Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worst draft in the history of the Denver Broncos?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by topscribe
    That was OUR first pick, but it wasn't THE first pick. It was a SECOND ROUND pick, no. 56 overall. It wasn't like Rolle was still on the board. Question: Which of the Broncos ran a kick back for a touchdown last year, save 34-year-old Rod Smith?
    First of all, I never said it was the THE first pick, I said our first pick. So, we desperately need help at the CB position and we waste our first(3rd round) pick on a PR/KR? As long as Griff is healthy, he is more than adequate at that.


    Originally posted by topscribe
    Well, yes, I can argue on that. He did quit an event over reasons we cannot even imagine. That does not mean he is now a quitter.
    I dont really care what reason he had for quitting the combine. The fact is that he did it. Doesnt show a lot for a players character.

    Originally posted by topscribe
    He did run a 40 at the same speed of a lineman . . . a very fast lineman. However, he recently ran a 40 in the same approximate time as TD used to run.
    I really hope and pray that is the last time you ever compare him to TD.

    Originally posted by topscribe
    He did stay healthy for eight games: long enough to lead his team to the national championship.
    8 Games huh? So, you would of rather had us select Clarett than say Barber? Have a guy that can only stay healthy for part of the season?


    Originally posted by topscribe
    I'm not saying Clarett will be a success or bust. I'm not saying the draft was good or bad. I am saying, as I stated in a recent post, I will wait and see. I won't be surprised, and I won't be disappointed.
    He will be a bust.


    Avatar/Signature by Snk16

    Jake "the Fake" Plummer - Shannon Sharpe

    Comment


    • #62
      YOu know those articles that give teams grades for their picks - has anyone read one where we are given a better than average grade? Most I've seen give us a C and we are either at the bottom or near bottom in the pecking order of who's had a good draft or not.

      First Down European American Football newspaper today gave us 4/10. I think we were the bottom rated team by them. (But I don't think that paper like the Broncos anyway)

      I know a draft's success cannot truly be judged for a few years but I'm interested to know what's the reponse you've come across in various publications over the past few days.

      Comment


      • #63
        One of last weeks picks will tun out to be a winner

        I may be a bit biased but you can count on Chris Myers to become a great Denver Lineman and leader for the Broncos. He will NOT disappoint himself or the fans. Give him a little time and you will see his worth.

        sig by Snk16


        sig by White Dragon

        "Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed...every morning a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve to death. It doesn't matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle...when the sun comes up, you'd better be running."

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by 77OlinesDad
          I may be a bit biased but you can count on Chris Myers to become a great Denver Lineman and leader for the Broncos. He will NOT disappoint himself or the fans. Give him a little time and you will see his worth.
          thas funny to me

          i thinck he will do alright

          thanx to TMHG

          Atwater makes the hit
          Woodson makes the pick
          Lott takes it back


          All for respect this is how the game should be played

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by steve6787
            First of all, I never said it was the THE first pick, I said our first pick. So, we desperately need help at the CB position and we waste our first(3rd round) pick on a PR/KR? As long as Griff is healthy, he is more than adequate at that. I dont really care what reason he had for quitting the combine. The fact is that he did it. Doesnt show a lot for a players character. I really hope and pray that is the last time you ever compare him to TD. 8 Games huh? So, you would of rather had us select Clarett than say Barber? Have a guy that can only stay healthy for part of the season? He will be a bust.
            Congratulations on all the time and effort you spent to dissect and post the various segments of my comment. If only you would have devoted the same effort to getting the point and posting something substantial, then we could have an intelligent argument. Instead of recognizing the neutrality of my argument, you implied that I was a Clarett fan, that I would rather draft Clarett than someone else. Moreover, I hope you pray about more important things than whether I compare Clarett with TD.

            I'll tell you what, partner. I could go on a speel about what I observed in Floyd Little, and I'll bet you won't even know what I am talking about because you probably weren't even a gleam in your daddy's eye. What I have seen has provided me the wisdom to provide a chance to an individual when there are signs indicating it should be provided. I'm only glad I was given that chance.

