Shoulda kept our pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoulda kept our pick

I dont think trading our 1st round pick to the redskins was a good idea. we still had a chance to get an impact player with that pick.With our luck the redskins are gonna kick ass this season

I don't think getting 3 picks for one pick is ever bad especially when one of them was a first rounder.
    BRONCOS fan is in my blood!
    IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/vannote/cutlersig.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Hey, even if the Redskins win the Super Bowl, we'd drop a maximum of 7 spots in draft positions BUT we also picked up a 3rd and 4th round pick to make up for it. If the Redskins fail to make the playoffs, then we royally screwed the 'Skins.

Basically, this trade has a great chance of being robbery on our part with almost no downside.

As for getting an impact player this year, the Broncos obviously didn't feel that there is likely to be anybody available at #25 that is all that much better than what they can get in the second and third rounds.

While the draft this year won't be as exciting now, I think this was a great move and will make next year's draft really fun for Broncos fans.
      "You can't take the sky from me..."
      ------
      "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

i wouldnt bet on it too much, for me the skins have a few holes to fill

losing a starting corner who played great last year is definitely a tough one, they dont really have anybody already there to fill that gap, so it'll probably be a rookie but as we all know, rookie CB's just get burned a lot, they WILL give up plays just because the jump from college to pros is especially tough for the CBs

they also lost their MLB antonio pierce who although wasnt spectacular, made all the plays they need, they have someone already there to fill that position, michael barrow, except hes been injured a lot and will be a doubt, so unless they draft a guy or have someone step up, that could be a weakness

their DL also isnt very potent, its steady but doesnt get much pass rush, which is why the skins are desperate for a DE in the draft, possibly what they are going to take at #25 pick

on the O side, they have patrick ramsey being the starter, he will still make the mistakes and he doesnt have great weapons, portis will bring the ground game, but their receiving corps is very limited, santana moss is a deep threat, nothing more and david patten is a decent player but is not particularly large, they lack a big target in the red zone

so they are a solid team, but they are lacking some pieces, which i dont think will all be filled unless they have an exceptional draft
        Member of Warwick University American Football Team in UK
        http://www.warwickwolves.co.uk

I adopt Erica Weston

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
          While the draft this year won't be as exciting now, I think this was a great move and will make next year's draft really fun for Broncos fans.
          100% agree. Thats why we did the trade.

Comment

Originally posted by cheach
            I dont think trading our 1st round pick to the redskins was a good idea. we still had a chance to get an impact player with that pick.With our luck the redskins are gonna kick ass this season
            Even when we pull off a really good move I guess everyone isn't going to be happy. This is hands down our best move of the off season and we still have dissenters. Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by myoung
              Even when we pull off a really good move I guess everyone isn't going to be happy. This is hands down our best move of the off season and we still have dissenters. Oh well.
              Ain't it the truth. If they won the lottery they would complain about having to wait so long to win it.

Comment

3 for 1?

The trade was outstanding, as it gives the Broncos a chance at two straight strong drafts. With four picks in the first 101 players this year, they should get some good talent. With 2 #1 picks next year and an extra 4th round pick, they should have alot of options to go after anyone they want. They will get at least one compensation pick next year too. I hope the picks work out, as the decision to trade down may provide the talent needed to reach and win in the Promised Land (Super Bowl). Go Broncos!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Black59Razor
                  This ship has sailed, dude

Haha thats right, it has sailed far far away!!! Lets just hope its not the TITANIC....

Comment

I think the trade was great, and it gives Denver a chance to stretch out this years draft if need be. Denver could trade our original 1st round pick next year for more picks this and next year. And if we do not do that then Denver could walk away with two real good athletes next year. It gave us options, especially with so many needs. I still think Pryce and Fatafehi could be on the trading block tomorrow, we'll just have to wait and see...

Comment

Originally posted by cheach

From what I have read the Broncos felt there were about five guys that could have been that kind of impact player but they wont be available at 25. Also the players from about 20 on down through the second round grade out about the same so it matter of value.

Two first round picks is still two first round picks regardless of how the Skins do and from what I heard so far next years draft appears to much stronger than this year's draft.
                      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by myoung
                        It was good move. What does that give us for next season, at least five picks in the first four rounds and if we get any comp picks that just pure gravy.
                        John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

the whiners are just pissed because they can't watch the broncos pick no. 25 at their little draft party. they have this idea that the draft's good players come only from the first round.

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
                            the whiners are just pissed because they can't watch the broncos pick no. 25 at their little draft party. they have this idea that the draft's good players come only from the first round.
                            I would take two 2nd round picks or four 3rd round picks over a 1st round pick any day of the week. And I still think Denver wants to get another 2nd or 3rd round pick tomorrow!
                            We Buc, We Bronc And Now We Bite... Go BroncDawgs!

Defense brings the pain but linbackers bring the terror!!!

Sig By SNK16

Comment

Originally posted by Denver-D-Dawg
                              I would take two 2nd round picks or four 3rd round picks over a 1st round pick any day of the week. And I still think Denver wants to get another 2nd or 3rd round pick tomorrow!
                              Yes we get the skins third tomorrow. We also get the first and fourth rounder next year. This is a good move for us. Excellent post. I agree with your view of the trade.

Comment

Working...
                              X