Grade the Draft Overall (day 1 and 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grade the Draft Overall (day 1 and 2)

I think, actually, we had a really wise draft, and these players could develop into great ones

I'll give it an A-
    A+
    0.00%
    A
    5.88%
    A-
    5.88%
    B+
    8.82%
    B
    14.71%
    B-
    2.94%
    C
    29.41%
    D
    17.65%
    F
    14.71%
    Administrator

sigpic

I give it a B-, I like our Kicker, D. Williams for returns and Maurice Clarett. The rest I will wait and See the biggest pickup was the Fox this kid could be a starter in a year or two!!!
    We Buc, We Bronc And Now We Bite... Go BroncDawgs!

Defense brings the pain but linbackers bring the terror!!!

Sig By SNK16

Comment

It was definately a thoughtful draft. We didnt exactly have any glaring holes in the team. Just small ones.

Comment

We needed depth on Oline. people are leaving next year on the line or we will pay through the nose to keep mediocre players.

Not a wise draft from that perspective. We needed one or two(at very most) and drafted three that Fox was the only draft value pick of the first day and we passed on first round talent.

We don't need a kicker, we need a punter. WTF. We got Elam, one of the best in the game, nobody had this guy on any radar, I think this was some kind of braindead move.

I will say, we did or could use CB help but much needed positions were passed over on this. Not good. We used FA to improve and we need to do it through the draft. But since we got burned by the Colts, this was a knee-jerk reaction.
        Broncos forever!! :clap:
        \

Me and my daughter, Christmas eve 2006

My wife and my daughter, same game against the Bengals.

:wave:

Comment

If you look you will see that he is a K/P probably a better P then K. His average per punt last year was unreal at like 47 yards a punt.

Comment

Originally posted by DarKliger
            If you look you will see that he is a K/P probably a better P then K. His average per punt last year was unreal at like 47 yards a punt.

Playing against WHO? If he played against nobodies that covered punts poorly or could not return them SO WHAT.

Comment

B-... i didn't really like the maurice clarett pick........ Seem's like a pain in the a$$ to me.

Comment

How does it matter who he played against? What does your leg get stronger against weaker teams?

Comment

B. Nothing too spectacular, nothing to bad.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DarKliger
                    How does it matter who he played against? What does your leg get stronger against weaker teams?
                    THe averages are better if no one can return the ball or if you are kicking at a higher alittude.

Now I could not find last year schedule in this short time, but I'd say that this is probably close to waht they played last year.

Sept. 1, 2005, Adams State, Flagstaff, Ariz.
                    Sept. 10, 2005, Arizona, Tucson, Ariz.
                    Sept. 17, 2005, Southern Utah (Hall of Fame), Flagstaff, Ariz.
                    Sept. 24, 2005, Weber State, Ogden, Utah
                    Oct. 1, 2005, Sacramento State, Sacramento, Calif.
                    Oct. 8, 2005, Eastern Washington (Family Weekend), Flagstaff, Ariz., 3:05 p.m.
                    Oct. 22, 2005, Portland State, Portland, Ore., 6:05 p.m.
                    Oct. 29, 2005, Montana State, Bozeman, Mont.
                    Nov. 5, 2005, Montana (Homecoming), Flagstaff, Ariz., 3:05 p.m.
                    Nov. 12, 2005, Idaho State (Senior Night/Red Ribbon Game), Flagstaff, Ariz.
                    Nov. 19, 2005, Northern Iowa, Cedar Falls, Iowa, 4:00 p.m

Show me what big time talent they normally play against.

So he can kick the lights out in Flagstaff and against the above mentioned stalwarts.

Hope he can kick it out of the endzone on kick offs that will give us 18 yard advantage over last years debacle kicking off. As long as the punts are not blocked I guess I can't see how we could get much worse.

Comment

Working...
                    X