            If you can come up with facts and figures as I can, and not impute implications to me that I did not intend, then talk. Otherwise, you're just taking up bandwidth, and you will be duly ignored.

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by topscribe
              Congratulations on all the time and effort you spent to dissect and post the various segments of my comment. If only you would have devoted the same effort to getting the point and posting something substantial, then we could have an intelligent argument. Instead of recognizing the neutrality of my argument, you implied that I was a Clarett fan, that I would rather draft Clarett than someone else. Moreover, I hope you pray about more important things than whether I compare Clarett with TD.

              I'll tell you what, partner. I could go on a speel about what I observed in Floyd Little, and I'll bet you won't even know what I am talking about because you probably weren't even a gleam in your daddy's eye. What I have seen has provided me the wisdom to provide a chance to an individual when there are signs indicating it should be provided. I'm only glad I was given that chance.

              If you can come up with facts and figures as I can, and not impute implications to me that I did not intend, then talk. Otherwise, you're just taking up bandwidth, and you will be duly ignored.
              And you didnt dissect my post?

              Never once accused you of being a Clarrett fan.....look all you want but you wont find it in there.

              To the rest of your comment I say - (and you accuse me of using up bandwith ) Not here to fight or flame. You made your point, I made mine.

              Oh and by the way - Floyd Little was a heck of an athlete. But according to you I dont know who he is right?
              Last edited by steve6787; 04-28-2005, 08:28 AM.


              Avatar/Signature by Snk16

              Jake "the Fake" Plummer - Shannon Sharpe

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by steve6787
                And you didnt dissect my post?

                Never once accused you of being a Clarrett fan.....look all you want but you wont find it in there.

                To the rest of your comment I say - (and you accuse me of using up bandwith) Not here to fight or flame. You made your point, I made mine.

                Oh and by the way - Floyd Little was a heck of an athlete. But according to you I dont know who he is right?
                The best answer to my argument you have is ? Look, first, I congratulated you on your effort--I was serious. However, you did imply that I was a Clarett fan when you said, "So, you would of rather had us select Clarett than say Barber?" As I remember, I did not discuss whom we ought to have picked in the draft. That subject is moot; the selection is spent.

                You alluded to Clarett's slow times, which are misleading when considered at the exclusion of his other times. His Combine times were misleading as to what he could actually do, and your insistence--and that of several others on these boards--to dwell on them and ignore his other times is misleading. I merely tried to call your attention to that, to which you implied that I was committing sacrilege by comparing Clarett to TD. Hey, if they ran the same time, they ran the same time. If I state that I am the same height as Michael Jordan, am I equating myself to him as a basketball player?

                The only thing you presented of substance was your answer about Griffin and what he could do on returning kicks. That was well taken; I just wish there were more I could take well. But I guess you are just too bored to go to the effort.

                Comment


                • #68
                  His Combine times were misleading as to what he could actually do, and your insistence--and that of several others on these boards--to dwell on them and ignore his other times is misleading. I merely tried to call your attention to that, to which you implied that I was committing sacrilege by comparing Clarett to TD.
                  He has been out of football for 2 years. This combine was very important to him. Its not like he has been running for OSU the last 2 years and just had a bad combine. Asking if you would rather have Clarrett or Barber does not mean I think you are a Clarrett fan. It just seems your giving him way too much credit, so I simply asked who you would of rather had at that point.

                  Congratulations on all the time and effort you spent to dissect and post the various segments of my comment. If only you would have devoted the same effort to getting the point and posting something substantial, then we could have an intelligent argument. Instead of recognizing the neutrality of my argument, you implied that I was a Clarett fan, that I would rather draft Clarett than someone else. Moreover, I hope you pray about more important things than whether I compare Clarett with TD.

