Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Mock for the first three rounds

Round 1

Thomas Davis S, Georgia 6-1 230. This guy is an absolute monster and could really make a difference on our team. He has great size and athleticism and is a home run hitter down in the box. He has great speed and great upside and while not exactly the best cover safety in this draft, has the skills to one day be great, and already is a very good centerfielder type safety. He has an outstanding work ethic and makes those around him better by being a great leader on the field. Will work hard to be the best player he can be. Some scouts have said he has better physical tools than Roy Williams and Sean Taylor did coming out of college.

Round 2

Vincent Jackson WR, Nothern Colorado 6-5 240. This guy may very well be the biggest sleeper in the entire draft. He has incredible size and his athleticism is off the charts for a guy this big. He has been clocked under 4.5 in the 40 and he has long arms and huge hands to pluck the ball out of the air. Has the siize and strenght to downright overpower cbs off the line, and size, athleticism, and long arms to outjump then, especially in the red zone, our offense's biggest area of need last year. He has very big and good hands and right now, there is no wide receiver on this roster who has shown they can be a true #1 after Rod retires, Jackson may very well be the next TO, a little known WR with immense physical skills who ends up being a top tier player.

Round 3
    a)
    Scott Young OG, BYU 6-4 312. As of right now there is very little depth along the offensive line, specifically in the middle at guard. There is no doubt that o-line will be adressed during the draft because we need to get younger soon along the line. Young has very good size and is an absolute monster in the weight room. He blew scouts away with 43 bench press reps at the combine, then ran a 4.9. He has the athleticism to fit perfectly into our scheme. He is a little raw and may need a year to learn the position but is a definite upgrade.

b)
    Andrew Walter QB, Arizona State 6-6 233. Another great sleeper in this year's draft. Walter has first round talent and fell because of injuries and departed teamates this past season. Is good friends with the snake and is a Colorado native. He has the biggest and strongest arm in this draft and helped put to rest his alleged lack of mobility by running a 4.8 at his pro day. He broke all of Plummer's records at ASU and is a total film junkie, knows the ins and outs of the game and is a student of it, which is one of the most important parts of being a great QB.

Zero Wing, the greatest Japanese to English translation ever...

Originally posted by Milehigh117
    Round 1

Thomas Davis S, Georgia 6-1 230.
    You know, while we could go many directions in the first round, I would not be disappointed with this pick. He might need a year to get up to speed in pass coverage, and there will be growing pains, but it could be worth it in the long run.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
      You know, while we could go many directions in the first round, I would not be disappointed with this pick. He might need a year to get up to speed in pass coverage, and there will be growing pains, but it could be worth it in the long run.

Thomas Davis at 25 would be a steal. He's a young John Lynch clone, which is good.

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
        Thomas Davis at 25 would be a steal. He's a young John Lynch clone, which is good.
        Davis is an Atwater clone, he would be great!

Oh, and the only pick I disagree with is Walter... I'd rather have McPherson.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DBfan4lyfe
          Oh, and the only pick I disagree with is Walter... I'd rather have McPherson.
          any particular reason? IMO Walter is one of the most under rated players in the draft...

agreed with davis on how he should be great though...but i don't think we need him, or draft him...we saw last year how two strong saftys will not work...plus i don't think he'll be there at 25 anyway
          Last edited by EddyMac87; 04-09-2005, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EddyMac87
            any particular reason? IMO Walter is one of the most under rated players in the draft...

agreed with davis on how he should be great though...but i don't think we need him, or draft him...we saw last year how two strong saftys will not work...
            McPherson has a hell of an arm and can rollout and scramble. He's a typical Denver quarterback... I also wouldn't mind sticking with Mauck for our franchise QB.

I'd love to keep Davis for antoher 2 years on the bench until Lynch retires. Then in 4-5 years have LeSueur take Fergusons spot when Nick retires... That's two amazing potential safties!
            sigpic

Comment

Wow i cant believe it im agreeing with DB here! If davis were to fall to us it would be a steal, but if we should take him is a different story. It all depends on who is left on the board, but with davis slipping that far alont of other ppl most already be gone. I would take him, unless jammal brown is still on the board
              Texas Bronco Fan

Comment

If Davis falls that far, yeah.

Vincent Jackson at #56 -- no and I've already explained why around a thousand times.

Young is not a third rounder. Look for him in the late fourth to early fifth rounds.

Andrew Walter is underrated but I'm also worried about his injury. I don't think that McPherson will be there then, so I probably wouldn't draft him. It seems to be that people think getting Van Pelt and Mauck were complete steals and could be the future of the Broncos when Plummer hangs it up.

I'd be very upset with this mock.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncology

Vincent Jackson at #56 -- no and I've already explained why around a thousand times.

Young is not a third rounder. Look for him in the late fourth to early fifth rounds.

Andrew Walter is underrated but I'm also worried about his injury. I don't think that McPherson will be there then, so I probably wouldn't draft him. It seems to be that people think getting Van Pelt and Mauck were complete steals and could be the future of the Broncos when Plummer hangs it up.

I'd be very upset with this mock.
                  agreed...specially with Jackson not being worth a second round pick

Comment

I explained why I want jackson, can you explain why you don't? A lot of people are considering him first round talent, so the late second round is not bad at all. Also, Young has been rising up boards due to his workouts, but another option at guard is C.J. Brooks from Maryland who is a little less athletic than young, but far more experienced and technically refined.

Comment

Originally posted by Milehigh117
                      I explained why I want jackson, can you explain why you don't? A lot of people are considering him first round talent, so the late second round is not bad at all. Also, Young has been rising up boards due to his workouts, but another option at guard is C.J. Brooks from Maryland who is a little less athletic than young, but far more experienced and technically refined.
                      It's because Jackson is out of Northern Colorado. He rarely played against other NFL-talent. That makes him a gamble. If we were going to take a reciever second round, there are about 4 or 5 I would take before him.

Comment

Just because they don't play top quality talent doesnt mean they won't be good. Here's a few examples of great receivers who came from lower levels of competition.

Rod Smith- Missouri Southern State
                        Terrell Owens- Tennessee- Chattanooga
                        Randy Moss- Marshall (which was I-AA when he played there)
                        Jerry Rice- Mississippi Valley State
                        Jimmy Smith- Jackson State
                        Shannon Sharpe- Savannah State (college WR)
                        Troy Brown- Marshall

And those are just the active ones(except for sharpe). I can't accept the fact that a player played at a lower level of competition as an excuse anymore, there have been way too many successful wide receivers who have that knock who have dominated in the NFL. It is impossible to ignore a players obvious physical abilities just because of the team they played on in college.

Comment

Those players are few and far between and Vincent Jackson isn't even close. He's way too inconsistent, look at some other threads. There are FEW people considering him first round talent.

Comment

Where do you get that he's inconsistent. Here are his season stats.

rec yds tds

Game 1 2 8 0
                            Game 2 2 15 0
                            Game 3 8 127 1
                            Game 4 15 227 1
                            Game 5 9 246 3
                            Game 6 6 138 1
                            Game 7 10 228 2
                            Game 8 8 132 0
                            Game 9 9 82 2
                            Game 10 5 98 0
                            Game 11 6 81 1

Total 80 1382 11

And in 2003 he had 66 receptions for 1462 yds and 21 TDs

Those numbers show not only consistency, but they are downright mind boggling. Those statistics prove that he dominate his competition on a game by game basis (except for the first two in 2004).

Comment

I would love it if it all happend like this on draft day!!!! i like all your picks and with what pick they went to V Jackson will be great.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X