With all the picks we can......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With all the picks we can......

With all the picks the Broncos have they can always trade back into the first round if theres somebody they really want. Its unlikely it will happen, but just something to think about.

"The Dayne agreement"

Originally posted by Iceman_44b
    With all the picks the Broncos have they can always trade back into the first round if theres somebody they really want. Its unlikely it will happen, but just something to think about.

There isnt anyone that we REALLY want in the first round of course. I couldnt be happier with this trade. We now have the Fore. . I mean the Red Skins 1st rounder, its not like GB or Phili, Its a team that is looking at 8-8 as a major accomplishment.
    visit the best website on earth

Critical Table

Comment

True, or they can go after players in trades. I have been trying to put a list of athletes currently that want traded, or a team might trade due to athletes unhappiness with his team. I will post it soon, funny one is a Redskin's receiver whom is a possession type receiver and that is Rod Gardner! Could Denver and Washington be trading again soon??? Shanahan should try while Washington is jumping up and down over having two 1st round picks! Gardner is proven, he is young and he wants out of Washington. He could be worth the 2nd round pick, and with how Denver is trading they could probably nail Washington with next years 2nd rounder, but Denver has been coveting V. Jackson, for draft purposes or for the fact he is a local, I think if Jackson is not in Denver during the next camp, he would be severly dissapointed. But like I always say it is anyone's guess right now. Hell we could trade for Surtain, I do not think so, but we could go after Buchanon from Oakland with the 2nd round pick also. Denver also has the ability now to trade a 1st rounder for a top notch player, and some think Pryce could still be a casualty in a trade this season, I doubt it, but in the end anything is possible.
      We Buc, We Bronc And Now We Bite... Go BroncDawgs!

Defense brings the pain but linbackers bring the terror!!!

Sig By SNK16

Comment

Maybe they will trade some mid/low round picks for another 2nd pick.

IMHO It's hard to believe that Shanahan didn't like any prospects for the 1st round.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoInATL

IMHO It's hard to believe that Shanahan didn't like any prospects for the 1st round.
          I like this trade but its very unsual for Shanahan, hes obiviously got his eye on someone in next seasons draft class. And I must admitt this is gonna be a very exciting season not only for us as denver fans but for us as Washington bashers!

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoInATL

I guess that came out wrong.

There wasnt anyone at 25 that really caught Shannys eye. General Manager Ted Sundquist. "Then you look at the rest of the roster and the question becomes, 'Is there a guy who at the No. 25 pick could make a significant impact immediately?' There were some guys that we felt like could make a significant impact on our football team, but we weren't overly confident that they would be there at the 25th pick."

Thats what I meant. BTW what a killer trade!!!
            visit the best website on earth

Critical Table

Comment

I don't think Shanahan has his eye on anyone in particular next year. I think he didn't want to pay the price for the pick in the first round this year. I think the bottom line is that we didn't have any of the guys rated any higher than the second rounders so why spend the first round money.

Next year will be a different story and we have flexibility to do what we need to.

Comment

Originally posted by myoung
                I don't think Shanahan has his eye on anyone in particular next year. I think he didn't want to pay the price for the pick in the first round this year. I think the bottom line is that we didn't have any of the guys rated any higher than the second rounders so why spend the first round money.

Next year will be a different story and we have flexibility to do what we need to.
                Especially if the target is cornerback. What is the main difference between Justin Miller, Corey Webster, Fabian Washington, Bryan McFadden, Eric Green, Marlin Jackson, Antonio Perkins, Eric Collins and Darrent Williams. The answer is; not much. So after the big three leave the board, you have around nine players with similar grades, and could expect one to easily fall to pick 56. I'd expect Miller, Webster and perhaps Jackson to be gone, but Eric Green brings more cover ability to the nickel slot, and Bryan McFadden is a bigger, stronger, faster, better version of Kelly Herndon. So there is easy value at the corner position that isn't far off the value of a corner at the 25th pick, the main difference in value is monetary.

Comment

Working...
                X