Clarett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clarett

"Whatever they want me to do thats what im gonna do" im starting to warm up to this kid.

Talk is cheap

Fact of the matter is talk is cheap. Shanny is a genious no question about it when it comes to runningbacks but, I dont understand this pick of the other 3. I just listened to Clarrett's news conference and he said the right things but, its all talk. Shanny made a bad move here. Clarrett may be good but what are you going to do with Tatum Bell then? Why did we use a second round pick on him if you are going to use a 3rd round pick on a " potential top 10 player " if he were to play according to espn anaylsts. All in all this pick makes no sense we didnt address many of our needs! We still need depth at the oline, dline, safety perhaps wr and linebacker. We missed out on a lot of good players this draft, and there are still more around even in the 4th / 5th round. Clarrett all in all will not be worth a 3rd round pick when all is said and done. Also he hasnt played in a football game in 2 years! 2 years! people dont understand how long that is! Disappointed. How can you like someone that puts himself before his team..?

Comment

I think, after watching the news conference, I see a lot of humility in this kid. I was pissed when we drafted him, but the more I think of it, the more I like it. I thought we drafted him too early, but without a pick in rounds 4 or 5, it makes more sense. I think most of his off-field issues were with the NCAA and OSU, and not legal issues. That said, he will likely flourish here, considering our running scheme. But most importantly, I think Clarett has matured dramatically from that whiny little kid suing the NFL last year.

PS. Does anyone else think he looks kinda like Quentin Griffin?
      From "The Ghost Breakers" (1940):

Geoff (Richard Carlson): “When a person dies and is buried, it seems there’s certain voodoo priests who have the power to bring him back to life.”
      Mary (Paulette Goddard): “How horrible.”
      Geoff: “It’s worse than horrible because a zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes, following orders, not knowing what they do, not caring.”
      Larry (Bob Hope): “You mean like Democrats?”

Comment

If Clarrett can keep his head and stick to business, there is a better than average chance of him turning things around. Maurice has excellent ability, good instincts (on the field), and likes to hit. This guy was a likely Heisman winner but for the events at OSU. My feeling is that he can rise to the challenge. The guy was just a kid who was spoon-fed bad advice his entire life (thinking Mom). Two years of inactivity has probably taught him new levels of humility. Once he gets back in camp, the physical will take care of itself. If he's still hungry and can stay mentally tough, Denver will have a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Reichert113
          Fact of the matter is talk is cheap. Shanny is a genious no question about it when it comes to runningbacks but, I dont understand this pick of the other 3. I just listened to Clarrett's news conference and he said the right things but, its all talk. Shanny made a bad move here. Clarrett may be good but what are you going to do with Tatum Bell then? Why did we use a second round pick on him if you are going to use a 3rd round pick on a " potential top 10 player " if he were to play according to espn anaylsts. All in all this pick makes no sense we didnt address many of our needs! We still need depth at the oline, dline, safety perhaps wr and linebacker. We missed out on a lot of good players this draft, and there are still more around even in the 4th / 5th round. Clarrett all in all will not be worth a 3rd round pick when all is said and done. Also he hasnt played in a football game in 2 years! 2 years! people dont understand how long that is! Disappointed. How can you like someone that puts himself before his team..?
          If clarett proves to be good we may have a two headed running monster to come, but so far Im pretty skeptical about it. Who know's though... I still think we shouldn't have reached so far. Now A. Mac is gonna be a waste in NO
          Bronco fan from Packer Land.
          Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
          Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

He handled himself very well in that press conference and seems to be eager to work. But its not gonna be a cake walk, back in college he easily won the starting job, but here in Denver its not gonna come so easy and I just hope he handles that well, b/c if he dont become the starter, hes liable to raise hell and show us a different side of him. Its gonna one heck of a training camp this year wit him, Tatum, Anderson, Griffin and Dayne!
            Last edited by Sam_Z; 04-24-2005, 12:13 PM.

Comment

37 years an Ohio State Fan; 29 years a Bronco's Fan; I longed for the pleasure of Maurice Clarett to disappear and "wham" I am still stuck with him! I hope he has grown up and can be honest with the Bronco Nation. He hasn't been able to do that with the Buckeye Nation!

Comment

Originally posted by broncobuckeye
                37 years an Ohio State Fan; 29 years a Bronco's Fan; I longed for the pleasure of Maurice Clarett to disappear and "wham" I am still stuck with him! I hope he has grown up and can be honest with the Bronco Nation. He hasn't been able to do that with the Buckeye Nation!

what a dilemma u have
                I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

I knew that the broncos would take a chance on clarrett he belongs in denver, but i dont know with a 3rd rounds ive seen alot of talented recievers in the 4th so i think we made a mistake takin him so early but im glad we got him

Comment

Working...
                  X