Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THIS guy could be a FANTASTIC pick for us

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • THIS guy could be a FANTASTIC pick for us

    http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8365275

    we NEED an under tackle on the DL to go with WARREN (NT) an PRYCE/BROWN at DE.

    he will probably fall to us at pick #25 and as the article says - he DOMINATED every game for the best team in college.

    this pick makes perfect sense as there is no good coverage safety worth picking at #25, WR is not needed as we have alot of good young talent and shanny has said then when rod goes he will look to FA. the CB position is set.

    the ONLY other position that would make sense is OT (BAAS is good but #25 for a guard????? NO!) and the ONLY OT that i think suits the denver broncos is BROWN and he will probably be gone.

    unless pollack, spears or james drops to us look for patterson to be the guy.

  • #2
    Originally posted by bronx_2003
    http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8365275

    we NEED an under tackle on the DL to go with WARREN (NT) an PRYCE/BROWN at DE.

    he will probably fall to us at pick #25 and as the article says - he DOMINATED every game for the best team in college.

    this pick makes perfect sense as there is no good coverage safety worth picking at #25, WR is not needed as we have alot of good young talent and shanny has said then when rod goes he will look to FA. the CB position is set.

    the ONLY other position that would make sense is OT (BAAS is good but #25 for a guard????? NO!) and the ONLY OT that i think suits the denver broncos is BROWN and he will probably be gone.

    unless pollack, spears or james drops to us look for patterson to be the guy.
    Thanks...... Yea id select him. We should keep an eye on him.

    Comment


    • #3
      im liking him more and more as i think about it

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by bronx_2003
        im liking him more and more as i think about it
        Think he could be another steal? Like Darius?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by B4Bronco16
          Think he could be another steal? Like Darius?
          darius......????? jags safety?? darius watts?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by bronx_2003
            darius......????? jags safety?? darius watts?
            Darius Watts my man!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by B4Bronco16
              Darius Watts my man!
              watts was not a steal...maybe even a reach. but he did well in his rookie year and should be a really good WR for us in the upcoming years

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by bronx_2003
                watts was not a steal...maybe even a reach. but he did well in his rookie year and should be a really good WR for us in the upcoming years
                Many people thought watts was a steal in the draft. Didnt we get him in the 3rd or 2nd?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by B4Bronco16
                  Many people thought watts was a steal in the draft. Didnt we get him in the 3rd or 2nd?
                  pick 2b i believe....he was projected as a third rounder

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I think Mat'hir and I have been firm supporters of Patterson since we've known eachother. I know he's Mat'hir's baby. He's a close third after Barber III and Shaun Cody to me.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Black59Razor
                      You could not be more wrong. The biggest need on D-line is a pass rush threat, which means a DE
                      arrogance.......thy name is razor

                      i know you want ware (an ian gold clone) - too small for DL so we get another LB!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        watts was a reach, but he was byron leftwich's main target at marshall and got him all his numbers, so he's a talent and when he developes he'll be good

                        as for mike patterson, i'd be happy if we drafted him with our first, same with shaun cody
                        Member of Warwick University American Football Team in UK
                        http://www.warwickwolves.co.uk

                        I adopt Erica Weston

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by B4Bronco16
                          Many people thought watts was a steal in the draft. Didnt we get him in the 3rd or 2nd?
                          I don't know who those many people were. Most draft gurus criticized us for taking him this early. He was not going to be picked until the very late third or fourth round. There is not a draft expert around that thought he wouldn't have been there with our next pick. We should have waited and picked him up one round later.

                          Patterson would be the same thing guys. Everyone has him as a second round pick and most in the 40-50 range. This would be a reach. I really like the guy also but not in the first round. If we were going to do this then we should reach on Bass or Johnson on the OL. They would be the same type of reach as Patterson.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by myoung
                            I don't know who those many people were. Most draft gurus criticized us for taking him this early. He was not going to be picked until the very late third or fourth round. There is not a draft expert around that thought he wouldn't have been there with our next pick. We should have waited and picked him up one round later.

                            Patterson would be the same thing guys. Everyone has him as a second round pick and most in the 40-50 range. This would be a reach. I really like the guy also but not in the first round. If we were going to do this then we should reach on Bass or Johnson on the OL. They would be the same type of reach as Patterson.
                            I'm with myoung on this one. I don't see a great difference between Patterson and Babineaux, and like Babineaux better. While I think it is more likely that Patterson will be gone before our second, I wouldn't be suprised to see both sitting there when we pick in the second. For all of his positives, you cannot discount his size. Compare him to McFarland all you want, but look at McFarland's injury history too. Smaller players that use quickness and penetration as their main tools are more prone to wear and tear. After all, it isn't like Patterson is built like Booger Kennedy, his size is on par for a one gap tackle.

                            I don't dislike Patterson, but in the first round, you are taking a big gamble. I'd rather role the dice in the second and aim for Patterson or Babineaux, I think you'll find at least one still there.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by OhNoKoolAid
                              I'm with myoung on this one. I don't see a great difference between Patterson and Babineaux, and like Babineaux better. While I think it is more likely that Patterson will be gone before our second, I wouldn't be suprised to see both sitting there when we pick in the second. For all of his positives, you cannot discount his size. Compare him to McFarland all you want, but look at McFarland's injury history too. Smaller players that use quickness and penetration as their main tools are more prone to wear and tear. After all, it isn't like Patterson is built like Booger Kennedy, his size is on par for a one gap tackle.

                              I don't dislike Patterson, but in the first round, you are taking a big gamble. I'd rather role the dice in the second and aim for Patterson or Babineaux, I think you'll find at least one still there.
                              Don't compare patterson to booger mcfarland, a much more apt comparison is warren sapp. I think he's a lot closer to the type of player we'd be getting if we draft him, minus the annoying mouth. There's a reason they call him baby sapp and not baby booger.

                              And there's a world of difference between him and babineaux. Not in style of play, but in that patterson is 3 inches shorter, but 5 pounds heavier, while running similar 40 times. That's a heck of a lot more muscle.

                              I like my defensive tackles like I like my women: well over 300 lbs.
                              ABWRFRC

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X