25 Denver................................ Shaun Cody DE

26 N.Y. Jets.............................. Fabian Washington CB

27 Atlanta................................ Brodney Pool S

28 San Diego............................ Roddey White WR

29 Indianapolis......................... Darryl Blackstock OLB

30 Pittsburgh............................ Heath Miller TE

31 Philadelphia......................... Anttaj Hawthorne DT

32 New England....................... Justin Miller, CB

I decided to take a risk and let you take shots at my projections. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

I thought this would make it easier to read.
    Last edited by eabort; 04-06-2005, 06:24 PM.

very nice draft...i think the only thing i had a problem with was the vikings pick....one, i don't think Johnson will fall that far, and two...the vikings don't need LB help do they?

i think KC will go Cornerback after the recent signings...

i can't really find anything else wrong with it..overall, great mock..

Comment

Originally posted by EddyMac87
      very nice draft...i think the only thing i had a problem with was the vikings pick....one, i don't think Johnson will fall that far, and two...the vikings don't need LB help do they?

Yeah, I hear ya on the Vikes. My thought was since the two WR Edwards and Williams were gone they would go best D player since that is their biggest weakness. And with KC I'm thinking the Surtain deal will go through.
      Thanks for your input! I appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by eabort
        And with KC I'm thinking the Surtain deal will go through.
        Right...damn, i forgot about that...

Comment

This is a great mock! i agree that this is a very possible 1st round in this years draft!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Caliraiderhater
            This is a great mock! i agree that this is a very possible 1st round in this years draft!
            Thanks!!!

Comment

we wont draft cody we have 15 d lineman on your roster now ithink well go wr or cb or oline

Comment

BPA here we come

Comment

Originally posted by JkThSnake #16
                  we wont draft cody we have 15 d lineman on your roster now ithink well go wr or cb or oline
                  It is certainly a possibility to go after an OL most likely the top OG.

After the top three CB - Rolle, Jones and Rogers - the talent is more of second round consideration and after the first four WR - Edwards, Williams, Williamson, and Clayton the talent falls off as well and felt we could grab a comparable CB or WR later.

I'm not sold on the thought that simply because we have 15 DL on the roster we avoid taking one with our first. There are a number of question marks including all our starters. We have drastically improved on the DL and there is reason for hope but I still think this will be the best value and biggest need going into the draft.

Thanks for your input and please feel free to expand on your thought. I would like to hear more.

Comment

Since our Linman are smaller then the reast of the leagues we usally draft them in the later rounds,with the exception of G Foster.I really dont see us takin a lineman on either side of the ball.Its gonna be heath miller if he's there or a WR.i think they have faith in our young corners behind champ and Lenny to let them develop.

Comment

Originally posted by Diggs4
                      Since our Linman are smaller then the reast of the leagues we usally draft them in the later rounds,with the exception of G Foster.I really dont see us takin a lineman on either side of the ball.Its gonna be heath miller if he's there or a WR.i think they have faith in our young corners behind champ and Lenny to let them develop.

I'm not sure why management would sign Jeb if they were planning to after Miller in the draft. Do you have any thoughts? We also signed S. Alexander as a backup.

I've also heard rumblings about wanting to "beef up the OL." If that is the case I can see them taking an OL early.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Diggs4
                        Heath Miller? we resigning putz to a 5 year contract...he'll be the TE for years...

Comment

Originally posted by EddyMac87

It looks more and more like Johnson will fall and probably even further than this. Teams are nervous that he shys away from the block. He will play great in space and in coverage.

I think most sources I have read the last few days including Scouts inc, PFW, Kiper, the guys at NFL.com, all have him falling at least this far and closer to the 10-12 range. Almost all teams have Jones and / or Rolle coming off the board as the first D player. A couple have been quoted the last few days as saying we would be surprised at the number of teams that have Rolle as the number 1 D player.

I think your mock on Johnson falling this far is correct. I just don't think the Vikings would take him. I think they would go CB before Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by myoung
                            It looks more and more like Johnson will fall and probably even further than this. Teams are nervous that he shys away from the block. He will play great in space and in coverage.

I think most sources I have read the last few days including Scouts inc, PFW, Kiper, the guys at NFL.com, all have him falling at least this far and closer to the 10-12 range. Almost all teams have Jones and / or Rolle coming off the board as the first D player. A couple have been quoted the last few days as saying we would be surprised at the number of teams that have Rolle as the number 1 D player.

I think your mock on Johnson falling this far is correct. I just don't think the Vikings would take him. I think they would go CB before Johnson.
                            With the Vikes they recently adding F. Smoot and already with A. Winfield and B. Williams I can't see them going CB. I was thinking they may go after C. Benson since they have had problems with injuries and O. Smith being one positive test away from suspension.

Comment

Originally posted by eabort
                              With the Vikes they recently adding F. Smoot and already with A. Winfield and B. Williams I can't see them going CB. I was thinking they may go after C. Benson since they have had problems with injuries and O. Smith being one positive test away from suspension.
                              The same argument can be had with EJ Henderson and the recent acquisition of Napolean Harris to go with the LBs they already have. Realistically they need a DE. Unfortunately none of them makes any sense at this spot. They need the 18 spot for D or they could package picks and move it. It would not cost them much to get to the 2 or 3 spot.

Also your thought on Benson is accurate. They have recently stated quite a bit that they know they need to get stronger in the running game.

Comment

Working...
                              X