                  I'll tell you what, partner. I could go on a speel about what I observed in Floyd Little, and I'll bet you won't even know what I am talking about because you probably weren't even a gleam in your daddy's eye. What I have seen has provided me the wisdom to provide a chance to an individual when there are signs indicating it should be provided. I'm only glad I was given that chance.

                  If you can come up with facts and figures as I can, and not impute implications to me that I did not intend, then talk. Otherwise, you're just taking up bandwidth, and you will be duly ignored.
                  In my previous post I responded to your argument. What exactly were you arguing that I was supposed to be responding to in this post?


                  Avatar/Signature by Snk16

                  Jake "the Fake" Plummer - Shannon Sharpe

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Unfulfilled expectations

                    I expect the Broncs to go 8-8 this year...............or worse.............if it happens, I will not be ready to kill the dog. If they make the playoffs, I will be very happy, if they win the Super Bowl, I will be totally ecstatic. Being ticked off is a result of unfulfilled expectations. I will have none of it, for I expect little of this Shanahan molded team. Sure could have used some help in the draft. Jerry Rice will keep the geriatric set tuned in. Shanahan has brought the word "reach" solidly into free agent signing, used to be just the draft.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      A few years ago I think Denver drafted a WR in the first round that totally blew. I believe his name was Marcus something.... I'm sure one of you know who he was.
                      The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

                      The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by Dawgfan
                        A few years ago I think Denver drafted a WR in the first round that totally blew. I believe his name was Marcus something.... I'm sure one of you know who he was.
                        Marcus Nash. Total bust. That was in the 1998 draft, which has to be the Broncos' worst to date. Contrary to the beliefs of some, I do not believe that the selection of Brian Griese who was selected in the 3rd round that year, was a bust. He went on to be selected to the Pro Bowl before falling apart a few years later. So he was a good selection at that time.

                        Other than that, however, I don't believe a single player remains from that draft, nor did they stay very long. We would have to go back a long way to find a draft bad as that one.

                        (I hear Nash is doing well in arena football. Whee!)

                        -----

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          I liked Griese. Give him a decent pass blocking line and time to throw and he'll be in the Pro Bowl every year. With Denver the line isn't great at pass blocking. Their real skill shows with the run. Put Griese with Indianapolis and he'll put up insane numbers.
                          The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

                          The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Well . . .

                            Originally posted by Dawgfan
                            I liked Griese. Give him a decent pass blocking line and time to throw and he'll be in the Pro Bowl every year. With Denver the line isn't great at pass blocking. Their real skill shows with the run. Put Griese with Indianapolis and he'll put up insane numbers.
                            I don't believe the OL did a bad job. His problems were not due to physical circumstances. Something happened upstairs that I don't think even he could explain. And, while I believe he is a terrific teacher as a coach, Shanny doesn't impress me as the "put his arm around you and tell you everything is all right" coach. Griese really needed someone, IMO, and I don't believe he had that.

                            That's just a guess, though. I don't know what all went on there.

                            But Griese had jaw-dropping accuracy with his passes and a very quick release. I was really a fan of his up until the end.

                            -----

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by topscribe
                              I don't believe the OL did a bad job. His problems were not due to physical circumstances. Something happened upstairs that I don't think even he could explain. And, while I believe he is a terrific teacher as a coach, Shanny doesn't impress me as the "put his arm around you and tell you everything is all right" coach. Griese really needed someone, IMO, and I don't believe he had that.

                              That's just a guess, though. I don't know what all went on there.

                              But Griese had jaw-dropping accuracy with his passes and a very quick release. I was really a fan of his up until the end.

                              -----
                              Well Top you were one of few taht could handle dink.

                              Your correct he was a total head case. Probabaly needed to room with a shrink.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by Jrhampton
                                Well Top you were one of few taht could handle dink.

                                Your correct he was a total head case. Probabaly needed to room with a shrink.
                                It's a shame. Kid had a lot of talent.

                                -----

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X