Bronco Fan's Mock Drafts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bronco Fan's Mock Drafts

Put your mock drafts here and try to pick how the team will!

Check this out, though I know many will disagree

In an off-season which has come under a lot of scrutiny by fans. Denver has made moves to improve the 4th overall rated defense of the past two seasons. Between two trades one for a 4th round pick and another for Reuben Droughns whom lost his starting tailback spot to second year runner Tatum Bell. The Broncos also signed defensive end Courtney Brown a first rounder whom some say cannot live up to his potential.

Droughns was traded for veteran defensive end Ebenezer Ekuban and veteran defensive tackle Michael Myers. And this has caused an issue, which I do not comprehend fully. Denver lost Reggie Hayward in free agency and Ekuban was one of the Brown’s sack leaders. Myers brings a utility lineman whom can be solid and especially in a rotation system like Denver uses. Brown if he stays healthy can breakout and become the pro critics and analysts thought he would be. And Gerard Warren can be a force in a gap system like Denver uses.

Denver was talking about optioning the addition of a 3-4 defense to the playbook. if Denver fans see it, trust me it would be rare. Ian Gold has been added to a solid linebacker group led by all pro middle linebacker Al Wilson. The biggest question mark is Denver’s defensive secondary. With no strong safety and no weak side cornerback, Denver needs to address these needs quickly. Other spots for improvement for the Broncos include the receiver position and on the offensive line. With Dan Neil leaving Denver, the team lost a leader and a solid athlete whom made Denver’s offensive line elite. The only bright spots on the offensive line with rising star George Foster holding at the right side tackle position and veteran center and offensive line leader Tom Nalen. And though Ashley Lelie has become a deep threat for the team, Rod Smith is getting older and Denver lacks a possession receiver and a potential replacement for Smith in the near future.

Denver is hurting more in the quarterback position where Jake Plummer has shown skill but a lack of judgment with twenty interceptions thrown in 2004. Plummer only had one bright spot in his game he threw for over 4,000 yards in 2004, but unless he can cure his interception ratio, the Broncos will fall short once again.

Denver has only six total picks in the 2005 NFL Draft. Four of their picks will come on the first day of the draft and can be used to cover some needs. Denver has a sixth and seventh round picks for the second day of the draft. And instead of mocking the exact player for each pick I will show three options per each pick, this will be incase some players are already off the boards.

1st Round

25th overall pick:

Offensive Tackle / Jammal Brown / Sr. / Oklahoma / 6-5 /316lbs.

Strong Safety / Brodney Pool / Jr. / Oklahoma / 6-1 / 207lbs.

Cornerback / Carlos Rogers / Sr. / Auburn/ 6-0 / 196lbs.

2nd Round

56th overall pick:

Offensive Guard / Logan Mankins / Sr. / Fresno State / 6-4 / 307lbs.

Cornerback / Eric Green / Sr. / Virginia Tech / 5-11 / 198lbs.

Strong Safety / Ernest Shazor / Sr. / Michigan / 6-3 / 228lbs.

3rd Round

97th overall pick:

Wide Receiver / Vincent Jackson / Sr. / N. Colorado / 6-4 / 241lbs.

Quarterback / Kyle Orton / Sr. / Purdue / 6-4 / 233lbs.

Cornerback, RS / Antonio Perkins / Sr. / Oklahoma / 5-10 / 190lbs.

101st overall pick:

Wide Receiver / Vincent Jackson / Sr. / Northern Colorado / 6-4 / 241lbs.

Quarterback / Kyle Orton / Sr. / Purdue / 6-4 / 233lbs.

Defensive End / George Gause / Sr. / South Carolina / 6-4 / 275lbs.

6th Round

200th overall pick:

*Quarterback / Ryan Fitzpatrick / Sr. / Harvard / 6-2 / 232lbs.

Defensive End / Adrian Awasom / Sr. / North Texas / 6-4 / 273lbs.

Wide Receiver / Isaac West / Sr. / Furman / 5-11 / 187lbs.

7th Round

239th overall pick:

Wide Receiver / Tommy Manus / Sr. / Morgan State / 6-3 / 222lbs.

Defensive End / Derreck Robinson / Sr. / Iowa / 6-4 / 289lbs.

*Strong Safety / Marviel Underwood / Sr. / C. Florida / 5-10 / 197lbs.

Players in bold are my favorites to be taken

Players with * are sleeper picks
    Last edited by lancane; 04-05-2005, 03:19 PM.

Comment

For those interested in what "the experts" have us doing, here goes...

Sporting News
      1. Marcus Spears (DE- LSU)
      2. Fred Gibson (WR- Georgia)

Street + Smith
      1. Travis Johnson (DT- Florida State)
      2. Dan Cody (DE- Oklahoma)

USA Today
      1. Reggie Brown (WR- Georgia)
      2. Josh Bullocks (FS- Nebraska)

Pro Football Weekly
      1. Khalif Barnes (OLT- Washington)

As for me, this is what I would like:
      1. Matt Jones (WR- Arkansas)
      2. Bill Swancutt (DE- Oregon State)
      3a.Antonio Perkins (CB/PR- Oklahoma)
      3b.Evan Mathis (OG- Alabama)

Comment

Originally posted by Black59Razor
        Look at how bad the so-called experts are...Street and Smiths has a Top 20 talent taken in the end of the second round...and USA Today's is horrible as well...

