Updated Mock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updated Mock

Made a few changes to my mock so thought id post it.

1 - 49ers --- Aaron Rogers QB Cal

2 - Dolphinsi --- Ronnie Brown RB Auburn

3 - Browns --- Derrick Johnson OLB Texas

4 - Bears --- Cedrick Benson RB Texas

5 - Buccaneers --- Mike Williams WR USC

6 - Titans --- Antrel Rolle CB Miami

7 - Vikings --- Braylon Edwards WR Michigan

8 - Cardinals --- Alex Smith QB Utah

9 - Redskins --- Pac-Man Jones CB West Virginia

10 - Lions --- David Pollack DE Georgia

11- Cowboys --- Shawn Merriman DE Maryland

12 - Chargers --- Alex Barron OT Florida State

13 - Texans --- Demarcus Ware DE/OLB Troy State

14 - Panthers --- Cadillac Williams RB Auburn

15 - Chiefs --- Erasmus James DE Wisconsin

16 - Saints --- Travis Johnson DT Florida State

17 - Bengals --- Brodney Pool FS Oklahoma

18 - Vikings --- Thomas Davis SS Georgia

19 - Rams --- Jammal Brown OT Oklahoma

20 - Cowboys --- Troy Williamson WR South Carolina

21 - Jaguars --- Mark Clayton WR Oklahoma

22 - Ravens --- Carlos Rogers CB Auburn

23 - Seahawks --- Darryl Blackstock OLB Virginia

24 - Packers --- Channing Crowder ILB Florida

25 - Broncos --- Justin Miller CB Clemson

26 - N.Y. Jets Heath Miller TE Virginia

27 - Atlanta --- Shaun Cody DT USC

28 - San Diego --- Dan Cody DE Oklahoma

29 - Indianapolis --- Mike Patterson DT USC

30 - Pittsburgh --- Matt Jones WR Arkansas

31 - Philadelphia --- Roddy White WR UAB

32 - New England --- Marlin Jackson CB Michigan

Well i figure that we need a punt returner and a 3rd CB so he is the ideal pick of what i think will be available.

Comment

only thing is i cant see us passing on either cody

Comment

We already have a 3rd string corner by the name of willie middlebrooks, plus we can get a KR/PR in a later round that is just as good as miller if not better. There are alot of other things that we need more than a corner such as OL,DL,FS,and WR.
        Texas Bronco Fan

Comment

At CB Middlebrooks is hardly serviceable.At FS Nick Ferguson is pretty good.At OL i agree we lack depth but i dont see a guy that i think will be on the board that is good enough for a 1rst round pick.At DL, getting Trevor back was huge.You add him to all the young potential and we have atleast a decent line maybe even a great one depending on how things work out.Although i do see us taking some DL in the other rounds.At WR ,Lelie and Watts will continue to develop as will Luke and Jackson.But to add to this i see us taking another Wideout later on in the draft.To sum it up i just think getting a 3rd corner that may even replace walls as the 2nd and a KR/PR is a better value than the others.

Comment

Originally posted by DarKliger
            Well i figure that we need a punt returner and a 3rd CB so he is the ideal pick of what i think will be available.
            #3 CB? We need a #2 CB, and I would not mind Miller at all!
            sigpic

Comment

Not a fan of Walls huh? Im not all that high on him either.People seem to assume he can play at a superior level because hes 6'4.

Comment

Not a fan of Walls huh? Im not all that high on him either.People seem to assume he can play at a superior level because hes 6'4.
                Yeah, I believe that him being 6'4 is more of a disadvantage because he will get caught up alot with his feet, and doesn't have elete speed.

I would either like to have Fabian Washington, Justin Miller, or Thomas Davis. Any one of those three, and I will be happy!
                sigpic

Comment

Thank you. We need to get another young CB and let Walls come back slowly.
                  Does it bother you that a Bronco fan might like a NON Bronco? Deal with it!

Making fun of career threatening accidents because you dont agree with me is fun, right? Losers...

Comment

Not many on this board (besides mathir) have mentioned the idea of drafting mike patterson.

He is by far the most underrated prospect on the board...

