McPherson the future? plz bash plummer if u want

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McPherson the future? plz bash plummer if u want

I would love to see this kid under center for the Broncos. He's fast, agile, and can make something out of nothing. This kid reminds me so much of Elway its crazy, he has a cannon for an arm and is accurate on the run. Chances are hes goin to be available with our 2nd maybe our 3rd. Not to mention he's only 20 so even if he has to sit a few years get the system down and give enough time for everyone to relize that the snake is not good hes entering hes 10th year has thrown more tds than ints 3 times in his career. If 10 years is not enough time to "develop" than i dont know what is. give me 10 years i can throw us 20 ints if u want. If he wasnt good enough for the flippin' cardinals how is he goin to benifit us? Oh yea Mcpherson also played a year in the AFL so hes got a good feel for the game we have all seen the players that came out well maybe just warner but he was MVP so lets hear it for Mcpherson
    Last edited by dabreeze1984; 04-22-2005, 05:13 PM. Reason: didnt like the words used

Last edited by Denver-D-Dawg; 04-22-2005, 02:56 PM.
    We Buc, We Bronc And Now We Bite... Go BroncDawgs!

Defense brings the pain but linbackers bring the terror!!!

Sig By SNK16

Comment

Originally posted by dabreeze1984
      I would love to see this kid under center for the Broncos. He's fast, agile, and can make something out of nothing. This kid reminds me so much of Elway its crazy, he has a cannon for an arm and is accurate on the run. Chances are hes goin to be available with our 2nd maybe our 3rd. Not to mention he's only 20 so even if he has to sit a few years get the system down and give enough time for everyone to relize that the snake is not good hes entering hes 10th year has thrown more tds than ints 3 times in his career. If 10 years is not enough time to "develop" than i dont know what is.give me 10 years i can throw us 20 ints if u want. If he wasnt good enough for the flippin' cardinals how is he goin to benifit us? Oh yea Mcpherson also played a year in the AFL so hes got a good feel for the game we have all seen the players that came out well maybe just warner but he was MVP so lets hear it for Mcpherson
      Hahahaha.... Enough said... That is hilarious

I would grab him with a 3rd rounder at best, the only other QB I like as much or more is Ryan Fitzpatrick from Harvard, I would be happy with either, guess we'll have to wait and see!
      We Buc, We Bronc And Now We Bite... Go BroncDawgs!

Defense brings the pain but linbackers bring the terror!!!

Sig By SNK16

Comment

Great post!
        Does it bother you that a Bronco fan might like a NON Bronco? Deal with it!

Making fun of career threatening accidents because you dont agree with me is fun, right? Losers...

Comment

I would love to see this kid under center for the Broncos. He's fast, agile, and can make something out of nothing. This kid reminds me so much of Elway its crazy, he has a cannon for an arm and is accurate on the run. Chances are hes goin to be available with our 2nd maybe our 3rd. Not to mention he's only 20 so even if he has to sit a few years get the system down and give enough time for everyone to relize that the snake is not good hes entering hes 10th year has thrown more tds than ints 3 times in his career. If 10 years is not enough time to "develop" than i dont know what is. give me 10 years i can throw us 20 ints if u want. If he wasnt good enough for the flippin' cardinals how is he goin to benifit us? Oh yea Mcpherson also played a year in the AFL so hes got a good feel for the game we have all seen the players that came out well maybe just warner but he was MVP so lets hear it for Mcpherson
          it is true mcpherson is talented, but in some ways hes still a bit of an enigma and just because you have the physical skills does not mean you have the skills on the field and i wouldnt take too much heart into the AFL, the players there are sub standard and much too pass happy, so that inflates his stats in that league

and if you look around there league, there have been many quarterbacks who dont show their true colours until their 30s and become great players, also this will be plummer's 3rd year in the system, this means he should now know the offense like the back of his hand, so this year should see a more confident plummer

