Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dub-DeuceKnight
    replied
    If we were going to take a QB in round 2 we should take Mcpherson, he has way more 'upside' as you would say and is overall better than Campbell, Campbell IMO was a system QB this year, his previous years as a starter in a different system his numbers were pathetic. I think we should pick up a QB but if we don't get A-mac then we should wait until much later in the draft to pick someone up, someone like Bryan Randall out of VT.
    I think first round is really Best Player Available, I am hoping a lot of teams make reaches on guys like Channing Crowder and Heath Miller before us and give us a chance to pick up a good player. I hope we can get a guy like Carlos Rogers, David Pollack, Marcus Spears, Mark Clayton or whatever. Realistically I think we will get a guy like Brodney Pool, Dan or Shaun Cody, Justin Miller, or Travis Johnson possibly. It will probably be harder to trade down, unless some team is really interested in a player on the board who might be snatched up like Matt Jones, or Channing Crowder. I would love to trade down to be able to pick up guys like Vincent Fuller, Chris Canty, Chris Spencer, and more depth.
    i think depth is a big problem we have which leads to us trailing off near the end of the season.

Leave a comment:

• Reichert113
    replied
    Personally I think Marlin Jackson is undervalued. I mean the guy must have had to work his tail off in practice considering he is going against one of the best if not they best wr in this years draft. I do agree I dont want us to take Campbell but I can see us making the mistake of doing that. The guy I really want is the safety out of UNC. He probably wont start this year but maybe within 2 years. Also I could see Justin Miller giving problems to the franchise. Clemson isn't exactly a classy place. I could see him giving the coaching staff problems.

Leave a comment:

• dbdom
    replied
    Originally posted by Reichert113
    My opinion on some of the players the broncos should look into and try to get if possible..

1st Round - overall I'd like to see the Broncos take Pollack just because of his passion for the game. He plays the game at 110 MPH and thats the kind of player any team would want. However if they don't get him then they should be smart and not take a DT/DE that isn't as valuable as some of the other positions we need to address.

- David Pollack DE Georgia (depends on if he is avaible at 25 most likely not)

- Marlin Jackson CB Michigan (lack of experience at CB gives Jackson a chance to win a starting / nickel spot)

- Shaun Cody DT/DE USC (most likely going to go after 25 if Pollack is gone and they decide to keep on track for a DT/DE then Cody is most likely going to be picked)

2nd Round - Get a Campbell if we cant then we should address CB if we havent already. If not we should go after a WR cause of Smiths age.

- Jason Campbell QB Auburn (if Campbell falls to the Broncos they won't blink twice before taking him)

- Eirc Green CB Vigrinia Tech (if they decide not to take a CB in the 1st round the Broncos may go after one in the 2nd)

- Fred Gibson WR Georgia ( has leaping ablity, which will be what the Broncos lack at WR after Rod Smith hands in the cleats. has seen significant time for four years at one of the premier programs in the NCAA, has high upside like Vincent Jackson but played at a higher level)

- Justin Tuck DE Notre Dame (great pass rusher could be a playmaker in the NFL highly unlikely he will fall this late in 2nd rond)

3rd Round Take a safety that has a lot of upside, take a chance, if there are none that are qualified and we didnt get Campbell get a QB to groom under Jake

- Gerald Sensabaugh S North Carolina (no one really knows about him but is ranked on Mel Kipers top 5 safeties. Only played in D1A for one year but was a D1AA All American as a JR. has solid speed and is known for his nastiness over the middle)

- Ryan Fitzpatrick QB Harvard ( played in the ivy league which is known as d1aa but still has potential. if we are unable to get Campbell then we should presue a qb with one of our 2 third round picks)

- Dan Orlovsky QB Conneticut (played in the big east last season and helped the huskies gain national respect. set numerous records at uconn.)

3rd Round Address speciffic NEEDS as of now ex OL Depth, DB Depth, or Best avaible athletes.