I live on the west coast, so i see a few sc games. Patterson is by far the quickest pocket collapser in this draft. Him or shaun cody (versatility) would be excellent pickups at 25. I'm not so sure about the dtackle situation, or the diff between the nose tackle and under tackle (and which one we need), but think of the d-line we could put together by taking one of the many upper-tier d-lineman available this year. We would have outstanding depth...we wouldn't be just barely getting by anymore. The d-line has been this teams weakness for almost three years now, and a bad d-line makes the rest of the d bad too, so...

I'm not sayin we have to get patterson, i don't think we HAVE TO get anybody. I just think we should get some youth and hussle into the d-line rotation and solidify for years to come.

Comment

I think Patterson is an excellent prospect and would not mind at all if Denver took him.Infact i would be quite happy as i think he will be a very good D-Lineman for years to come.I just think Miller is a better value as it fills 2 needs with one pick and i think he'll be a very good CB in a year or two.

Comment

its still a tossup between aaron rodgers and alex smith for #1 overall, i believe alex smith is a better player but aaron rodgers is a local boy from the bay area

for the #2 pick, its consensus that ronnie brown will go there after his amazing combine performance

for the browns picking derrick johnson at #3 might be a reach, but its possible since romeo crennel is a defensive coach

at #4, it could be cedric benson, but it seems like benson's stock is dropping, cadillac williams might be the 2nd back off the board and the bears might take braylon edwards because they need weapons opposite mushin muhammed

the bucs might still take cadillac williams, since gruden loved the guy at senior bowl, and the bucs definitely need a running game

at #6 antrel rolle makes sense, since the titans lost both samari rolle and andre dyson, there is a slim possibility that they take a receiver, but only a small chance

the vikes will take braylon edwards if he's there but i doubt mike williams will go above braylon edwards, but the vikes definitely need a receiver to strengthen their WR-core with the departure of randy moss

at #8, i dont think the cards will take alex smith, because he wont drop that far and also they got themselves kurt warner, who will be serviceable starter for this season, so it is not imperitive they pick a QB there, more probably is a RB like cedric benson

the redskins could take pac man, but also could take troy williamson, whose stock is rising very quickly due to his size and explosiveness, and the redskins need big time receivers since they have rod gardner on the trade block, with their starters as santana moss and dave patten

i believe the texans might try to trade up because they need a OT like alex barron bad instead of demarcus ware, who wont go that high

panthers wont take cadillac williams because he wont fall that far and they already have deshaun foster AND stephen davis in the backfield, picking williams would make that very crowded indeed

at 16, the saints might take thomas davis, because they need help at safety and at OLB, and davis will can play at both positions, filling one of their needs and providing depth

the rams taking a OT would make sense, especially with the feeling that kyle turley will not be a ram next season, they need stability at the RT position

the jags might take a CB, with them cutting their starters last season, they have a hole to fill there, DL is not a necessity for them since they picked up reggie hayward and marcellus wiley

will the ravens take a CB? they already have chris mcalister and samari rolle, they might take a WR to stockpile the weapons for kyle boller to throw to

the seahawks will take a LB, but it could be an ILB like crowder instead of an OLB

the packers will seriously think about picking a QB there, it will be a reach but they need to have a guy learn behind brett favre for a year before taking over after he retires

for us broncs, justin miller would be a good pickup, but i would prefer a guy like mike patterson, because i seriously dont think his lack of size is an issue at all

for the colts, i think any part of defense would be helpful but they may take a CB
                        Member of Warwick University American Football Team in UK
                        http://www.warwickwolves.co.uk

I adopt Erica Weston

Comment

Originally posted by DBfan4lyfe
                          Yeah, I believe that him being 6'4 is more of a disadvantage because he will get caught up alot with his feet, and doesn't have elete speed.

I would either like to have Fabian Washington, Justin Miller, or Thomas Davis. Any one of those three, and I will be happy!
                          what? you think height is a disadvantage? How many times do you see huge athletic recievers jump over corners on one-on-one coverage and make the catch reaching over the corner?

I do think Miller will eventually be the #2 corner..but DB, i think you expect too much out of rookies...they'll need time to devlop...specially at the hardest position in football, CB...

Comment

oh and, pretty good mock all around, but i do have a few problems...I don't think a team will take jones in the first round, and Benson won't go that high...and i think that's it...

Comment

Good mock draft mine looks very simular to that.
                              Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Working...
                              X