Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the difference between Pac-man and Williams?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sevenis7
    replied
    Originally posted by OhNoKoolAid
    The tricky thing about value is that you never can tell, but I shall infer from the previous picks that athletic corners with fluidity were of more value than the bigger physical ones.
    The only problem with this is that in the AFC West there are bigger, physical WRs. If Walls gets injured (as many on this board say he is prone to do, though I disagree), who's going to cover Moss, Porter, V. Jackson?

Leave a comment:

• OhNoKoolAid
    replied
    Originally posted by myoung
    I am not disappointed with Williams at all. I do think we could have had him at 76. We could have picked up another player at 56 and then picked him up early in round 3. If we didn't think he would last until 76 we could have traded our 6th rounder with 76 and moved up 10-15 slots to nab him. This could have been done while still preserved pick 56.
    You do need to look at the landscape of the second round to see that the corner position was inaccurately valued by most "experts" because of the players that were going at certain picks. Eric Green's lack of speed killed him, as did Browner's. Collins, Bartell and Routt capitalized on theirs. I think that guys like Williams would be in demand because they can mirror receivers moves and break on the ball without contact, which is almost always a PI for an inexperienced player. The tricky thing about value is that you never can tell, but I shall infer from the previous picks that athletic corners with fluidity were of more value than the bigger physical ones.

Leave a comment:

• Dream
    replied
    Originally posted by myoung
    I am not disappointed with Williams at all. I do think we could have had him at 76. We could have picked up another player at 56 and then picked him up early in round 3. If we didn't think he would last until 76 we could have traded our 6th rounder with 76 and moved up 10-15 slots to nab him. This could have been done while still preserved pick 56.
    I disagree with the get him at #76 pick.

I think he would have gone to the teams taking cornerbacks after him (five of us).

Leave a comment:

• myoung
    replied
    Originally posted by Milehigh117
    At first I was dissappointed at the Williams pick, but thinking back, I think it could end up being phenomenal. First of all, Pac-man was the first pick of the draft and he's
    5-9 and 188 and Williams is less than a half inch shorter than him. He has better timed speed than Pac-man, has about a 40 inch vertical and is a total ballhawk that can pluck the ball out of the air like a WR. He's physical and can tackle, and top all that off with the fact that he's one of the top kick and punt returners and I really don't understand why Pac-man gets all the consideration while Williams gets so little. He could end up bein a big steal in this draft because of everything he brings.

I heard a report that said if williams was 5-11 he would have gotten top 5 consideration because of his incredible skills and everything he brings to the table.

Leave a comment:

• OhNoKoolAid
    replied
    He was injured most of last season with a broken arm, and then was suspended from the Bowl game. Pac Man is a better tackler, but Williams is every bit as willing. I think both are confident, or cocky however you see it, and will take risks to make big plays.

Leave a comment:

• Milehigh117
    replied
    http://nfl.com/draft/analyzer/DEN

Its the analyzer for our picks. Sorry, maybe not top five pick, but first round definitely if he were 5-11.

Leave a comment:

• Caliraiderhater
    replied
    Do you have a link?

Leave a comment:

• What's the difference between Pac-man and Williams?

At first I was dissappointed at the Williams pick, but thinking back, I think it could end up being phenomenal. First of all, Pac-man was the first pick of the draft and he's
    5-9 and 188 and Williams is less than a half inch shorter than him. He has better timed speed than Pac-man, has about a 40 inch vertical and is a total ballhawk that can pluck the ball out of the air like a WR. He's physical and can tackle, and top all that off with the fact that he's one of the top kick and punt returners and I really don't understand why Pac-man gets all the consideration while Williams gets so little. He could end up bein a big steal in this draft because of everything he brings.

I heard a report that said if williams was 5-11 he would have gotten top 5 consideration because of his incredible skills and everything he brings to the table.
Working...
X