THIS guy could be a FANTASTIC pick for us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PRBronco
    Don't compare patterson to booger mcfarland, a much more apt comparison is warren sapp. I think he's a lot closer to the type of player we'd be getting if we draft him, minus the annoying mouth. There's a reason they call him baby sapp and not baby booger.

And there's a world of difference between him and babineaux. Not in style of play, but in that patterson is 3 inches shorter, but 5 pounds heavier, while running similar 40 times. That's a heck of a lot more muscle.
    You are assuming to much. Why Sapp over McFarland? Sapp is three inches taller and ten pounds heavier, and not only is Patterson almost identical to McFarland in size, but also in skill set. A nickname means nothing. Have you seen "little Jordan"? The kid can't even dunk, he only makes free throws.

Ask anyone who follows the draft closely on this board, including M Gan, Patterson's biggest supporter, and they will concur that McFarland is a more apt comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by OhNoKoolAid
      You are assuming to much. Why Sapp over McFarland? Sapp is three inches taller and ten pounds heavier, and not only is Patterson almost identical to McFarland in size, but also in skill set. A nickname means nothing. Have you seen "little Jordan"? The kid can't even dunk, he only makes free throws.

Ask anyone who follows the draft closely on this board, including M Gan, Patterson's biggest supporter, and they will concur that McFarland is a more apt comparison.
      No way sapp is 6'2", he's 6'1" at the most, and is fat now, we're talkin bout his college and early pro years, when he could actually play, at 300. And everywhere i've looked, despite his 17 sacks in college, booger was touted as a hole clogging run stopper, not a pass rusher a la sapp. Now compare that with what people are saying about patterson, that he might not "hold up against the run" and is a penetrating one gap tackle.

I dunno man, i'm just goin off what i read. You sure that MGan would liken him to booger? MGan's posts are what turned me into a fan of patterson. Now razor, he's got some hate on for him, keeps comparing him to that short guy from penn state on the niners.

I like my defensive tackles like I like my women: well over 300 lbs.
      ABWRFRC

Comment

Originally posted by PRBronco
        No way sapp is 6'2", he's 6'1" at the most, and is fat now, we're talkin bout his college and early pro years, when he could actually play, at 300. And everywhere i've looked, despite his 17 sacks in college, booger was touted as a hole clogging run stopper, not a pass rusher a la sapp. Now compare that with what people are saying about patterson, that he might not "hold up against the run" and is a penetrating one gap tackle.

I dunno man, i'm just goin off what i read. You sure that MGan would liken him to booger? MGan's posts are what turned me into a fan of patterson. Now razor, he's got some hate on for him, keeps comparing him to that short guy from penn state on the niners.
        Anthony Adams, yes, scouts compare him to Anthony Adams, who was a second rounder taken by San Francisco. Yes, M'Gan has compared him to McFarland, and uses McFarland to justify taking Patterson in the first round. Patterson is compared to Sapp by his teammates because he is a one gap penetrating tackle lacking ideal size, but the comparison to McFarland is closer because Patterson in comparison because thw two are vastly undersized, good athletes, and good run defenders on the move. Nobody would mistake McFarland with a wide bodied, two gap, hole plugging, run stopper.

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003
          arrogance.......thy name is razor

i know you want ware (an ian gold clone) - too small for DL so we get another LB!
          Broncos forever!! :clap:
          \

Me and my daughter, Christmas eve 2006

My wife and my daughter, same game against the Bengals.

:wave:

Comment

Patterson would make sense since he is a pocket collapser, a key to making our line vastly superior. We have the ends, now go interior.

Pryce, Warren, Patterson, Brown
            while subbing Davis and Myers in on rest plays. We could 4 DT in, in some modes just to stuff short yardage. Stupid, I know but a thought.

If we dominate the line, we dominate the game. Walls will look like a superstar after this season. I just hope we pick his replacement in the second or third round and dont pay the huge salery he will want.
            Broncos forever!! :clap:
            \

Me and my daughter, Christmas eve 2006

My wife and my daughter, same game against the Bengals.

:wave:

Comment

Mike Patterson is only similar to McFarland in size. Warren Sapp is similar size as well, as is Kelly Gregg.

Mike Patterson annhiliates all of them in strength and leverage. The man benches 500 and squats 700. He ran a 4.9 40 and is amazingly quick. He destroyed all his opponents in every single game his college career. He was unblockable and unstoppable. He was the leader of USC for 3 seasons and his coach thinks he's tbe best DT he's ever seen.

Mike Patterson has a strong wrestling background and does not get overwhelmed or out manuvered by bigger lineman. Look at his college career, nobody stopped him.

He is the absolute pass rushing DT in this draft and would have been the best pass rushing tackle in last years draft.

He's a rare athlete, just like Sapp, that comes along once every couple years. The draft experts are discounting him due to his size, I doubt the GMs make that mistake.

Based on production and skills, he's a rare pass rushing speciman.

John Babineaux is not even close, but he's definitely the 2nd best pass rushing threat. I would have no problem if we ended up with him in the 2nd round, but I dont think he will slip that far. There are not alot of pass rushing DTs available, ever. And many teams need them. I think teams learned by passing on Starks and Dockett last season. They won't make the same mistake again.

Comment

Working...
              X