also you say that plummer have only threw more tds than ints for 3 seasons of his career, yet he spent 6 years at arizona at one of the worst teams in the leauge with very little weapons, which is a recipe for ints and less tds and if you look at elway's stats it really wasnt until '93 when his stats increased dramatically at which point he was in his 11th year in the league and elway also consistently threw 15-19 ints in the first 10 years of his career so there is no reason why plummer cant get better with age, because a lot of players do do that

also elway is a legend at this franchise and it is very unfair to compare any current QB's to him because there are a lot of if's and but's that just wouldnt work out, it is more healthy if you recognise a player as himself and not try to compare him to this QB, to that QB
          Member of Warwick University American Football Team in UK
          http://www.warwickwolves.co.uk

I adopt Erica Weston

Comment

Comparing QBs is how u get ur point across hes got the same features as Elway did, thats how i got the comparison. With todays nfl we dont have time for a 10 year verteran to "develop" hes either got it or he doesnt and well plummer never had it. i read some of these other post about the broncos takin in outcast and how they hate it but in the same breathe say that plummer is the man. He was an outcast from yes just like u said "the worst team in the nfl." I compare plummer to a very good quality back up thats it nothing more
            Last edited by dabreeze1984; 04-22-2005, 04:06 PM.

Comment

A qb like Elway cannot be compared to any other qb i agree with u on that, however with todays nfl we dont have time for a 10 year verteran to "develop" hes either got it or he doesnt and well plummer never had it. i read some of these other post about the broncos takin in outcast and how they hate it but in the same breathe say that plummer is the man. He was an outcast from yes just like u said "the worst team in the nfl." I compare plummer to a very good quality back up thats it nothing more
              i dont get your reasoning, because we aint talking about developing plummer for the next 10 years, what im getting at is this could be his year, he's going to be in his 3rd year in the system, starting to get comfortable with it, you dont cut a guy after you've left him develope in your system for 2 years and its not like he hasnt shown flashes because he has

and so what if he came from the worst team in the NFL, are you saying that any player drafted or on the worst team of the NFL is completely useless, of course they arent, just because the circumstances were right for him to win, post good stats doesnt necessarily mean hes not a player
              Member of Warwick University American Football Team in UK
              http://www.warwickwolves.co.uk

I adopt Erica Weston

Comment

Originally posted by dbdom
                i dont get your reasoning, because we aint talking about developing plummer for the next 10 years, what im getting at is this could be his year, he's going to be in his 3rd year in the system, starting to get comfortable with it, you dont cut a guy after you've left him develope in your system for 2 years and its not like he hasnt shown flashes because he has

and so what if he came from the worst team in the NFL, are you saying that any player drafted or on the worst team of the NFL is completely useless, of course they arent, just because the circumstances were right for him to win, post good stats doesnt necessarily mean hes not a player
                Some do not think with logic.

Some fall in love with a player and won't think. period. Let it rest. Like arguing with a mule..

I'd be surprised if Mikey took a QB with so many other holes to fill. COnsidering this clowns checkered past and how many time Mikey has been burnt teh only time he plays in DEN is in his normal rotation with whatever team might be dumb enough to take him.

Comment

I dont ever remember saying anything about cutting him, i do remember saying draft this kid let him sit a year or however long it takes for all u plummer lovers to see that he isnt worth the TP i just used. i liked the snake i think he was the best possible player at that position we could have acquired but he has proven himself not able to take us the distance. so we need to change we have 2 young qbs that are developing but one mauck isnt the typical qb that mike likes and van pelt home town boy, but thats all he has goin for him. im tellin u mcpherson is the answer to the future. FYI: i wasnt talkin about developing plummer for the next 10 years, i was saying that its been 10 years and he hasnt changed much from the old plummer so thats not much of a development.