- Stanley Wilson CB Stanford (we have to address CB sometime during the draft whether it is early or late doesn't matter but we have to address it)

- Jeremy Parquet OT Souther Mississippi (need back ups for Lepis and Foster. not many ot avaible but sometimes you have to hope to mold a over years)

- J.R. Russel WR Lousville ( good WR with a huge upside, had a big JR year and calmed down his SR year if we dont get Gibson or Jackson we should take a look at this guy)

its been fun hope u enjoy

some good thoughts there, but i dont think marlin jackson is that good of a player, probably early 2nd, but not a first rounder, a guy like justin miller is a better player overall, and can return kicks

i believe there will be a really good DL guy who will fall to us, someone possible like marcus spears or we will get an OT (if one falls)

in round 2, i sincerely hope we dont take jason campbell, because we have bigger needs than QB, but a guy like fred gibson would be a good pickup, as would a CB or DL (if we picked OT or some other position in the 1st)

apparently the broncos are really interested in ryan fitzpatrick and the only reason he has dropped is because he played against less skilled opponents but a QB out of harvard would also be pretty smart and would be coachable

Leave a comment:

• Reichert113
    started a topic Broncos 2005 Draft

Broncos 2005 Draft

My opinion on some of the players the broncos should look into and try to get if possible..

1st Round - overall I'd like to see the Broncos take Pollack just because of his passion for the game. He plays the game at 110 MPH and thats the kind of player any team would want. However if they don't get him then they should be smart and not take a DT/DE that isn't as valuable as some of the other positions we need to address.

- David Pollack DE Georgia (depends on if he is avaible at 25 most likely not)

- Marlin Jackson CB Michigan (lack of experience at CB gives Jackson a chance to win a starting / nickel spot)

- Shaun Cody DT/DE USC (most likely going to go after 25 if Pollack is gone and they decide to keep on track for a DT/DE then Cody is most likely going to be picked)

2nd Round - Get a Campbell if we cant then we should address CB if we havent already. If not we should go after a WR cause of Smiths age.

- Jason Campbell QB Auburn (if Campbell falls to the Broncos they won't blink twice before taking him)

- Eirc Green CB Vigrinia Tech (if they decide not to take a CB in the 1st round the Broncos may go after one in the 2nd)

- Fred Gibson WR Georgia ( has leaping ablity, which will be what the Broncos lack at WR after Rod Smith hands in the cleats. has seen significant time for four years at one of the premier programs in the NCAA, has high upside like Vincent Jackson but played at a higher level)

- Justin Tuck DE Notre Dame (great pass rusher could be a playmaker in the NFL highly unlikely he will fall this late in 2nd rond)

3rd Round Take a safety that has a lot of upside, take a chance, if there are none that are qualified and we didnt get Campbell get a QB to groom under Jake

- Gerald Sensabaugh S North Carolina (no one really knows about him but is ranked on Mel Kipers top 5 safeties. Only played in D1A for one year but was a D1AA All American as a JR. has solid speed and is known for his nastiness over the middle)

- Ryan Fitzpatrick QB Harvard ( played in the ivy league which is known as d1aa but still has potential. if we are unable to get Campbell then we should presue a qb with one of our 2 third round picks)

- Dan Orlovsky QB Conneticut (played in the big east last season and helped the huskies gain national respect. set numerous records at uconn.)

3rd Round Address speciffic NEEDS as of now ex OL Depth, DB Depth, or Best avaible athletes.

- Stanley Wilson CB Stanford (we have to address CB sometime during the draft whether it is early or late doesn't matter but we have to address it)

- Jeremy Parquet OT Souther Mississippi (need back ups for Lepis and Foster. not many ot avaible but sometimes you have to hope to mold a over years)

- J.R. Russel WR Lousville ( good WR with a huge upside, had a big JR year and calmed down his SR year if we dont get Gibson or Jackson we should take a look at this guy)

its been fun hope u enjoy
Working...
X