X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Javalon
    replied
    Originally posted by cdawg1001
    ok, then why not draft justin miller, whose both a better return man and corner? darrent would hav been available in the third, this draft was horrible.
    Not necessarily, Miller averaged 12.1 yards per punt return (412 yards on 34 returns) and 1 TD over his career while Williams averaged 21.9 yards per punt return (482 yards on 22 returns) and 3 TDs. That's a big difference.

But Williams doesn't have a lot of experience on kickoff returns with only four in his college career, so who knows how he'll do there? Miller was a really good kickoff returner so this is the only big question mark.

But what you have to remember is that NFL scouts don't rely on the media "analysts" to assess their prospects. They have their own criteria and they watch many of these players first hand and are more focused in their studies of players since multiple scouts are assigned territories as opposed to the draft "analysts" that try to cover the entire country. The point being to give the scouts a little credit for doing their jobs and not relying on the spotty information provided by the media analysts.

Leave a comment:

• Snk16
    replied
    Originally posted by West
    This kid can go 2 directions. A Dante Hall return man at best or a kick ass hard nosed corner like Antwoine Winfield. I'd like both but i doubt he does both.

I agree.

Leave a comment:

• West
    replied
    This kid can go 2 directions. A Dante Hall return man at best or a kick ass hard nosed corner like Antwoine Winfield. I'd like both but i doubt he does both.

Leave a comment:

• KellenWinslow81
    replied
    Originally posted by cdawg1001
    ok, then why not draft justin miller, whose both a better return man and corner? darrent would hav been available in the third, this draft was horrible.
    Thank you.

Justin Miller was staring us in the face, but Shanny CANT go with the obvious, he has to go against the grain every time.... he will pay for it... Darrent will be a career returner/nickel at best where Miller has the ability to star

Leave a comment:

• cdawg1001
    replied
    Originally posted by PrimeTime
    He supposedly has great return skills, this one was for special teams. Its funny you figure any football player should excel on special teams, but return skills are hard to come by.

Leave a comment:

• UberBroncoMan
    replied
    Originally posted by chickennob2
    For a kick return DB, i would have rather had Antonio Perkins with our comp pick at 101 rather than this joker at 56. We still will need a RB and an OT/G. I wouldve rather had 3rd round talent there than 6th/7th.
    We need a RB..........? we got 7 of them

Leave a comment:

• dabreeze1984
    replied
    Im tellin u guys this kid is a machine id like to see ol shanny switch him to a safety position i know hes small but hes fast hits like a truck good pick to me the others ones questionable at their draft spot but over all i give our draft a C-

Leave a comment:

• chickennob2
    replied
    For a kick return DB, i would have rather had Antonio Perkins with our comp pick at 101 rather than this joker at 56. We still will need a RB and an OT/G. I wouldve rather had 3rd round talent there than 6th/7th.

Leave a comment:

• UberBroncoMan
    replied
    Williams = Dante Hall for us

Leave a comment:

• dabreeze1984
    replied
    yes this kid is an amazing return man, but the kid has skills on D hes a bad ass tackler he loves to hit i hope to see him on D u guys should too

Leave a comment:

• Sam_Z
    replied
    He supposedly has great return skills, this one was for special teams. Its funny you figure any football player should excel on special teams, but return skills are hard to come by.

Leave a comment:

• chickennob2
    started a topic Shannahan's Plan for DARRENT WILLIAMS

Shannahan's Plan for DARRENT WILLIAMS

This was a great pick. you see, here's shanny's plan. You take a circular saw, cut 4 inches off of Lenny Walls and attach them to Williams. Its genius!
Working...
X