Comment

Originally posted by dbdom
                    it is true mcpherson is talented, but in some ways hes still a bit of an enigma and just because you have the physical skills does not mean you have the skills on the field and i wouldnt take too much heart into the AFL, the players there are sub standard and much too pass happy, so that inflates his stats in that league

and if you look around there league, there have been many quarterbacks who dont show their true colours until their 30s and become great players, also this will be plummer's 3rd year in the system, this means he should now know the offense like the back of his hand, so this year should see a more confident plummer

also you say that plummer have only threw more tds than ints for 3 seasons of his career, yet he spent 6 years at arizona at one of the worst teams in the leauge with very little weapons, which is a recipe for ints and less tds and if you look at elway's stats it really wasnt until '93 when his stats increased dramatically at which point he was in his 11th year in the league and elway also consistently threw 15-19 ints in the first 10 years of his career so there is no reason why plummer cant get better with age, because a lot of players do do that

also elway is a legend at this franchise and it is very unfair to compare any current QB's to him because there are a lot of if's and but's that just wouldnt work out, it is more healthy if you recognise a player as himself and not try to compare him to this QB, to that QB
                    The rejection to your whole arguement = Ben Roethlisberger
                    Does it bother you that a Bronco fan might like a NON Bronco? Deal with it!

Making fun of career threatening accidents because you dont agree with me is fun, right? Losers...

Comment

Ben was a 1-1000000 kind of thing. A talented rookie QB going to a situation that set him up perfectly for him to shine. I agree to picking up McPherson what i dont agree to is giving up on Jake. Give Jake 3 more years or so while McPherson develops and learns the playbook etc. etc. and then he might be ready to start for us and play well. Theres no debating that hes got the physical skills, its whether he can avoid the off the field problems, (which after seeing some of his interviews i think he can) and learn the playbook, become a little more accurate etc. etc. If Denver picks him i guess we'll see.

Comment

I dont ever remember saying anything about cutting him, i do remember saying draft this kid let him sit a year or however long it takes for all u plummer lovers to see that he isnt worth the TP i just used. i liked the snake i think he was the best possible player at that position we could have acquired but he has proven himself not able to take us the distance. so we need to change we have 2 young qbs that are developing but one mauck isnt the typical qb that mike likes and van pelt home town boy, but thats all he has goin for him. im tellin u mcpherson is the answer to the future. FYI: i wasnt talkin about developing plummer for the next 10 years, i was saying that its been 10 years and he hasnt changed much from the old plummer so thats not much of a development.
                        So what happened to him in 2003? Why the dramatic improvement from the years before.

He had talent around him much like Ben and Brady and Manning. So what was the difference between 2003 and last year talent, lets make that exprienced talent. poorti$$$, sharpe, Mike A and time inplace O-line. Not to mention a better D-line although that did not directly affect JAke it did not help this year.

Comment

the only improvement was the tds the ints stayed the same and if the chuck rule wouldnt have wouldnt have been inforced as much as it was in past years plummer wouldnt have even thrown 27 tds. and i dont know who u think u are comparing manning and brady to plummer hahah so say ur right he did have the same talent as those other guys haha well he still didnt get the job done jake is a 10 year vet that we all are hoping can put us over the top, haha but he wont and never will im not sayint that mcpherson would and will im just sayin that he as the oppurtunity to throw just as many picks as plummer with that age to get better TIM COUCH never threw 20 picks in one season. i mean to think that anyone can make a argument for plummer makes me laugh. i love to argue so please get ahold of me so we cant talk about this i guarantee i can change ur mind about plummer. there is nothing that plummer has done in recent years or ever that a rookie has not done or done better. and also im new to this but ive noticed that all u other broncos fans want the qb to develop well it doesnt take years to get it if u dont have it by the first yeay than u prolly wont get it JAKE PLUMMER 10 years and still doesnt have it
                          Last edited by dabreeze1984; 04-23-2005, 03:37 AM.

Comment

Again your questionable acumen is showing.
                            John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                              Again your questionable acumen is showing.
                              ROTFLMAO, Funny stuff.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
                              2. Taxes
                              3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

Working...
                              X