Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what other possibilities are there for round 1 (other then DL)?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • what other possibilities are there for round 1 (other then DL)?

    i think we should go DL - if pollack/johnson/spears or james fall it will be fantastic for us - however, what do you feel are the alternatives? IMO.........

    with who is likely to be on the board i would say....

    1 - OL (ONLY if BROWN falls to us at OT)

    2 - WR - if WILLIAMSON fall, that is all (MW and BE will be long gone)

    3 - CB - if ROLLE falls it would be great

    looking at this none of this will likely fall to #25 so i think we should just take the best DL available.

    i do not believe any safety warrants a 1st round pick and heath miller would be a waste of a pick with putz and s.alex here.

    i have heard that we could draft another position other then DL but WHO is likely to fall that is worth a pick?

  • #2
    BROWN all the way!

    Brown is expected to go before but some believe he will go after Denver picks, and if that is the case I think Denver would be drafting Brown in a heartbeat, he is a monster for the offensive line.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by bronx_2003
      i think we should go DL - if pollack/johnson/spears or james fall it will be fantastic for us - however, what do you feel are the alternatives? IMO.........

      with who is likely to be on the board i would say....

      1 - OL (ONLY if BROWN falls to us at OT)

      2 - WR - if WILLIAMSON fall, that is all (MW and BE will be long gone)

      3 - CB - if ROLLE falls it would be great

      looking at this none of this will likely fall to #25 so i think we should just take the best DL available.

      i do not believe any safety warrants a 1st round pick and heath miller would be a waste of a pick with putz and s.alex here.

      i have heard that we could draft another position other then DL but WHO is likely to fall that is worth a pick?
      1 and 2 are possiblities, but 3. Rolle is rated the #1 CB in this years draft. No way he falls to us.




      Comment


      • #4
        Hence why we could/should trade up.

        Comment


        • #5
          Other than D-line? That consists of players that could likely be available?

          S Thomas Davis (unlikely)
          S Brodney Pool
          WR Roddy White
          WR Matt Jones
          OT Khalif Barnes (unlikely)
          CB/S Marlin Jackson
          CB Justin Miller

          And that's about it.


          If I HAD to draft one of those players, I would take Khalif Barnes, if he's not available, Brodney Pool.
          Last edited by Mat'hir Uth Gan; 04-05-2005, 05:19 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
            Other than D-line? That consists of players that could likely be available?

            S Thomas Davis (unlikely)
            S Brodney Pool
            WR Roddy White
            WR Matt Jones
            OT Khalif Barnes (unlikely)
            CB/S Marlin Jackson
            CB Justin Miller

            And that's about it.


            If I HAD to draft one of those players, I would take Khalif Barnes, if he's not available, Brodney Pool.
            I've been seeing a lot of mock drafts where Barnes falls to us and even past. I know that a lot of these so called experts r idiots, but if Barnes is there i say heck ya take him.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
              Other than D-line? That consists of players that could likely be available?

              S Thomas Davis (unlikely)
              S Brodney Pool
              WR Roddy White
              WR Matt Jones
              OT Khalif Barnes (unlikely)
              CB/S Marlin Jackson
              CB Justin Miller

              And that's about it.


              If I HAD to draft one of those players, I would take Khalif Barnes, if he's not available, Brodney Pool.
              From your list, M-Gan, I think it's Matt Jones by default. Davis is a SS/OLB (not an area of need). Pool can't cover (eg, Orange Bowl). Jackson is a LeSeur clone. Miller and White I don't know that much about. Though many people are high on Barnes, can't we get O-linemen in later rounds? (Also, isn't OG a more pressing need than OT?)

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Sevenis7
                From your list, M-Gan, I think it's Matt Jones by default. Davis is a SS/OLB (not an area of need). Pool can't cover (eg, Orange Bowl). Jackson is a LeSeur clone. Miller and White I don't know that much about. Though many people are high on Barnes, can't we get O-linemen in later rounds? (Also, isn't OG a more pressing need than OT?)
                Quality OGs are avail later in the day, quality OTs are few and either top tackle should be gone. But I would take either if they were around.

                Nobody has us address the OG in the mocks, which would be a mistake. We need atleast one if not two picks on the Oline.

                other than that, I would not pick any except Poole or Miller if we did not go Dline.
                Broncos forever!! :clap:
                \


                Me and my daughter, Christmas eve 2006

                My wife and my daughter, same game against the Bengals.

                :wave:

                Comment


                • #9
                  I like Poole, Barnes is a good fit for us he is athletic enough to work in our schemes and many teams this year are looking defense in the draft and OL seems to be overlooked out of Barron, Brown, and Barnes one could fall to us I like Barnes the best. Dan Cody might be available he might be a good pick up, he was a leader on the Oklohoma D last year, we also could reach on Chris Spencer.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I dont want Rowdy Roddy White. Who else thinks he's going to be a bust.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      If there isn't a guy that mike really likes at 25 I hope we trade out of the first with maybe green bay or dallas.
                      BRONCOS fan is in my blood!
                      IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/vannote/cutlersig.jpg[/IMG]

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Here are some that pop into my mind:

                        Barnes, Clayton, Pool, Miller, Rogers (Carlos) and dare I say Matt Jones?

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X