• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Round Draft direction

Thomas Davis, Georgia, S
    Justin Miller, Clemson, CB
    Fabian Washington, Nebraska, CB
    Marlin Jackson CB, Michigan

I would love to see Denver draft Justin Miller of Clemson, not only is he a good corner, but he also returns punts.
    Bronco Pride is more than skin deep, it's to the bone.

Originally posted by BroncoPhoenix
    Thomas Davis, Georgia, S
    Justin Miller, Clemson, CB
    Fabian Washington, Nebraska, CB
    Marlin Jackson CB, Michigan

I would love to see Denver draft Justin Miller of Clemson, not only is he a good corner, but he also returns punts.
    Have to agree, if Trevor comes back, then CB would be next on the list I would think.
    Everyone is a Bronco fan at heart !

Comment

Originally posted by TD30
      Have to agree, if Trevor comes back, then CB would be next on the list I would think.
      I agree, we need more quality there, all we have behind our starters is potential. Middlebrooks played decent until he got hurt. At this point he is not totally dependable, and if we do not sign another corner we will be screwed if he or Walls goes down. It would be like the playoff game with Indy every game, minus Herndon which means Roc would start.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoStampede
        I agree, we need more quality there, all we have behind our starters is potential. Middlebrooks played decent until he got hurt. At this point he is not totally dependable, and if we do not sign another corner we will be screwed if he or Walls goes down. It would be the playoff game with Indy, minus Herndon which means Roc would start.
        And we all know how that turned out... OUCH !!!
        Everyone is a Bronco fan at heart !

Comment

Originally posted by TD30
          And we all know how that turned out... OUCH !!!
          every game teams would keep throwing on Roc all day...I dont wanna watch us get killed all season.

Comment

I agree, we need more quality there, all we have behind our starters is potential. Middlebrooks played decent until he got hurt. At this point he is not totally dependable, and if we do not sign another corner we will be screwed if he or Walls goes down. It would be like the playoff game with Indy every game, minus Herndon which means Roc would start.
            It didnt help any that we didn't have a pass rush tho either. I think after these last signings to our d-line we will have more of a pass rush this year to help out our cb's. People r going to see a big diff from our cb's play last year to this year for that reason.

Plus we all know how denver does at drafting cb's(Middlebrooks, O'neal). And coming from a Nebraska fan i will pick up my tv and throw it if denver drafts Fabian Washington. The guy got physically dominated all year last year by bigger receivers. He is only 5'10" Lenny Walls is 6'5".

If nobody beleives me watch the Nebraska vs. Texas Tech game

Comment

Originally posted by oldustyballs
              It didnt help any that we didn't have a pass rush tho either. I think after these last signings to our d-line we will have more of a pass rush this year to help out our cb's. People r going to see a big diff from our cb's play last year to this year for that reason.

Plus we all know how denver does at drafting cb's(Middlebrooks, O'neal). And coming from a Nebraska fan i will pick up my tv and throw it if denver drafts Fabian Washington. The guy got physically dominated all year last year by bigger receivers. He is only 5'10" Lenny Walls is 6'5".

He isn't a big guy, but he would be a nice fit at nickle. Better than Middlebrooks at least.

Also, Walls is 6'4, not 6'5.

Comment

How do you think he would do on the Broncos if they picked him?

Comment

Originally posted by EMCF
                  He isn't a big guy, but he would be a nice fit at nickle. Better than Middlebrooks at least.

Also, Walls is 6'4, not 6'5.
                  He would be a nice fit at nickle. Definatly better than middlebrooks, but thats not worth a first round pick. Maybe if he was used as a PR/KR because of his speed, but i still do not think he is worth a first round pick.

And my bad about walls i was just trying to emphasize the size diff since the majority of the receivers in the nfl now r over 6'.

Comment

He would be a nice fit at nickle. Definatly better than middlebrooks, but thats not worth a first round pick. Maybe if he was used as a PR/KR because of his speed, but i still do not think he is worth a first round pick.

And my bad about walls i was just trying to emphasize the size diff since the majority of the receivers in the nfl now r over 6'.
                    I would love to have him drop to us in the second round, him or Matt Jones, I'm starting to get crazy over that guy. His upside is endless.

Comment

How do you think he would do on the Broncos if they picked him?
                      It's tough to say all I can tell u is how he played for Nebraska and he got outplayed by every receiver he went against with any height advantage.

And since now we have to play Moss and Porter twice a year I just don't think it would be a wise decision to use our first round pick on him.

Comment

Originally posted by EMCF
                        I would love to have him drop to us in the second round, him or Matt Jones, I'm starting to get crazy over that guy. His upside is endless.
                        If he dropped to us in the second I would say go for it. But with the combine he had I don't think he will fall that far.

Comment

Move Pryce inside and draft Demarcus Ware to go back to playing DE where he can be a sack artist. Freeney JR
                          sigpic
                          PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
                          You Shed Tears of Scarlet

Comment

It's tough to say all I can tell u is how he played for Nebraska and he got outplayed by every receiver he went against with any height advantage.

And since now we have to play Moss and Porter twice a year I just don't think it would be a wise decision to use our first round pick on him.
                            Thank you! I have heard far too many Husker fans who would not give F. Washington any vote of confidence. If, and that is If denver goes for a CB in the first rd. I do not think it should be Washington. Unfortunately Carlos Rogers who I believe will be the best CB out of this draft will be gone. But IMO Justin Miller or M. Jackson would be much better choices than Fabian Washington, preferably Justin Miller with his special teams and return abilities being a premium.

Comment

Nickel CB?

Do you think the Broncos will use a 1st round pick on a nickel cornerback? Not gonna happen. The Broncos had alot of experience for their rookie defensive backs last year; therefore, I see either a WR, OG, DE, or DT in the 1st. They have about four players with experience at the nickel and dime positons, so why draft a DB early? They need to start grooming Rod Smith's repalcement at WR. They need to develop more depth on the OL. They need some young talent on the DL. All of these needs supercede a nickel back. I hope they draft the best talent available at any of their need positions.

Comment

Working...
                              X