For the Doubters...Here's Baby Sapp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the Doubters...Here's Baby Sapp

Yes I admit I am one of the Mike Patterson to the Broncos supporters. I think we might be able to drop back a few picks to get him, but if we can't trade up to get Barnes, Clayton, or Pollack, I believe Patterson is one of the best available fits for the Broncos around their first round pick, especially with Pryce staying.

Here's a link to a great article about Patterson as well as a number of other prospects, most of whom get there names bantied about in this forum all day long and some more who we should possibly consider. Anyway, the article is by Pete Prisco on cbssportsline. I'm not a big fan of his generally, but I think he has it right with Mike Patterson. I believe Patterson will continue to reak havoc in backfields for many seasons to come. Hope you enjoy the article, Patterson was grossly undermentioned when it came to the success of the USC defense.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8365275
    Last edited by jletourneau; 04-07-2005, 09:56 PM.

I agree with the Patterson comments in the article, and like Prisco, think that had Patterson been 6'4, things would be different for him. Still, his size cannot be ignored, the pounding he will take will take its tole on him, as it has McFarland. In six years, McFarland has played a full season only twice, and is beginning to show signs of wear and tear, likely attributed to his smaller frame. So, is it unfair to judge him on his height? You betcha. But, can it be ignored? No, it really must be taken into consideration.

Now, as for Prisco, I think he is the biggest farce of a sports reporter, and really cannot stand him. Is it a Razor vs. Schefter hate? Not quite, but it sure is close. Same for Judge...

Comment

Originally posted by OhNoKoolAid
      I agree with the Patterson comments in the article, and like Prisco, think that had Patterson been 6'4, things would be different for him. Still, his size cannot be ignored, the pounding he will take will take its tole on him, as it has McFarland. In six years, McFarland has played a full season only twice, and is beginning to show signs of wear and tear, likely attributed to his smaller frame. So, is it unfair to judge him on his height? You betcha. But, can it be ignored? No, it really must be taken into consideration.

Now, as for Prisco, I think he is the biggest farce of a sports reporter, and really cannot stand him. Is it a Razor vs. Schefter hate? Not quite, but it sure is close. Same for Judge...
      I really try to avoid Prisco too. If I remember correctly his mock draft seemed to be questionable, but I could be thinking about someone else. Farce is probably a pretty accurate word. In fact I usually avoid his columns, but this one stuck out to me to hear his take on Patterson. Oh well, to each their own.

Comment

Originally posted by jletourneau
        I really try to avoid Prisco too. If I remember correctly his mock draft seemed to be questionable, but I could be thinking about someone else. Farce is probably a pretty accurate word. In fact I usually avoid his columns, but this one stuck out to me to hear his take on Patterson. Oh well, to each their own.
        Yeah, I'll read his draft articles, just because I'm a sucker for new information, but all in all, he is horrible. Last year he was reemed for claiming that Mike Willims would fall to the late first, just because he was similar to Randy Moss in potential and attitude. I just really think he struggles to understand the game intelligently. After all, he is the one who got the Raider fans started in comparing their offense to the Colts, just like last year he praised their off season aquisitions.

Comment

I think that Travis Johnson would be better if he fell to us, but this is the kink of tackle we need, motivated, talented, and strong.
          Broncos forever!! :clap:
          \

Me and my daughter, Christmas eve 2006

My wife and my daughter, same game against the Bengals.

:wave:

Comment

Thanks for the link. There are some really interesting players in there that I wouldn't mind having.
            John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Working...
            X