Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Milehigh117
    Round 1

Thomas Davis S, Georgia 6-1 230. This guy is an absolute monster and could really make a difference on our team. He has great size and athleticism and is a home run hitter down in the box. He has great speed and great upside and while not exactly the best cover safety in this draft, has the skills to one day be great, and already is a very good centerfielder type safety. He has an outstanding work ethic and makes those around him better by being a great leader on the field. Will work hard to be the best player he can be. Some scouts have said he has better physical tools than Roy Williams and Sean Taylor did coming out of college.

Round 2

Vincent Jackson WR, Nothern Colorado 6-5 240. This guy may very well be the biggest sleeper in the entire draft. He has incredible size and his athleticism is off the charts for a guy this big. He has been clocked under 4.5 in the 40 and he has long arms and huge hands to pluck the ball out of the air. Has the siize and strenght to downright overpower cbs off the line, and size, athleticism, and long arms to outjump then, especially in the red zone, our offense's biggest area of need last year. He has very big and good hands and right now, there is no wide receiver on this roster who has shown they can be a true #1 after Rod retires, Jackson may very well be the next TO, a little known WR with immense physical skills who ends up being a top tier player.

Round 3
    a)
    Scott Young OG, BYU 6-4 312. As of right now there is very little depth along the offensive line, specifically in the middle at guard. There is no doubt that o-line will be adressed during the draft because we need to get younger soon along the line. Young has very good size and is an absolute monster in the weight room. He blew scouts away with 43 bench press reps at the combine, then ran a 4.9. He has the athleticism to fit perfectly into our scheme. He is a little raw and may need a year to learn the position but is a definite upgrade.

b)
    Andrew Walter QB, Arizona State 6-6 233. Another great sleeper in this year's draft. Walter has first round talent and fell because of injuries and departed teamates this past season. Is good friends with the snake and is a Colorado native. He has the biggest and strongest arm in this draft and helped put to rest his alleged lack of mobility by running a 4.8 at his pro day. He broke all of Plummer's records at ASU and is a total film junkie, knows the ins and outs of the game and is a student of it, which is one of the most important parts of being a great QB.
    decent draft, but i dont think thomas davis will fall this far, NO saints are enamored with this guy because they have needs at safety / LB and davis can provide depth for either position

vincent jackson, i dont really like that pick, he has the physicals but hes unpolished and played against lower level competition, there are better players at the bottom of round 2 we can take

i think scott young is a bit of a workout warrior, he may be athletic but there are guards at the bottom of the third who can potential come and start, so we can get better value for our pick there

andrew walter may be a possibility, but are we desperate for a QB? and i heard that the broncos were really interested in ryan fitzpatrick, but will he fall to our 6th round pick? or will we reach with the comp pick
    Member of Warwick University American Football Team in UK
    http://www.warwickwolves.co.uk

I adopt Erica Weston

Comment

Working...
    X