No announcement yet.

We are NOT drafting Dline in 1st round.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are NOT drafting Dline in 1st round.

With Shanahan's history of not drafting 1st round dline, and that we have 18 dlineman on the roster, we are not drafting dline. Our first pick will be one of four, Jamaal Brown, Khalif Barnes, Justin Miller, Marlin Jackson.
    The three Keys to football
    1. Turnovers
    2. Field Position
    3. Red Zone Play

Originally posted by BroncoRT
    With Shanahan's history of not drafting 1st round dline, and that we have 18 dlineman on the roster, we are not drafting dline. Our first pick will be one of four, Jamaal Brown, Khalif Barnes, Justin Miller, Marlin Jackson.
    It still could be someone that drops to us, or a good DL is their Shan is smart enough to take him.
    Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Originally posted by GridironChamp
      It still could be someone that drops to us, or a good DL is their Shan is smart enough to take him.
      Maybe if James, Spears, or Pollack drop to us.
      1. Turnovers
      2. Field Position
      3. Red Zone Play

Comment

Maybe if James, Spears, or Pollack drop to us.
        Yaeh those are posibilities.
        Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Shanny's history of not drafting D linemen in the first is exactly why they SHOULD draft a D lineman in the first, or second if there's no one worthy. 18 D lineman doesn't mean jack if there's only 2 or 3 that actually belong on an nfl roster. It's called training camp fodder.

I like my defensive tackles like I like my women: well over 300 lbs.
          ABWRFRC

Comment

Originally posted by PRBronco
            Shanny's history of not drafting D linemen in the first is exactly why they SHOULD draft a D lineman in the first, or second if there's no one worthy. 18 D lineman doesn't mean jack if there's only 2 or 3 that actually belong on an nfl roster. It's called training camp fodder.
            precisely, we have upgraded a big proportion of our DL this offseason, but how many guys actually belong on our roster

also, with the history of injuries of the guys like brown, wouldnt it make more sense to have good backups who can play, rather than scrubs who will drop the production of the DL majorly, because injuries happen, and you win by having guys being able to step in and play up to a high standard, so it would make sense for us to draft DL, create good depth there, good insurance in case guys gets injured, making our defence much better
            Member of Warwick University American Football Team in UK
            http://www.warwickwolves.co.uk

I adopt Erica Weston

Comment

I know we need dline, but if they are not first or even second round worthy why draft them. We can get quality players at other positions. This draft is deep in DB's and if we get two first day db's in the draft that will be great. The dline was addressed already with all the freaking Browns. If one of the big five are there (James, Spears, Merriman, D.Cody, Pollack) then draft them, but they are going to be gone. After them there is a big drop off. Tuck, S.Cody, D Ware, T. Johnson, M. Roth are second round material.
              1. Turnovers
              2. Field Position
              3. Red Zone Play

Comment

I know we need dline, but if they are not first or even second round worthy why draft them. We can get quality players at other positions. This draft is deep in DB's and if we get two first day db's in the draft that will be great. The dline was addressed already with all the freaking Browns. If one of the big five are there (James, Spears, Merriman, D.Cody, Pollack) then draft them, but they are going to be gone. After them there is a big drop off. Tuck, S.Cody, D Ware, T. Johnson, M. Roth are second round material.
                I disagree, but to each his own.

ABWRFRC

Comment

For the record, here's the non D line picks that we could make that wouldn't suck:
                  David Baas
                  Khalif Barnes
                  Jamaal Brown
                  Chris Spencer (if they feel he can be a good guard)
                  Brodney Pool
                  and if they absolutely insist on picking a corner, even though it's absurd to do so, I could deal with carlos rogers or justin miller, but not fabian washington

ABWRFRC

Comment

Yes we are.

Comment

For the record, here's the non D line picks that we could make that wouldn't suck:
                      David Baas
                      Khalif Barnes
                      Jamaal Brown
                      Chris Spencer (if they feel he can be a good guard)
                      Brodney Pool
                      and if they absolutely insist on picking a corner, even though it's absurd to do so, I could deal with carlos rogers or justin miller, but not fabian washington
                      I agree with the above if we don't take dline.

I would take one of the better tackles of T. Johnson of FS or USC's Peterson.
                      I would also be happy with a top flight DE but I doubt thay will fall.

Here is the deal: Someone on the list above will fall to us due to numbers. Some mocks have the 3 OTs going before the 25 pick and other after. If they go before, then we have a shot at a top Dline. Otherwise a good corner will drop to us. Don't fear whats left, fear what Shanny WILL pick.
                      Broncos forever!! :clap:
                      \

Me and my daughter, Christmas eve 2006

My wife and my daughter, same game against the Bengals.

:wave:

Comment

In last years draft Shanahan would have taken Tommy Harris if was available.
                        John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                          In last years draft Shanahan would have taken Tommy Harris if was available.
                          I agree, but now I am glad we got DJ.
                          Broncos forever!! :clap:
                          \

Me and my daughter, Christmas eve 2006

My wife and my daughter, same game against the Bengals.

:wave:

Comment

friggin Shanny

If we don't take a friggin d-lineman in the friggin 1st round, I'll be friggin pissed.

Comment

the thread is 100 right on the dot we have so many d-line now that theres not way we draft on also with pryce stayin this makes it that much more less likely...i still want pool as our saftey

Comment

Working...
                              X