think he could be a decent for a short time.

                        Walls will go opposite of Champ. Middlebrooks will be the nickel (he was having his best year before the injury). We will then have LeSuer, Shoate, and Alexander to fill in as necessary. Walls is very well respected by many teams around the league. I think you are underestimating him if you feel that Herndon to Walls is a huge dropoff. Our org and almost everyone else in the league have Walls rated much higher than Herndon. This is why he got the 1st round tender and Herndon did not. We actually have decent depth at CB when compared to other positions on the team. We could certainly address the CB situation but not in the 1st round. The only way we do this would be if one of the big three fell to us; which they won't.
                        I agree. DL and OL are much bigger need areas than CB. A top WR if one were to fall would be another area Shanahan would look at. But just about anything but LB, RB or QB is possible in the 1st round.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          We're drafting secondary whether it's S or CB. All our movement in FA has pointed to us picking secondary, we took care of d-line and let some secondary guys go with out a fuss.
                          BRONCOS fan is in my blood!
                          IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/vannote/cutlersig.jpg[/IMG]

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by bornbroncofan
                            We're drafting secondary whether it's S or CB. All our movement in FA has pointed to us picking secondary, we took care of d-line and let some secondary guys go with out a fuss.
                            We had to make those secondary choices due to cost. We had to choose between Walls and Herndon because we couldn't give them both first round money. So now you think it makes sense that we would draft a guy and give him first round money? This is flawed logic in your thinking. The very reason we let Herndon go was because we already have too much money tied up in the CB position. So why would we go spend the money anyway?

                            I could see us drafting a safety, I just don't think this will happen in the first round.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              why doesnt denver trade away its two second rounders next year and this year to lock up a proven "under tackle" that would be a sick line with warren simon pryce and brown with quality depth and use the first rounder on a position of need ?
                              The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                              While he sits by his hearth at home.
                              Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                              That he knows nothing at all.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X