Trade running back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade running back?

After the Mo pick, I was thinking that we may well have one of aur backs on the block to get 4th and 5th rounders. Maybe Anderson? I just don't see us waiting until 6 when Shanny has one of the best draft records in the league round 4-6. If you doubt the last don't just blow off, bring facts to show otherwise. Shannahan has over 30% success rate, league average is just under 20% in these rounds.

Sorry about the rant but I here all these people talking about busts of Shanny, but 50% of 1st rndrs bust league wide, Shanny over 10 years 30% bust 1st rnd. Yet many on this board label him horrible because he is only 70% successful!!! Not to mention drafting low most years and never above 10th. Name the GM's that have better success percentages over ten years and their percentages. These nay sayers remind me of the Russians that supported Stalin to overthrow the Gov. They were so busy finding fault with the people in charge that they paid no attention to the potential replacement and after it was over they had to suffer under one of the worst regimes ever.

I have been a Bronco fan since before Elway, and while I sometimes get frustrated with Shanny, I don't see anyone available thats better. I also don't believe he gets the credit for what he has done here. Many don't know it but 96-98 Shanny and Co changed the way the game was played on both sides. The Patriots have done it again and in a few years someone else will do it again. That is special and coupled with the 2 bowls should garner respect not constant venomus attacks.

New Stadium (75% taxpayer expense - to be "more competitive") + 3 Playoff Losses (all on the road, too) = Disgruntled Broncos' fans.

Fans have a right to have high expectations of the Broncos. Today's draft picks only added fuel to the fire to those who question the direction of the team. Desparate times do not always call for desparate measures. Informed decisions would do just fine

Comment

I'm not saying fans don't have the right to opine, hardly, or even be angry at things. To dispise everymove the team makes and constantly rail on the Management, in my opinion, shows one not to be a fan. In Denver now it seems to be a sport. I too have high expectations. I agree with the informed Decision, but who is to say they are not?

Comment

Originally posted by RMT
        New Stadium (75% taxpayer expense - to be "more competitive") + 3 Playoff Losses (all on the road, too) = Disgruntled Broncos' fans.

Fans have a right to have high expectations of the Broncos. Today's draft picks only added fuel to the fire to those who question the direction of the team. Desparate times do not always call for desparate measures. Informed decisions would do just fine
        I'm new here but I dont see how these picks add "fuel to the fire". Maybe for people who dont like Shanahan or are looking for reasons to be upset, but when I saw the list of picks I was very happy.

Aside from Champ, one of the most glaring things in watching the Broncos last year was our lack of DB depth. Nowe we have it. Another one was no kick returner. Now we have it.

I like Clarett too--a nice steal pick..why not?

We have good people at other positions, and we still have some picks left. I think we'll get a WR and maybe a QB.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoinKsCity
          We have good people at other positions, and we still have some picks left. I think we'll get a WR and maybe a QB.

unfortunately, we only have 2 picks left, late 6th rounder and a late 7th rounder.

Comment

I would like to trade a back for a fifth rounder.
            Broncos forever!! :clap:
            \

Me and my daughter, Christmas eve 2006

My wife and my daughter, same game against the Bengals.

:wave:

Comment

Working...
            X