Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

broncos are known for drafting for the future

ex. foster, lelie, watts

i think next year our O line will be depleted, and this is the year shanny will get one in the first round, baas, brown, whatever, i forgot the other dude....

or we go nuts and get mike williams somehow...... i would be ecatatic if that happened, but its pretty bold and may be stupid

Comment

Originally posted by bleedbluorange
      I think so too. I just want them to trade out of that 25 spot and try to get two linemen in the second round.
      If you're meaning trading completely out of the first round, I don't know about that. As you said if looks like the guy we really want to get will be in the second round then it makes sense. But honestly, like Shanahan I'm leary of trading away first round picks.
      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

How much is Surtain asking for? I'm quite sure Pryce didnt give enough back to afford him. Right?
        As of now i think we are sitting at about 4 mill under the cap, so we could afford Surtain for 1 year with a back loaded contract
        Texas Bronco Fan

Comment

Originally posted by Champ4life
          As of now i think we are sitting at about 4 mill under the cap, so we could afford Surtain for 1 year with a back loaded contract

no more back loaded [email protected]@@@

Comment

Look at what happened to tenn with all there back loaded contracts, they lost everyone!
            Texas Bronco Fan

Comment

In that case I'd rather not bother with him. We wont have a team after next at the rate we are going.

Comment

Oh god not back on Surtain, we have Champ and we need a compliment corner, not another multi-million dollar speedster. Surtain will go to the Chiefs and good for them, they need all the help they can get!

But NFL Access even said there will likely be few trades cause the talent which is in this years is unbelievable and also there is no one must get player out there.

If Denver trades it's first which I highly doubt they would ask to much in the fact of replacement picks like a 2nd, 3rd and a 4th for the 1st.

Denver has there eyes on (Rumor Only) DE G. Gauge from South Carolina, whom is slated to be a monster available in the low 3rd rounds cause off some issues, otherwise he would be a low 1st rounder.

Denver has had personnel talk to QB's at the combine and some think they will use the 2nd round pick on K. Orton from Purdue whom many say is better then good ol' Roth in Pittsburgh.

I think the Broncos will do something the fans are unexpecting like picking up an offensive lineman in the 1st. And my money is on RT Jammal Brown from Oklahoma and since many have San Diego and Pittsburgh looking at him, do not think Denver isn't like get a great RT move Foster to left and screw San Diego and Pitt at the same time.

And there are a lot of fast corners and good safties in this years bunch, one of my favorite sleeper safties will be available in the 7th round, Alex Green from Duke. This kid has great foot speed and is tall, and when he falls into cover he seems to be like a volleyball player just swatting any that get close away.

And as for Jackson he will be available in the 3rd round if we even go for a wide receiver, I would like to have him but Denver will again go with best available at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by lancane
                  Oh god not back on Surtain, we have Champ and we need a compliment corner, not another multi-million dollar speedster. Surtain will go to the Chiefs and good for them, they need all the help they can get!

But NFL Access even said there will likely be few trades cause the talent which is in this years is unbelievable and also there is no one must get player out there.

If Denver trades it's first which I highly doubt they would ask to much in the fact of replacement picks like a 2nd, 3rd and a 4th for the 1st.

Denver has there eyes on (Rumor Only) DE G. Gauge from South Carolina, whom is slated to be a monster available in the low 3rd rounds cause off some issues, otherwise he would be a low 1st rounder.

Denver has had personnel talk to QB's at the combine and some think they will use the 2nd round pick on K. Orton from Purdue whom many say is better then good ol' Roth in Pittsburgh.

I think the Broncos will do something the fans are unexpecting like picking up an offensive lineman in the 1st. And my money is on RT Jammal Brown from Oklahoma and since many have San Diego and Pittsburgh looking at him, do not think Denver isn't like get a great RT move Foster to left and screw San Diego and Pitt at the same time.

And there are a lot of fast corners and good safties in this years bunch, one of my favorite sleeper safties will be available in the 7th round, Alex Green from Duke. This kid has great foot speed and is tall, and when he falls into cover he seems to be like a volleyball player just swatting any that get close away.

And as for Jackson he will be available in the 3rd round if we even go for a wide receiver, I would like to have him but Denver will again go with best available at the time.
                  Another good post. Keep bringing it. I think all of our picks will be best available. I dont see in glaring needs for this year. Defensive line had that title till recently. I hope the best player available is a d lineman, but I dont think we are locked into going that way

Comment

If we were able to pick up jammal brown we could play him at RG this year then move him to RT next year when lepsis leaves and foster goes to LT
                    Texas Bronco Fan

Comment

If we were able to pick up jammal brown we could play him at RG this year then move him to RT next year when lepsis leaves and foster goes to LT
                      I like that idea. This is exactly what they should do if they draft him

Comment

Another good post. Keep bringing it. I think all of our picks will be best available. I dont see in glaring needs for this year. Defensive line had that title till recently. I hope the best player available is a d lineman, but I dont think we are locked into going that way
                        The only super sore spot I see is on Denver's Offensive Line. Nalen and company have gotten weaker over the years due to talent depletion, similar to our defensive line issue! Last great lineman we drafted was Neil. With his future being uncertain that leaves us with young unproven journeymen and nothing solid. Hamilton will most likely be our starting center in 2006, which is a good position for him. I think Denver will go after Brown or another tackle because of this. If we get weaker on our line, running and pass protection will be shotty at best and woops! All our RBs and QBs now have concusions! And if they get Brown we can make a solid line. cause we can use Lepsis's weakness to our advantage and you will see what I am saying.

LT - George Foster / Cooper Carlisle
                        LG - Matt Lepsis / Tim Stubber
                        C - Tom Nalen / Ben Hamilton
                        RG - Ben Hamilton / Tyson Clabo
                        RT - Jammal Brown / Cornell Green

This would let us be set up to stay solid next year and if Neil returns Hamilton can just rotate with Nalen to prepare. If Neil doesn't return we then can have Clabo ready to assume RG and draft a late pick next year to come into the rotation so we can start producing our own lineman into our system.

Comment

The only super sore spot I see is on Denver's Offensive Line. Nalen and company have gotten weaker over the years due to talent depletion, similar to our defensive line issue! Last great lineman we drafted was Neil. With his future being uncertain that leaves us with young unproven journeymen and nothing solid. Hamilton will most likely be our starting center in 2006, which is a good position for him. I think Denver will go after Brown or another tackle because of this. If we get weaker on our line, running and pass protection will be shotty at best and woops! All our RBs and QBs now have concusions! And if they get Brown we can make a solid line. cause we can use Lepsis's weakness to our advantage and you will see what I am saying.

LT - George Foster / Cooper Carlisle
                          LG - Matt Lepsis / Tim Stubber
                          C - Tom Nalen / Ben Hamilton
                          RG - Ben Hamilton / Tyson Clabo
                          RT - Jammal Brown / Cornell Green

This would let us be set up to stay solid next year and if Neil returns Hamilton can just rotate with Nalen to prepare. If Neil doesn't return we then can have Clabo ready to assume RG and draft a late pick next year to come into the rotation so we can start producing our own lineman into our system.
                          I like this for the most part, but there are a few things that in my opinion need alittle work on your line up. first of all if you look back up to alot of the positions. In my opinion the starting line should look like this.

LT-Lepsis/Carlisle
                          LG-Hamliton/Alexander
                          C-Nalen/Hamliton
                          RG-Brown*/Carlisle
                          RT-Foster/Green

now all this can change if neil is brought back, or if we dont draft jammal brown
                          Texas Bronco Fan

Comment

Working...
                          X