Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 3-4 helps the bronx draft

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The 3-4 helps the bronx draft

    On NFL network they said that teams that run the 4-3 defense will finally be able to draft quality players late in the first round. It was said that so many teams are switching to the 3-4 that traditional linemen are slipping. The hybrid players are at a premium, which is why players like Shaun Cody and even Erasmus James wont go early. Does anyone think that we WON'T have a shot a top tier lineman?

  • #2
    ONE good DL will fall to us and then we should draft the best available one.

    i cant see anyone else who would be worth taking at 25.......heath miller maybe?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by bronx_2003
      ONE good DL will fall to us and then we should draft the best available one.

      i cant see anyone else who would be worth taking at 25.......heath miller maybe?
      Agreed. However I think we will trade out of the first round. Heath is a no go due to Putzier and Alexander signings.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by bleedbluorange
        Agreed. However I think we will trade out of the first round. Heath is a no go due to Putzier and Alexander signings.
        heath looks real good but i agree TE is a no no.

        if we trade out of round 1 then we will probably lose out on getting a TOP DL like pollack/spears/s.cody/james/t.johnson/ware - ONE of them should fall to #25

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by bronx_2003
          heath looks real good but i agree TE is a no no.

          if we trade out of round 1 then we will probably lose out on getting a TOP DL like pollack/spears/s.cody/james/t.johnson/ware - ONE of them should fall to #25
          We don't need a defensive linemen... I want Justin Miller, Fabian Washington, or Marlin Jackson...

          What I think we should do is... Trade out of the first, get 2 seconds take Jackson and Baas. And there we go.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by bronx_2003
            heath looks real good but i agree TE is a no no.

            if we trade out of round 1 then we will probably lose out on getting a TOP DL like pollack/spears/s.cody/james/t.johnson/ware - ONE of them should fall to #25
            Maybe. Guys like Mike Patterson, Demarcus Ware, Luis Castille and Justin Tuck could possibly be picked up early in the second round. I think the quality at the top of the second round isnt that far from the talent in the first round.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by DBfan4lyfe
              We don't need a defensive linemen... I want Justin Miller, Fabian Washington, or Marlin Jackson...

              What I think we should do is... Trade out of the first, get 2 seconds take Jackson and Baas. And there we go.
              We have to draft a top lineman sooner or later. I see why you say later, but I vote sooner.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by bleedbluorange
                We have to draft a top lineman sooner or later. I see why you say later, but I vote sooner.
                jackson is pretty good, washington and miller are a liability IMO but we NEED to draft a DL and have a young cornerstone at DL for years to come like the pats do with seymour and wilfork, the saints with will smith, the vikings with udeze, etc............

                btw - who has 2 2nd round picks?

                the ONLY other direction i would go at #25 is OT and that would ONLY be on BROWN......JMO

                also, baas looks good but guards should not be taken in the top 30 picks IMO

                Comment


                • #9
                  Yeah but what a lot of people are missing is that the 4-3 defensive lineman will drop even into the 2nd round and a few to the 3rd. Tuck whom originally was slated to be near the end of the 1st will most likely be a 2nd round pick. Denver will be looking at the best available player which I agree, but I think fans will be surprised and I think one of the top offensive tackles will be Denver's first pick, like Jammal Brown which many have the Chargers taking him after we pick. One thing is for sure there will be a lot of talent through the 4th round and part is due to better college coaching and the other is because IAA schools are producing better talent overall. IAA schools have 30% in this years draft. Someone said they have more in this draft then in the previous four drafts. Ivy league schools even have an odd number of available draft choices in this years draft.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by bleedbluorange
                    We have to draft a top lineman sooner or later. I see why you say later, but I vote sooner.
                    The circumstanes that we are in right now seem still indicate that taking a defensive line would still be smartest move we could make.
                    John 11: 25-27

                    My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



                    Thanks Snk16

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by lancane
                      Yeah but what a lot of people are missing is that the 4-3 defensive lineman will drop even into the 2nd round and a few to the 3rd. Tuck whom originally was slated to be near the end of the 1st will most likely be a 2nd round pick. Denver will be looking at the best available player which I agree, but I think fans will be surprised and I think one of the top offensive tackles will be Denver's first pick, like Jammal Brown which many have the Chargers taking him after we pick. One thing is for sure there will be a lot of talent through the 4th round and part is due to better college coaching and the other is because IAA schools are producing better talent overall. IAA schools have 30% in this years draft. Someone said they have more in this draft then in the previous four drafts. Ivy league schools even have an odd number of available draft choices in this years draft.
                      I agree.....Good post.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by TXBRONC
                        The circumstanes that we are in right now seem still indicate that taking a defensive line would still be smartest move we could make.
                        I think so too. I just want them to trade out of that 25 spot and try to get two linemen in the second round.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by DBfan4lyfe
                          We don't need a defensive linemen... I want Justin Miller, Fabian Washington, or Marlin Jackson...

                          What I think we should do is... Trade out of the first, get 2 seconds take Jackson and Baas. And there we go.
                          The broncos should not take a single one of those CBs in the 1st round, no way should we take jackson in the 2nd or even baas. Any of those CBs would be a welcome sight if we were able to get them in the 2nd, but none and i repeat none of those three are worth a #25 pick in the 1st.
                          Texas Bronco Fan

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            trade our first for a 2nd and trade one of our seconds for patrick surtan and draft an O line man

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by BRONCOS_OWN_U16
                              trade our first for a 2nd and trade one of our seconds for patrick surtan and draft an O line man
                              How much is Surtain asking for? I'm quite sure Pryce didnt give enough back to afford him. Right?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X