Now we have 9 cornerbacks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
    But the main reason this draft was so horrific is not due to the talent of the players we got, it's due to the talent of the players we LEFT on the board. There were STEALS at every pick. We passed them by. That was the absolute worst value draft I've ever seen. Even if these guys become good players, we still could have gotten them a pick later and just bumped Clarrett off all together.

Ludicrous and pathetic draft. I was on record as saying there is no way Denver can blow this draft, there were simply too many good players to pick. I stand corrected.
    I totally agree, I sat there with a LIST of players at EVERY pick who I thought would be great values and have a chance at contributing right away, and came away shocked and dumbfounded by what Shanahan picked... absolutly horrible, this draft will come back to kick us in the rear just like the 98 one did.

Comment

Darrant Williams will NOT be a quality nickel QB. He is 5'8". He simply can't cover the taller WRs which offenses will exploit him with. He is strictly a special teams guy and he will go in on sub packages to cover the tiny slot WRs when we play a team that still has those types of players. Williams can't cover Vincent Jackson, he can't cover Curry, he should be able to cover Dante Hall at least. He won't be in the game in red zone opportunities unless he's blitzing.

I think the 2nd round was one hell of a stupid reach for a player that is restricted to special teams and covering the small, quick slot WRs. And that's ALL Williams can be expected to do due to his physical limitations at CB.

Willie Middlebrooks played like a 1st round draft pick last season. It may have taken him 4 years, but at least he's there now. Not one of these guys will beat him out for the nickel back unless he's moved to safety. Sometimes there's a learning curve in the league, it took Willie awhile, but athletically he is a gifted man.

Foxworth and Paymah have measureables. Foxworth also possesses some serious talent. I'm fine with him in the 3rd, thought that was an outstanding pick. Paymah is a boom or bust type which will probably take several years to develop. He's more the type of player that should have been drafted at 101.

But the main reason this draft was so horrific is not due to the talent of the players we got, it's due to the talent of the players we LEFT on the board. There were STEALS at every pick. We passed them by. That was the absolute worst value draft I've ever seen. Even if these guys become good players, we still could have gotten them a pick later and just bumped Clarrett off all together.

Ludicrous and pathetic draft. I was on record as saying there is no way Denver can blow this draft, there were simply too many good players to pick. I stand corrected.
      I agree as well, think about this, we could hav had justin miller instead of williams, shanny sux

Comment

Darrant Williams will NOT be a quality nickel QB. He is 5'8". He simply can't cover the taller WRs which offenses will exploit him with. He is strictly a special teams guy and he will go in on sub packages to cover the tiny slot WRs when we play a team that still has those types of players. Williams can't cover Vincent Jackson, he can't cover Curry, he should be able to cover Dante Hall at least. He won't be in the game in red zone opportunities unless he's blitzing.

I think the 2nd round was one hell of a stupid reach for a player that is restricted to special teams and covering the small, quick slot WRs. And that's ALL Williams can be expected to do due to his physical limitations at CB.

Willie Middlebrooks played like a 1st round draft pick last season. It may have taken him 4 years, but at least he's there now. Not one of these guys will beat him out for the nickel back unless he's moved to safety. Sometimes there's a learning curve in the league, it took Willie awhile, but athletically he is a gifted man.

Foxworth and Paymah have measureables. Foxworth also possesses some serious talent. I'm fine with him in the 3rd, thought that was an outstanding pick. Paymah is a boom or bust type which will probably take several years to develop. He's more the type of player that should have been drafted at 101.

i know what you mean, especially at our pick, there were SO many guys we could have taken there who would have GREAT value, yet we somehow manage to pick up darrent williams, a guy who wasnt even on my radar before we picked him ... it just hurts so much more looking at the picks after darrent williams, there were some QUALITY players there who could have challenged for starting this season yet we passed on them ...

and just the overall idea of taking 3 corners, its absurd what was shanny thinking? the only possible reason to pick 3 corners is that either he's going to cut/move a lot of guys OR he feels that with his drafting abilities, maybe 1/3 will come good
        Member of Warwick University American Football Team in UK
        http://www.warwickwolves.co.uk

I adopt Erica Weston

Comment

Working...
        X