Broncos Mock- Positional Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos Mock- Positional Options

Without knowing who will fall to 25, which will have a domino effect on what position we look at in each round, here's a list of some need positions specific to that round and who I think would be the best available player for those positions in each round.

1st round, pick 25:
    OL- K. Barnes, WASH
    DL- M. Patterson/S. Cody, USC
    WR- M. Clayton, OKL
    DB- B. Pool, S, OKL

2nd round, pick 56:
    OL- E. Mathis, ALA
    DL- J. Babineaux, Iowa
    WR- V. Jackson, UNC
    DB- C. Webster, LSU/ B. McFadden, FSU / J. Bullocks, NEB

3rd round, picks 97/101:
    OL- M. Munoz, TEN / R. Willis, FSU
    DL- J. Welsh, WIS / J. Haye, VAN / B. Swancutt, OSU
    WR- M. Bradley, OKL / C. Thorpe, FSU / C. Roby, IND
    DB- A. Perkins, OKL / G. Senabaugh, NC

6th round:
    TE- B. Scaife, TEX
    DB- M. Underwood, UCF
    OL- S. Young, BYU

7th round:
    OL- J. Clinkscale, WIS / D. Gandy, TTech
    DL- A. Duckett, TTech
    RB- B. Jacobs, SIU
    WR- C. Owens, Hawaii

I would be "hopeful" for the draft class to fall something like this.
    1. K. Barnes, OT
    2. J. Babineaux, DT
    3. M. Bradley, WR
    3. A. Perkins, PR, CB
    6. M. Underwood, S
    7. A. Duckett, DE

looks ok except for 2 things,cory webster from LSU will not fall to the 2nd round and Chad Owens from Hawaii is the smallest WR in the draft but wont fall past the 4th round.other than that i like it.

Comment

I agree with you a lot here, but I believe Babineaux is a third round prospect.

Especially with Castillo, Hawthorne, Patterson and Mosley ahead of him.

Comment

Great job man, I would have no problem with any of those picks.

I like my defensive tackles like I like my women: well over 300 lbs.
        ABWRFRC

Comment

Originally posted by Diggs4
          looks ok except for 2 things,cory webster from LSU will not fall to the 2nd round and Chad Owens from Hawaii is the smallest WR in the draft but wont fall past the 4th round.other than that i like it.
          You are wrong on both accounts and believe that if both the players you mentioned land in the rounds you predict, they will be reaches at best. Webster's speed and injury plagued senior season will push him into the mid second round at the earliest. Wide reciever is way too deep for a small, slow reciever with average production in a heavy passing offense to go in the first four rounds. You must be a Hawaii fan.

Comment

We need a QB
            Does it bother you that a Bronco fan might like a NON Bronco? Deal with it!

Making fun of career threatening accidents because you dont agree with me is fun, right? Losers...

Comment

Great post, i totally agree with your logic. This draft will definitely play out based on who we take first. There might be a big run on DBs, Recievers, or Linemen early on, so we'll just have to wait and see who falls to us. Just hope we get the right guys (whoever they may be) at the right times (whenever that may be). I am still not opposed to trading out of the 1st and trying load up on 2nd and 3rd rounders because beyond the top-10 picks, there isn't much obvious 1st round talent in this draft, and there are probably 80 solid 2nd/3rd round guys, any of whom will end up going higher than usual. Why not acquire some more picks in this range? Ah hell, what do i know, just my 2¢ worth...

Comment

Working...
              X