Here's what Razor the GM would do if the Stars aligned just right:

1.) DE/OLB DeMarcus Ware, Troy St.
        2.) OG Evan Mathis, Alabama
        3.) (Comp) WR/KR Courtney Roby, Indiana
        3.) (Comp) WR Craig Bragg, UCLA
        absolutely, ware has to be picked if he falls to us.
        Blet

Comment

Originally posted by lancane
          The biggest question mark is Denver’s defensive secondary. With no strong safety and no weak side cornerback
          Lynch is going back to the SS, and there is a strong possibility that will free up *pardon the puns* Jeremy Lesure to play the FS, which would give us superb coverage. As for a weak side CB, Middlebrooks?

Comment

Originally posted by lancane
            Offensive Guard / Logan Mankins / Sr. / Fresno State / 6-4 / 307lbs.

Now thats what im talking about! Also if we could get James Sanders FS/SS in the 3rd It would be a steal! If he Would have Stayed at Fresno State he could have been a Top 20 pick in next years draft. IF we draft him we would not be dissapointed.
            visit the best website on earth

Critical Table

Comment

What I hope happens vs. What I think will happen

What I hope happens

#25 -- DT Mike Patterson, USC
              I'm on the Patterson bandwagon, and it's really comfortable. Patterson is really a pick that will help us out, filling the last glaring hole on the d-line.

#56 -- OL Evan Mathis, Alabama
              I could not agree more with Razor on this pick. It just makes sense with the likely departures of Nalen and Lepsis, and the move of Hamilton to C and Foster to LT when that happens. Then, Mathis could be a RT or LG, which will both be holes next year.

#97 -- S Sean Considine, Iowa
              A polished safety who has real field smarts and is above average in coverage is exactly the kind of player we need to bring into training camp.

#101 -- DE Bill Swancutt, Oregon St.
              After a below average combine showing, Swancutt should drop be Mr. Irrelevant of the first day. He's kind of like Matt Roth; he's got a non-stop motor but his measurables aren't so great. Still, that kind of guy would be nice in the third round.

What I think will happen (no comments because I don't support them)

#25 -- G David Baas, Oklahoma
              #56 -- CB Eric Green, Virginia Tech
              #97 -- WR Roscoe Parrish, Miami
              #101 -- DT Darrell Shropshire, South Carolina
              A proponent of Denver drafting Cutler since 10/05.

So naturally, my Adopt-A-Bronco is Jay Cutler!

Comment

"Also if we could get James Sanders FS/SS in the 3rd It would be a steal!" can i get some stats or something on this guy i have heard lots of people talking about him! but i dont know anything about him!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PsychoChicken
                  What I hope happens vs. What I think will happen

What I hope happens

#25 -- DT Mike Patterson, USC
                  I'm on the Patterson bandwagon, and it's really comfortable. Patterson is really a pick that will help us out, filling the last glaring hole on the d-line.

#56 -- OL Evan Mathis, Alabama
                  I could not agree more with Razor on this pick. It just makes sense with the likely departures of Nalen and Lepsis, and the move of Hamilton to C and Foster to LT when that happens. Then, Mathis could be a RT or LG, which will both be holes next year.

#97 -- S Sean Considine, Iowa
                  A polished safety who has real field smarts and is above average in coverage is exactly the kind of player we need to bring into training camp.

#101 -- DE Bill Swancutt, Oregon St.
                  After a below average combine showing, Swancutt should drop be Mr. Irrelevant of the first day. He's kind of like Matt Roth; he's got a non-stop motor but his measurables aren't so great. Still, that kind of guy would be nice in the third round.

What I think will happen (no comments because I don't support them)

#25 -- G David Baas, Oklahoma
                  #56 -- CB Eric Green, Virginia Tech
                  #97 -- WR Roscoe Parrish, Miami
                  #101 -- DT Darrell Shropshire, South Carolina

I like your "hopeful" draft. I'm completely on board.

Comment

My dream draft is kind of a combo of psychochicken's and razor's:

1: Mike Patterson (seriously, with a healthy brown, and a motivated warren patterson and pryce would create a front four that could actually pressure the QB, without blitzing! Think of it!)
                    2: Evan Mathis (just a good pick, at a position of need, open and shut case).
                    3a: Craig Bragg (very good prospect brought up by razor. Could make the broncos look very smart)
                    3b: Not really sure here, maybe Dustin Colquitt, Dustin Fox (CB/S) or a returner, maybe even sproles.

I like my defensive tackles like I like my women: well over 300 lbs.
                    ABWRFRC

Comment

1rst round carlos rogers auburn we need a corner
                      2nd vincent jackson n colorado would help with our red zone promlems
                      3rd a cortney roby indiana a comple beast as a returner
                      3rd b chris kemoeatu utah g BEAST
                      6th jeremy parquet vary mean our type of oline man
                      7th micheal munoz vary athletic

Comment

Originally posted by PRBronco
                        My dream draft is kind of a combo of psychochicken's and razor's:

1: Mike Patterson (seriously, with a healthy brown, and a motivated warren patterson and pryce would create a front four that could actually pressure the QB, without blitzing! Think of it!)
                        2: Evan Mathis (just a good pick, at a position of need, open and shut case).
                        3a: Craig Bragg (very good prospect brought up by razor. Could make the broncos look very smart)
                        3b: Not really sure here, maybe Dustin Colquitt, Dustin Fox (CB/S) or a returner, maybe even sproles.
                        Actually I'd like to backtrack on my craig bragg pick. I think he looks like a heck of a prospect, but i think that pick should be used on a returner of some kind, or possibly a big DT like shropshire, bryant or ron fields, (but try and do your homework broncos, let's not have another dorsett). Then the 3b pick can be colquitt or a guy like dustin fox.

I like my defensive tackles like I like my women: well over 300 lbs.
                        ABWRFRC

Comment

Working...
                        X